Dennis Wise

Chaser

Can anyone come to a logical opinion as to why Dennis Wise was appointed DOF?

Ive thought through this many a time and still fail to see any quality or experience as to why he would be the candidate for such a post.

I always thought that DOF was a role given to elder statesmen, ex-managers not interested in the everyday hustle & bustle of the job but wanting to offer their experience to a younger less experienced manager.

Was it a wise or not so wise decision to appoint Wise?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps he was offered (perhaps even given) the job as manager, then Ashley heard that Keegan was interested, so ended up doing this.

I thought wise was brought in several months AFTER keegan?

He was. Some people just spout shiet before thinking.

Perhaps he was offered (perhaps even given) the job as manager, then Ashley heard that Keegan was interested, so ended up doing this.

2 weeks after, if I remember correctly.

Who knows, but when KK was at the stoke game, Wises scouting buddies were there so some of it was obviously already planned out

He was. Some people just spout shiet before thinking.

'Shiet'?

One of the reasons Wise was brought in is because he's mates with Ashley through some third party. Both were involved in overseas time-share deals and through this other guy they apparently got to know each other, hit it off and have been pretty tight ever since. Don't know who he is exactly before anyone asks, just heard this from someone today.

Ashley appparently thinks Wise is a top man for some inexplicable reason, and despite him having zero experience and no real affinity with NUFC, gave him this very influential job.

If I was Keegan I'd piss off too, rather than be undermined by Wise. If I was Owen I'd also piss off, given we're almost certainly onto the fifth manager since he signed three years ago.

If it wasn't so depressing it would almost be funny.

I have to admit that when Wise first appeared on the radar screen at SJP my first thoughts were that he was going to replace Keegan at some point in time..

Not sure if Ashly would be stupid enough to do that now.

make him fuck off and hire dick van dyke instead

he's a semi likable more useful cockney

You do realise that Dick... oh why do I even bother?

Blind Faith?

make him fuck off and hire dick van dyke instead

he's a semi likable more useful cockney

You do realise that Dick... oh why do I even bother?

Blind Faith?

I was expecting the old "Penis Van Lesbian" joke :lol:

Think of the scene on Little Britain with Dennis Waterman on the chair. Thats how I see Wise. Him sitting legs dangling over the side of a chair too big for him sitting opposite Mike Ashley. :lol:

I dont like him. I see him as a typical cockney wide boy. He may well have good attributes that we dont know about as far as football and his role are concerned, but while he is in the background I can half forget about him. If he were every to be pushed to the front in a more visible role I'd be well fucked off. If ever he was to re-unite with Poyet ... Morcamb and Wise indeed ..

Think of the scene on Little Britain with Dennis Waterman on the chair. Thats how I see Wise. Him sitting legs dangling over the side of a chair too big for him sitting opposite Mike Ashley. :lol:

I dont like him. I see him as a typical cockney wide boy. He may well have good attributes that we dont know about as far as football and his role are concerned, but while he is in the background I can half forget about him. If he were every to be pushed to the front in a more visible role I'd be well fucked off. If ever he was to re-unite with Poyet ... Morcamb and Wise indeed ..

Isn't Poyet waiting for the Spurs job? :D

I'm not one who is determined that the Newcastle manager should be a member of the 'Geordie nation' although the only two decent managers we've had in recent times (not coincidentally) had a true idea of what the club is all about and had a comprehension of and an iffinity with the fans. I could very easily accept an 'outsider' who is a top coach etc. (Hitzfeld, or someone like that), but Dennis cunting Wise? Fuck right off.