Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGANEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAN

Atleast, spell the man's name right. :lol:

KEEGAN STAYS .co.uk

EWCASTLE United can confirm that meetings between members of the Board and manager Kevin Keegan were held both yesterday and today.

Kevin has raised a number of issues and those have been discussed with him.

The Club wants to keep progressing with its long-term strategy and would like to stress that Kevin is extremely important, both now and in the future.

Newcastle United values the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St. James' Park and wants him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the Club.

For the avoidance of doubt the Club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manag

NOPE - all that says is they haven't sacked him and don't want him to leave....

It doesn't mean he hasn't walked though

This.

Actually this sounds right. He could still walk.

Anyone else read that statement as

"keegan laid down the law,

ashley told him how it was,

keegan walked/got sacked

Ashley seen the backlash that was coming and quickly back peddled as quickly as he could

I'm rekoning (and hoping) thats about it.

The wording is extremely dodgy, so he could still have walked, but I hope to god he hasn't. I'd like to think he's gone in there and kicked off over this transfer window and lack of funds handed in his resignation and the board have came to their senses and realised that it's Keegans way or the Championship

KEEGAN STAYS .co.uk

EWCASTLE United can confirm that meetings between members of the Board and manager Kevin Keegan were held both yesterday and today.

The Club wants to keep progressing with its long-term strategy and would like to stress that Kevin is extremely important, both now and in the future.

Newcastle United values the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St. James' Park and wants him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the Club.

This.

Thank god I'm not the only one seeing through the flowery wording...

They haven't sacked him, they want him to continue

....but no mention whatsoever that he's in agreement with them!

All this statement has served to do is relieve them of responsiblity for leaving the club (if he has). It does NOT mean he is definitely still our manager.

Be vigilant people - the fat lady ain't singing just yet.

Have you seen thaqt official statement? Not sacked, still part of the future. He's called their bluff and walked. Get in KK! They've shit themselves!

That's exactly how I read it too. I know it's not a laughing matter, but :lol::angry: :angry:

KEEGAN STAYS .co.uk

This.

Actually this sounds right. He could still walk.

But SSN said he was sacked though!!

Mong.

KEEGAN STAYS .co.uk

Thats what I was wondering. Was thinking it was their way of trying to put it onto KKs shoulders.

I *think* he is still at the club. But clearly things are not right.

My opinion which Im sure many will share is that IF this is going to work they need to loosen the leash on KK and let him do what he is good at.