I think...

Given

Beye Colo Talyor Enrique

Gutierrez Guthrie Gonzalez N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

Bench

Harper, Bassong, Butt, Xisco, Duff, Geremi, Barton

Backup/Youth

Krul, Tozer, Edgar, Kadar, Lua-Lua, Baheng, Zamblera, Ameobi, Smith, Viduka, Ranger

Strong 1st team, pretty stronger bench and backup has talented youth, versitility and experienced PL players.

Im happy with that till january thf

:lol:

The first team doesn't look bad at all; the only real concern of mine is the wing-back situation. There isn't adequate cover.

It's disappointing that we haven't replaced Milner, but if we lose a key winger, then we've got the option to take one of those four there out - and go 4-3-3.

Given

Beye Coloccini Taylor Enrique

Barton

Gonzales ------------------ Spidey

Owen

Martins -------- Xisco

Harper

Cacapa

Bassong

Butt

Guthrie

N'zogbia

Viduka

Probably missed someone out, like.

Edited by smoggeordie

I would like to see the 4-3-3 back.

Given

Beye Taylor Colo Enrique

Jonas Guthrie Barton

Owen

Martins Xisco

Could definitely work. I wouldn't be surprised to see Keegan enforce it; as Chez says - he's probably signed Xisco to play and i can't see him dropping Oba. Imagine if Gonzalez was the dogs testicles n'all; we'd have a fucking sexy attacking team. :lol:

The first team doesn't look bad at all; the only real concern of mine is the wing-back situation. There isn't adequate cover.

It's disappointing that we haven't replaced Milner, but if we lose a key winger, then we've got the option to take one of those four there out - and go 4-3-3.

This is what i was thinking before and i agree, but i cant see xisco taking martins place, theres gonna be a right old scrap for that place up front which is healthy, we mite see the best of oba now he has serious competition for his jersey!

Also what i like, and you mentioned it that we can switch back to 433 which is another string to our bow...im honestly enthusiastic about this season now!

I'd have to say that a fit Viduka will play over Xisco and probably Martins (though Martins would sub on for him late in the match). Xisco would be groomed to eventually become a replacement for him (or will be used until the Pie Eater is fit enough to play).

If all fit:

Given

Beye Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Jonas Guthrie Nacho* N'Zogbia

Owen Viduka

Subs(from): Harper, Martins, Xisco, Butt, Bassong, Barton, Duff, Edgar, Smith

* - Hoping he's good.

Currently (assuming Enrique is fit):

Given

Beye Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Jonas Guthrie Nacho* N'Zogbia

Owen Xisco

I'd rather have Bassong than Beye at the minute, he's had a shit start to the season.

Agree that Beye has been not up to the high standard he set last year - but Bassong is left footed, and I'd rather not see Geremi play there since he doesn't have much running in him.

Given

Barton

Owen

Martins -------- Xisco

Harper

Cacapa

Bassong

Butt

Guthrie

N'zogbia

Viduka

Thats what i'd go for

Given

Barton

Owen

Martins -------- Xisco

Harper

Cacapa

Bassong

Butt

Guthrie

N'zogbia

Viduka

Thats what i'd go for

Since when has Barton been a DM? Total myth, presumably borne out of the assumption he can tackle because he goes around chinning people.

Given

Barton

Owen

Martins -------- Xisco

Harper

Cacapa

Bassong

Butt

Guthrie

N'zogbia

Viduka

Thats what i'd go for

Since when has Barton been a DM? Total myth, presumably borne out of the assumption he can tackle because he goes around chinning people.

He's not a DM, but he's better than Guthrie and Butt in that position for me, and I have doubt as to how long Geremi could play in that role.

Given

Barton

Owen

Martins -------- Xisco

Harper

Cacapa

Bassong

Butt

Guthrie

N'zogbia

Viduka

Thats what i'd go for

He's not a DM, but he's better than Guthrie and Butt in that position for me, and I have doubt as to how long Geremi could play in that role.

I'd say both were better there. Geremi possibly is too. The role is the exact opposite of what Barton is good at imo. Butt is still decent there imo and he's more disciplined in that role. Guthrie's a bit different in that he won't be as combative there but he'd read it well and pass the ball well from that position, a bit like Carrick does. All, imo, obviously but of the central midfielders at the club I'd probably pick Barton last to play there (haven't seen any of Gonzales tbf).

Given

Barton

Owen

Martins -------- Xisco

Harper

Cacapa

Bassong

Butt

Guthrie

N'zogbia

Viduka

Thats what i'd go for

I'd say both were better there. Geremi possibly is too. The role is the exact opposite of what Barton is good at imo. Butt is still decent there imo and he's more disciplined in that role. Guthrie's a bit different in that he won't be as combative there but he'd read it well and pass the ball well from that position, a bit like Carrick does. All, imo, obviously but of the central midfielders at the club I'd probably pick Barton last to play there (haven't seen any of Gonzales tbf).

That's the beauty of football, differing opinions :lol:

Makes the DM position absolutely crucial if you play that system with those other players though, which is why I couldn't see Barton there.

TBH IMO none of our central midfielders are good enough to occupy it on a full time basis. That's why I was hoping for a Barton + cash swap for Diarra last night.

Edited by smoggeordie

Makes the DM position absolutely crucial if you play that system with those other players though, which is why I couldn't see Barton there.

TBH IMO none of our central midfielders are good enough to occupy it on a full time basis. That's why I was hoping for a Barton + cash swap for Diarra last night.

:lol: That's some wishful thinking there :D

:lol: That's some wishful thinking there :D

No, my WISHFUL thinking was we'd kidnap someone like Essien when no one was looking and give him a fake beard and hope no one would notice :icon_lol:

Given

Beye Colo Naldo Taiwo

Spidey Moutinho Barton Zog

Owen Xisco/Martins

Subs:

Harper/Krul

Taylor

Viduka

Duff

Martins/Xisco

Enrique

Guthrie

Squad:

Geremi

Butt

Smith

Cacapa

Bassong

What I want to see, at the start of next season.