Kevin Keegan Resigns as manager

Scottish Mag

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People emailing saying those outside the ground don't represent Toon fans as a whole :lol:

Just as one of them was downing a cheap bottle of cider aswell, classic timing

In an Ashley stylee?

No. This lad was hard as fuck so he didn't shudder afterwards

Edited by Mr Lahey

I'm still not convinced, I think Ashley and Co have shit a brick at the reaction of the fans, I think I can hear the sound of frantic back peddling.

KEEGAN STAYS .co.uk

EWCASTLE United can confirm that meetings between members of the Board and manager Kevin Keegan were held both yesterday and today.

Kevin has raised a number of issues and those have been discussed with him.

The Club wants to keep progressing with its long-term strategy and would like to stress that Kevin is extremely important, both now and in the future.

Newcastle United values the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St. James' Park and wants him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the Club.

For the avoidance of doubt the Club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manag

NOPE - all that says is they haven't sacked him and don't want him to leave....

It doesn't mean he hasn't walked though

This.

Actually this sounds right. He could still walk.

But SSN said he was sacked though!!

Mong.

What has SSN got to do with me?

Johnny this guy is thick he can't understand the principle of JUST DON'T TALK TO ME, QUOTE ME, MENTION ME IN YOUR POSTS!

Edited by Attain

KEEGAN STAYS .co.uk

EWCASTLE United can confirm that meetings between members of the Board and manager Kevin Keegan were held both yesterday and today.

Kevin has raised a number of issues and those have been discussed with him.

The Club wants to keep progressing with its long-term strategy and would like to stress that Kevin is extremely important, both now and in the future.

Newcastle United values the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St. James' Park and wants him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the Club.

For the avoidance of doubt the Club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manag

NOPE - all that says is they haven't sacked him and don't want him to leave....

It doesn't mean he hasn't walked though

This.

Thank god I'm not the only one seeing through the flowery wording...

They haven't sacked him, they want him to continue

....but no mention whatsoever that he's in agreement with them!

All this statement has served to do is relieve them of responsiblity for leaving the club (if he has). It does NOT mean he is definitely still our manager.

Be vigilant people - the fat lady ain't singing just yet.

Sure, but this is at least more reason for hope than getting to grips with Dennis Wise standing in the dugout at the next match.

Keegan has done it again. He's held the pistol to their head. They know they have to fear the fan's backleash if Keegans goes. So they have now to do this Keegan's way.

I wouldn't mind if the outcome is to get rid of the likes of Wise and Lamearse with Keegan have more say about the people he wants to work with.

Fucks sake..... I've just got back from the club shop with the new 3rd strip and WISE 1 on the back.... No wonder I never win the fucking lottery

Wise is still at club, not sure for how much longer. :lol:

My take on it is we've had an identical situation to the one we had immediately following the Swindon game back in 1992.

KK's had enough of being fucked about and has offered his resignation, of that I have no doubt whatsoever.

Today's carry on has been negotiation and the motley crew at the top, realising what losing KK would mean in terms of the reputations with the fans and doing whatever they can to keep him.

In short if he does stay (and it's a big fucking IF!), expect to see a smack-load of funds in January to invest in players.

Keegan relates to the fans, knows how pissed off we and echoes our sentiments. Above all he wants the best for the club.

I fucking hate the transfer window because if it wasn't around now, i'd expect him to go on a spending spree this week.

IMO he's done exactly to Ashley what he did to John Hall 16 years ago - but they didn't think he would..

I just fucking hope he stays.

Fucks sake..... I've just got back from the club shop with the new 3rd strip and WISE 1 on the back.... No wonder I never win the fucking lottery

Jesus christ.

One things for certain, the ball is in KK's court. After the fan reaction, if I was KK I'd be going back with a massive fuckin list of demands.

If he goes back with a huge list, he will be told to fuck off.

Jesus christ.

Am I missing something?

Yeah but if that statement had of been released sooner instead of wasting my money on WISE 1 I could've either got WISE TEA BOY or WISE COCKNEY CUNT on the back of the shirt..... Now I just feel like a fool! :angry: