Football Manager 2009

The Fish

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I suppose everywhere but defence and central midfield. Houghton reckons I need a new keeper instead of Given. Jonas seems pretty decent, but Martins, Owen and Cardozo seem to go hours without scoring. I bought a rake of younger players though, so hopefully they'll start to come through.

Was just wondering if there were any 'must-buy' players.

• 2 weeks later...

Just let the england job 'cause I couldn't be bothered managing a club and country and you'll never guess who was named my successor

thats right Super Glenn Roeder is now in charge of glenn roeders own country

• 3 weeks later...
Was playing this for so long last night that when Spurs won the UEFA Cup, I actually thought "Well, we'll be seeing Danny for a while after this" and it took me 5 minutes to realise. I then shut it off and got some much needed sleep.

it happens to the best of us

Fabian Monzon, absolutely awesome player, left back who scores for fun (yeh) and is also a class defender

monzonprof.jpg

monzonhistory.jpg

not sure what hes like at the start of a game but well worth the one for the future investment if my game is anything to go by

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Offering them a new contract is the only way really. Ideally be a bit pre-emptive and as soon as your Assistant Manager warns you that a player might be after a new challenge.

Bah. Cheers for that. Pedro never bothered to tell me they were getting itchy feet. They have at least 3 years on thecontracts though, so hopefully I can just reject all offers and ride out the storm. I already had to sell a world class centre mid though after he wanted a new challenge and had only 1.5years left.

2 of my best players dislike each other now, too. Any way to resolve it?