Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

You know what's heartbreaking?

We'll never see KK in the dugout again :huh:

FACT.

When he left in '97 you always felt there was unfinished business on his part and that one day, he'd be back.

He'll not make that move again.

I'm fucking fuming!

:razz:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And have those signings been so bad?

Being harsh they show a bit of promise but aren't good enough on their own to move us up the table.

Then again even with the system working, they've been hamstrung by a shit budget which is down to Ashley.

ST money? TV money?

You know what I dont even know why I am posting. I am so pissed off it is unreal I dont think I have thought things through properly. There just seems to be know way out of this. EWith Shepherd i alwys had this thought that someone could get rid of him because he was not the majority share holder but who is going to get rid of Ashley. I can only say whay I used to about the old fat cunt. Stop spending money on the toon till he loses enough to fuck off.

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,

blue skies from pain.

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?

A smile from a veil?

Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?

Hot ashes for trees?

Hot air for a cool breeze?

Cold comfort for change?

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have you found? The same old fears.

Wish you were here.

Quite apt huh

Edited by JawD

Have to be honest i'm not blaming Wise, Jimminez and all the others, it is entirely on Ashley's head. They were brought in to do the jobs he assigned them which they have done, if they weren't following his instructions they and not KK would be out. So i have no axe to grind with them, i'm even in favour of having these roles at the club providing the manager overules them all in saying yes or no to any players in and has complete control of players out, but that didn't happen.

So basically Ashley should fuck off and never come back because he's never going to be able to sit with the fans again after this shit! We can only pray that for once Anal Oliver is right and that there is a chance these investors still want to buy the club from Ashley because he'll be made very aware by the fans he needs to go.

yes, I agree.

They are doing what the owner is telling them to do and why he hired them.

But any manager worth his salt picks his own staff and for that, Keegan was always going to do this.

The only manager Ashley will get will be someone who is prepared to work this system.

At the moment though, I don't give a fuck. The sooner he sells the better for me.

It's almost unfathomable the mess we are in now. There's no British manager good enough that would want the job, and even if there was they wouldn't take the job given the management structure, and if any foreign manager has even 10% understanding of the pressure they'll be under given the current circumstances, they'll knock the job back. I know that no one wants to hear it, but only Shearer or Ashley selling up is gonna have a chance of working imo. And I don't think Shearer is the answer.

Steve Wraith talks a lot of sense.

I very much doubt that Ashley will be allowed to stand with the supporters purely because the police wont let him

:huh::razz::D<_<:puke::icon_lol: I'M PLEASED SOMEONES SENSE OF HUMOUR IS STILL ALIVE.

Have you just seen his interview Stevie? I couldnt argue with anything that he said.

I didn't see that interview, but I've heard enough in the past.

Given will go as well as Owen imo. Milner was the lucky one.

I tell you what, I almost hope that fat cunt tries to appoint Dennis Wise. He'll resign by half time of the Hull game the atmosphere will be so fucking poisonous at the ground.

The gutless wanker will either try to get Shearer in, or he'll sell up imo. If I was that Indian fella I'd be coming in with a cut price offer round about now, and then I'd be straight on the phone to Keegan telling him he's manager and his first assigned job is to shit in Derek Llambias' top drawer, then sack him and Wise.

:huh:

2nded

Over the past few days, the board of directors of Newcastle United Football Club and Kevin Keegan have been in detailed discussions. The letter which Kevin received today from managing director Derek Llambias has failed to resolve the matters in issue between him and the club and accordingly he feels he has no alternative other than to resign.

Kevin Keegan said:

“I’ve been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible. It’s my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want. It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future and I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters. I have been left with no choice other than to leave.”

LMA chief executive, Richard Bevan, said:

“The LMA has been supporting Kevin during a very difficult period. We share his great disappointment and frustration that the situation could not be resolved.”

For further information please contact:

Richard Bevan, LMA Chief Executive, 07860 474 767

Absolutely astonishing.

Newcastle United Football Club is sad and disappointed that Kevin Keegan has resigned.

Over the last few days the Club has devoted itself to the discussions it has held with Kevin and as a result of those discussions had put together a set of practical suggestions for how to move forward.

Today the Club made it clear to Kevin that if he had any outstanding concerns on its proposals, he should raise them with the Club.

The Club regrets that Kevin has, instead of taking up that offer, chosen to resign.

Newcastle United Football Club is sad and disappointed that Kevin Keegan has resigned.

Over the last few days the Club has devoted itself to the discussions it has held with Kevin and as a result of those discussions had put together a set of practical suggestions for how to move forward.

Today the Club made it clear to Kevin that if he had any outstanding concerns on its proposals, he should raise them with the Club.

The Club regrets that Kevin has, instead of taking up that offer, chosen to resign.

Aye by sending him a letter today. Absolute embarrassing how we can do this to such a great man.

And it took them 2 hours to come up with that? :huh:

Thats an obscenity - these people are idiots

Over the past few days, the board of directors of Newcastle United Football Club and Kevin Keegan have been in detailed discussions. The letter which Kevin received today from managing director Derek Llambias has failed to resolve the matters in issue between him and the club and accordingly he feels he has no alternative other than to resign.

Kevin Keegan said:

“I’ve been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible. It’s my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want. It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future and I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters. I have been left with no choice other than to leave.”

“The LMA has been supporting Kevin during a very difficult period. We share his great disappointment and frustration that the situation could not be resolved.”

Absolutely astonishing.

Unbelievable.

My heart still says: It's not Ashley. Ashley is on holidays. It's just the numpties that are the problem. Ashley will come back and sack them seeing what's going on. Keegan is coming back.

I know this is unrealistic wishful thinking.

Im quite happy in a way. Keegan didnt deserve to put up with their shit and hes had the bottle to put his foot down and show them up for what they are. I hope they get chased out of town and i think they might just aswell

I can see the logic in this.

I never liked them and so while Keegan has shown them up for the clueless cunts they are, who would never have brought us success IMO, its a hell of a sacrifice for him and for us and I bet he's pissed off tonight just like we are.

What a fucking crock of shit

I think what makes it worse is that Ashley's probably been laughing at us since he came. Wearing KK shirts, standing with the boys. It all looks to be a complete joke now and a very shallow attempt at making us think he gave a shit. Im not sure he's in it for the football, or else we would have seen him back down in these discussions and give Kev what he wanted.

I just honestly cant see where the club goes from this. Ridsdale at Leeds/Ellis at Villa, theyve seen nothing yet.

Kevin Keegan said:

Absolutely astonishing.

Unbelievable.

My heart still says: It's not Ashley. Ashley is on holidays. It's just the numpties that are the problem. Ashley will come back and sack them seeing what's going on. Keegan is coming back.

I know this is unrealistic wishful thinking.

Wishful indeed. Wise should never have been recruited. End