Everton swoop

The Fish

Marouane Fellaini's agent has confirmed that the Belgian midfielder sealed a move to Everton before the transfer window closed.

Tottenham, Newcastle, West Ham and Everton were all reported to be locked in a battle to land the highly-rated Standard Liege star.

But it is now Everton won the race and sealed Fellaini's signature on a five-year contract in a club record deal.

Everton have agreed to pay €16million (£13m) - also Belgian transfer record - for the 20-year-old international.

Eveton looked to have worked right up to the deadline on Monday and successfully brokered a deal with Standard's vice-president Luciano D'Onofrio.

Although Standard have revealed that they had been in talks with Everton for a number of weeks.

Done deal

Fellaini's agent Christophe Henrotay confirmed the deal was done in time.

"It is all okay," he said.

"Marouane has signed for five-years and Standard gets €16 million."

Everton are yet to confirm the deal but should David Moyes have sealed the move then it will be something of a coup as Fellaini is one of the most highly-rated young midfielders in Europe.

Aye but where's our "WOW" signing?

Surely Cisco & Pancho can't be the 'Wow' factor. (ok so I meant Xisco & Nacho)

And where's our left-back coverage?

I had hoped for at least one more body in before the window closed, especially after all the tripe about irons in the fire and nearly there syndrome. When will I ever learn. WOW :lol:

I had hoped for at least one more body in before the window closed, especially after all the tripe about irons in the fire and nearly there syndrome. When will I ever learn. WOW :lol:

Christ, this is like Saddam Hussain being linked with 9/11. Say it often enough and the numpties will believe it.

No-one at the club has ever mentioned a WOW signing.... in fact Keegan has flat out denied it.

Christ, this is like Saddam Hussain being linked with 9/11. Say it often enough and the numpties will believe it.

No-one at the club has ever mentioned a WOW signing.... in fact Keegan has flat out denied it.

Keegan denies 9/11 or Saddam remotely controlling the planes?

panic buy? it`s a lot of money for someone from the Belgian league

Watched him against liverpool - looks ok and had a decent bit of pace but gave the ball away a bit - seems alot of money and not sure whether he could maintain that energy level consistently throughout a season

I had hoped for at least one more body in before the window closed, especially after all the tripe about irons in the fire and nearly there syndrome. When will I ever learn. WOW :D

:lol: Were any of the things Noelie mentions actually said by anyone at the club?