Football Manager 2009

The Fish

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look what's just arrived.....

fmev3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Looks better than the white disc, plastic sleeve version I got at the weekend... ;)

I've got a lot of work in for later in the week so I won't be installing it until Friday.

I find it hard to play as the toon i get annoyed too quick and the demo has too many bugs

There will be a patch out on Friday.

Yeah i heard. Still find it frustrating to play with newcastle can never seem to win. might start with sporting lisbon

injuries are a bit shit on it. get like 5-6 players down in a game.

Yeah, bound to be the first thing they fix.

it is a big problem. alot of people in SI forum are showing screen shots of there teams its laughable

its what the demos for though isn't it

find these problems with the build and fix them before the full game comes out

then they do a couple of patches and all is well

Yup, losing 1/2 players every game. ;)

fmev3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Looks better than the white disc, plastic sleeve version I got at the weekend... ;)

I've got a lot of work in for later in the week so I won't be installing it until Friday.

Tell me about it mate, due to a heavy workload (two magazines to be finished by the start of next month) I am no further on in it than I would be with the demo...

injuries are a bit shit on it. get like 5-6 players down in a game.

Yeah, bound to be the first thing they fix.

it is a big problem. alot of people in SI forum are showing screen shots of there teams its laughable

its what the demos for though isn't it

find these problems with the build and fix them before the full game comes out

then they do a couple of patches and all is well

Yup, losing 1/2 players every game. ;)

Yeah its balls isn't it

fmev3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Looks better than the white disc, plastic sleeve version I got at the weekend... :icon_lol:

Tell me about it mate, due to a heavy workload (two magazines to be finished by the start of next month) I am no further on in it than I would be with the demo...

I think it's only fair to the readers of your magazine that you do a full and concise review.....

;)

The game won't work till Friday anyway, even if you do have it already!

Some sort of licensing law they've set apparantly....

Mine and Gregs do ;)

No one likes a clever shite....

especially ones with FM09 :icon_lol:

Apparently if your grpahics card isnt 128MB you're fucked, I don't know what mine is to be honest :|.

This is the problem I've been having with the demo.... couldn't play it at all.

Apparantly there will be a patch released tomorrow that might solve this problem. However, Sports Interactive has been very vague about if this patch will actually solve the problems of having a graphics card that is less than 128MB.

Hopefully they'll just introduce an option to disable the 3D pitch mode.

Apparently if your grpahics card isnt 128MB you're fucked, I don't know what mine is to be honest :|.

Apparantly there will be a patch released tomorrow that might solve this problem. However, Sports Interactive has been very vague about if this patch will actually solve the problems of having a graphics card that is less than 128MB.

You can do that in the options anyway?

Can't even open the game.

A lot of others are having the same problem it looks like.

Can't even open the game.

A lot of others are having the same problem it looks like.

Ahh...

I disabled it within the first 5 minutes. Not a fan of it at all...

Might invest in it after I've heard back on what it's like after the first patch is installed. Same shit every year, bug ridden when first released then the first patch. That patch then has it's own problems so it gets a second patch/data update. Sometimes they do a third but after the second one this time there was fuck all.

The fixes:

Football Manager 2009 v9.1.0 (Build 26064)

Compatibility

=============

- Fixed Intel 900 series not being able to run in 3D (including the Intel 950 GMA chipset)

- Handling cases of Intel drivers incorrectly reporting the vertex shader model.

- Improved compatibility with splash screen movies on below minimum specification hardware that could cause the game not to launch.

- Improved compatibility for detecting graphics cards with pixel shaders but below the minimum specifications that could cause the game not to launch.

- Fixed cases of the mouse getting stuck in right-click mode on the Mac

Crash Fixes

===========

- Fixed crash when claiming the same player from the MLS Waiver Draft more than once

General

=======

- Adjusted the fitness/condition of virtual players

- Adjusted attendance increases for big teams after winning leagues

- Adjusted expansion capacities of new stadiums built in the game

- Adjusted the effect of a new stadium on club attendances

- Stopped holiday option applying for jobs at lower division clubs when the user is in charge of a national team

- Stopped players been delighted to have signed a new contract when they are just out on loan

- Tweaked the assistant manager's monthly training report to better reflect the changes of player attributes

- Reduced player condition drop in the off-season

- Stopped non-managerial staff members being marked in landmarks as "Manager <x> leaves <team>" when they take on a manager role at another club

- Adjusted the attribute assignment when filling in blanks for researched players in the database

- When a user takes control of a club which had a player/manager, the player/manager now leaves the club instead of reverting to just a playing role

- Adjusted friendly attendances for matches involving big clubs or rival clubs

- Don't get asked to appoint club captain immediately when taking over a club if the season is over already

- Fixed Fastest Goal club record not updating

- Stopped manager who sets "International Player" experience having more caps and/or goals than the record holder(s) of that nation

- Fixed Dutch virtual players showing the Dutch language twice in their list of languages in the player personal profile

- Detail Level now remembered correctly for reserve competitions after loading a saved game

- Fixed bug where user would sometimes not be able to team talks to be controlled by assistant manager

Interface

=========

- Team History screen tables now remember scrollbar position when moving between teams

- No more unnecessary spacers on the Quicklinks bar when unemployed

- No more invalid column error in player trials history

- Edit boxes scroll to the cursor

- Transfer listing a player on a team tactics screen now updates the status flags for that player

- Fixed bug where swapping players with light and serious injuries on the tactics panel caused both players to show in the serious injury colour

- Fixed bug where shirt numbers on team tactics panel were clashing with the background colour

- Managers of B clubs now have the option to allow assistant manager to take control of friendlies

- Fixed the stadium condition information label which was showing "unknown" for several stadiums

- When viewing the draw for the Euro Cup group phase, the groups are now shown correctly

- Fixed home/away floating panels not remembering positions.

- Standardised layout of motivation, team ratings and match stats floating panels

- Removed player condition from key player widgets when viewing previous matches as highlight data does not contain condition data

- Fixed missing match time when viewing previous matches.

- Added home page menu item to bookmarks menu.

- Characters no longer sometimes print twice after a key press in full screen mode

- Fixed competition news icon indicator link going to inbox.

- Altered colour of cannot play status icon for non injuries and suspensions

- Any player sent off whilst the user is changing tactics is now removed from the pitch panel

- Fixed a bug where sometimes when changing captain in a match the wrong player would be shown as captain on the player ratings panel

- Fixed bug which would cause the past meetings table to become sorted incorrectly

- Fixed bug where the tooltip on the captain selection panel would say 'Vice-Captain' for all entries below the vice captain

- Fixed bug where some people’s names on the club favoured personnel list would be underlined when they could not be viewed

- Fixed players not playing as strikers being listed on the milestones list during a goal drought

- Fixed bug where players in a reserve team were shown on a squad screen regardless of the filter set.

Match Viewer

============

- Fixed some kick animations not being played

- Animations (e.g. kicks, saves, headers, tackles) now synchronised better with actual ball contact

- Fixed possibility of commentary being displayed half a second early unintentionally

- Match time slider can now be used to view the whole match and not just highlights

- Removed assistant feedback link from the match screen when team has no assistant manager present

- Tweaked the assistant feedback for tactical suggestions on opposition instructions at the start of the match

- Fixed assistant manager commenting on language barriers when most of the team is of same (foreign) nationality

- Tweaked the assistant manager feedback levels based on attributes

- Fixed some kit clash issues

- Fixed bug where user isn't taken back to a highlight in split view after making tactical changes

- Fixed bug where if a human watching a match leaves, then comes back, the match time slider was not showing the correct highlights/periods

- Added prev/next highlight buttons in highlight slider as separate buttons

- Behaviour of team name links in match screen is now consistent across views

- Fixed not being able to go to Tactics screen at half time in extra time in TV view

- Fixed text difference "TV View"/"TV Mode"

- Fixed injury times in the TV view match report widget not fitting properly

- Fixed links in offence notifications

- Fixed linesman’s flag appearing in pop ups for fouls

- Fixed a bug when a tactical change made during a match highlight would sometimes cause the match highlight to disappear from the match time slider.

- Fixed a bug where the team stats panel on the match screen would sometimes not update if the user paused the match then switched to this panel.

- If user views highlights of an old match in the middle of a current match, the current match shows the correct kits in 3d when the user returns

- Fixed user not being able to go to tactics screen at half time in extra time in TV view

- Fixed layout of goal update widget

- Fixed mismatching hint text for tactics button in TV View

- Fixed floating widgets jumping when setting up TV View

- Tactics buttons in TV View go to team talk at full time

- Added hints to the TV View tactics buttons

- Fixed replay speed slider not being visible on classic view

- Added replay speed to TV View

- Fixed "Live" button not updating when dragging highlight slider to non-highlight area

- Exits replay properly when user sets playback to live using method other than "Exit Replay" button

- Fixed scoreboard showing wrong data during match setup when viewing matches from Intro screen

Sounds

=======

- Fixed half time whistles and some other sounds occasionally playing twice when watching a match

Network

=======

- Fixed game freeze when user joins a network game using an empty IP address

- Fixed bug where a match between two human managers may not carry on after a forced tactic change is made

Manager/Player Interaction

===================

- Can no longer train goalkeepers to rifle in free-kicks unless they are a free-kick taking goalie (e.g. Rogerio Ceni)

- Can now discipline players in your reserves and U18's for being sent off in a match

- Fixed problem if a player outright rejects learning a new PPM, you then have to wait a long time before you can request that they learn a new PPM

Player Happiness

================

- Players on loan no long get low morale because they are transfer listed at their parent club

Media

=====

- Fixed bug where the wrong host for the next Confederations Cup was being announced

- Stopped repetitive "Backs manager to win new contract" news item after every game when manager is near the end of his/her contract

- Fixed player bio talking of player having 'done well to come back from serious injury' when the injury wasn't particularly serious

- Fixed match report bug which states that the match 'started tentatively' for the wrong team

- Fixed some grammatical errors in strings

- Fixed some female strings

Press Conferences

=================

- Don't ask question about long gap between games for non-active sides

- Will no longer be asked a question about needed to spend money to gain success outside of transfer windows

- Questions about who will win the title come up less frequently

- Questions about who will win the title not asked when destination of title has already been decided

- Fixed fairly rare occurrence when journalists would ask a follow-up question that had already been asked in the same press conference

- Fixed instance of user being asked who will win the title too often

- Fixed rare instance where journalists would think a score draw was 0-0

- Stopped people from having to interrupt their Christmas dinners to take a press conference

- Assistants now answer opposition dangerman questions

- Fixed bug where extra time and penalty goals not shown in player reaction to post match press conference

- Fixed bug where AI manager could rarely attend a pre-match press conference twice

- Fixed bug where Assistant attending press conference would be asked the same questions in consecutive conferences quite often

- Fixed bug where the PR reactions weren't showing after your assistant takes a press conference

- Made sure you always attend a new job press conference before any other type of press conference

- Stopped big players responding to comments from small club managers

- Fixed defender being chosen as possible threat in a question

Transfers

=========

- Sell-on fees cleared also when the next transfer includes no cash

- Stopped relegated teams offering players well below their asking prices

- Stopped teams make a loan offer for a player despite the fact that he will be injured for the next 4 to 5 months

- Stopped clubs repeating same transfer offer over and over again with no sign of giving up or improving offer

- Stopped clubs initially bidding basic value for key/first team players if no asking price has been set

- Stopped clubs who haven't previously bid on a player from bidding below previously rejected offers of the same type from different clubs

- When a club reject loan bid due to low wage contribution but user is offering to pay 100%, the real reason is that the buying club is a divisional rival

- Stopped Chairmen inappropriately accepting bids because they are "too good to refuse" at high reputation clubs

- Fixed teams reject original offer for a player but after an enquiry they will accept less

Scouts

======

- Fixed a bug when managing Tottenham, scout reports on Jermain Defoe would suggest he "would be a good signing for most League One sides"

Managerial Sackings/Appointments

================================

- Fixed clubs hiring and firing 3 times in 5 days due to manager contract expirations

- Ensured managers who have had a poor start but given time by the board don't get fired once they have been there a short while and are gradually improving the terrible league position

Club Reputations

================

- Club reputations rising instead of dropping properly when a team gets relegated

Training

========

- Young players on part time/amateur contracts in youth teams now get youth training instead of full/part time

Contracts

=========

- Fixed wages asked and wages allowed for Israeli players aged 18-21 in Israel

- Fixed low reputation player rejecting contract offer as he wants a more lucrative salary, but he is being offered exactly what he is asking for

Finances

========

- Fixed custom expenditure setup in the database from spiralling when renewed

- Adjusted cash balances of inactive clubs with sugar daddies

- New MLS kit sponsorships only to start after the first season

- Adjusted MLS wage budgets to allow budgets higher than the cap

- Tweaks to club bankruptcy limits and chairmen willingness to cover losses

- Enabled loans setup in the DB to have future repayment start dates in the game

- Adjusted building costs of new stadiums in developing countries

- Adjusted stadium sponsorship deals for new stadiums

- Adjusted the high end wages in France

- Adjusted the level of extra wage budget board will allow at rich clubs if requested and accepted

- Adjusted the Belarus league ticket prices to better match the values set in the DB

- Fixed Huddersfield season ticket prices and sales to revert to normal levels after the first season where season tickets are on special sale

Board Takeovers

===============

- Non-active clubs now have chairman changes listed on their history landmarks panel

- Improved board takeover frequency and balance

- Fixed issue where board members weren't moving/leaving clubs properly, previously identified by corrupted club records e.g. Bobby Charlton at Man Utd

- Increased chance of ambitious directors becoming chairmen at other clubs

- Improved selection of nationality for tycoon chairmen

- Slightly reduced reputation boost for consortium and tycoon takeovers

- Fixed bug where B clubs where having board takeovers.

Miscellaneous

=============

- Fixed some Hints and Tips

- Fixed Danish Tutorial headline

- Updated Credits

Nationalities

============

- Players can now gain Hong Kong citizenship

- Fixed Brazilian player is considered as Home Grown for an English side despite only joining them six weeks ago

- Fixed bug where a Non-EU player wouldn't want to gain British nationality

Competitions

============

International

-------------

- East Timor get placed in a valid group in Asian Under 20 Championships Qualifiers

- African Cup of Nation hosts for 2010, 2012 and 2014 added

- Paraguay South American U-20 2009 hosts

- Fixed CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers being played on the wrong dates in the first season causing fixture clashes with league games

- Vietnam now doesn’t qualify directly for Asian Nations Cup 2011 as they take part in the qualifiers

- Fixed Asian/Oceania World Cup Qualifying playoff for 2010 World Cup clashing with club league fixtures

- Fixed International friendlies incorrectly played 13th August 2008

- Correct age rules used when picking squads for U21 European Championships

- South American U20 Championship winners now get an achievement added

North America

--------------

- Correct teams now entered for the CONCACAF Champions Cup in 2008

Asia

----

- Fixed North Korea host the Asian President's Cup.

Australia

---------

- Australian Institutes should not receive any compensation when Youth contract players move.

- Fixed bug in A-League (regular season) where wrong team is mentioned as the winner of the competition

Bulgaria

--------

- Bulgarian TV revenue update.

Croatia

-------

- Updated Croatian First Division, Second Division and Cup schedules

Czech Republic

--------------

- Amended Czech Summer Transfer Window

Denmark

-------

- Fixed Danish Premier Division scheduling clashing with the Euro competitions

England

-------

- Fixed there being no TV games on the last day of the season in the English Championship

- Fixed duplicate 'long term loan' rule sentence in the rules screen for the Blue Square North/South

- English Conference leagues now deduct 10 points for teams going into administration

- Community Shield no longer called the "Community Shield Final"

- England's away game against Andorra in September 2008 should be played at Espanyol's stadium

- Should not have to register players for reserve team matches

Finland

-------

- Premier/ Division 1 schedule update

- Finnish Cup third round added

France

------

- French transfer window changed to 01/09/2008 for the first season

- French cup match squad must have no more than four non-EU players

- French League 2 maximum two non-EU players in squad

- 5 subs can be named in French cup until 1/4 finals, 7 from 1/4 finals onwards

- French league cup final set to Saturday 25/04/09

- French National schedule updated

- French loan rules updated

- Fixed French U18 Cup amount of subs

- Ligue 1 Midweek TV dates added

Greece

------

- Updated Greek Prize Money

Iceland

-------

- Fixed Icelandic league dates

Indonesia

---------

- Indonesian Prem/First schedule updated

Israel

------

- Promotion/Relegation Play-off Matches 1 leg 2009/2010 onwards

- Israeli Leagues minimum Stadium capacities changed

- Fixed transfer window

Italy

-----

- Updated Coppa Italia Serie C Third Round Schedule

- Avellino's 3 point deduction cancelled

Mexico

------

- Fixed an issue which sometimes qualified the wrong team for the NACL

Norway

------

- Fixed incorrect text being used for maximum number of non home grown players rule

- Removed home-grown player match rules for Norwegian 2nd division

Romania

-------

- Fixed teams being allocated to the wrong Romanian Second League Group

Russia

------

- Changed Premier Division squad rule to U21 instead of U20 and moved the age check day to 31st December

Scotland

--------

- Fixed Scottish Second Division relegation playoffs are played on the incorrect dates

Singapore

---------

- Last 4 sets of fixtures not played at the same time

- Changed the display order of Singapore competitions

South Korea

-----------

- Fixed duplicate and incorrect disciplinary rules for South Korean competitions

Spain

-----

- Fixed Spanish 2nd Division B - Promotion playoff to 2nd Division draw

Sweden

------

- Added prize money for Swedish Premier League teams

Turkey

------

- Fixed Turkish teams not being able to sign Foreign based U18 players with Turkish nationality

- Turkish B-style feeder club relationships now send more players on loan each year

United States

-------------

- Allocation funds from sales outside the MLS are now correctly awarded

- Fixed an issue which sometimes qualified the wrong team for the NACL

- Fixed wrong prize money in US Cup

- Increased AI teams interest in players inside the Superdraft

- Generation Adidas players no longer require the user to offer them a contract as they now get give one automatically

- Stop players requesting contract clauses that can't be offered in the MLS

- Stopped teams signing players from the Development League when the player hasn't already been in a draft

- Designated players no longer reject terms they ask for

- AI teams should increase their transfer activity to sign Designated Players

- Stopped AI teams from going over the squad restrictions

Uruguay

-------

- Fixed bug where a team may get a Uruguayan First Division championship achievement both after winning the Playoff match and the Championship match

- Basáñez removed from Uruguayan Second Division

Match Engine v725

-----------------

- Fixed throw in taker being over pitch line when throwing

- Fixed players standing 2 yards outside area at penalties instead of right on line

- Improved short free kicks taken at 30 yards out or more

- Fixed commentary stating distance of shot when scoring from clean through at edge of area

- Created some limited ball and player movement When players stand and hold ball up waiting for options

- Reduced ratio of serious injuries compared to light ones in match

- Reduced instances of players not closing down ball player slightly

- Fixed bug where player could be described by commentary and animation as taking a throw in during open play

- Made team shape support ball player a little better when attacking

- Fixed bug where defenders continued marking strikers too long when ball clearly in their teams possession

- Encouraged certain players to try risky dribble when out of options in attacking area

- Encouraged shot when player cutting in at edge of area and on good foot ( or confident )

- Made players attack penalty area quicker when team mate is on wing and in crossing position

Match v726

----------

- Removed some confusion created by small deflections that can cause players to react illogically

- Fixed rare bug where keeper can fumble save as result of foul off ball between 2 other players

- Reduced extreme curve on kicks with high target point

- Improved perception of when player is in semi clean through situation

- Fixed players clean through drifting too wide too easily

- Fixed bug where player chasing ball can suddenly move at superhuman speed

- Made defenders a little more careful about going to ground prematurely

- Made players a little more willing to turn having received ball to face opposition goal depending on tactical instructions etc

- Toned down number of shots on target slightly

- Fixed players making unnatural passes similar to how it works for shots in v724

Match v727

----------

- Fixed dodgy use of squad rotation by some teams mid season

- Increased accuracy of ball to player deflections

- Fixed AI managers being overly defensive in some lower league games

- Fixed AI managers illogical use of 424 when no need

- Fixed occasional instance of goalkeeper not picking ball up when able to

- Fixed possibility of lesser goalkeepers parrying ball that is easy to catch

- Fixed rare instance of keeper leaving save until ball is already over the line

- Lowered number of passes ahead of team mates that give receiver too much to do to get there

- Player marking post at corner will now leave it to mark free opponent who is near if no-one else can do it

- Player marking opponent with ball near own corner flag now positions better to block the cross

- Less shots from free kicks in wide areas

- Encourage run with ball when acres of space to move into

- Encourage pass to player in more advanced position when attacking

- Reduced instances of player kicking ball against opponent for throw in unrealistic position

- Slight reduction in shots going over bar rather than wide

- Slight reduction in condition drop through match

- 3 man midfield or attack with no wide players now spreads more when in possession

Match v728

----------

- Made AI managers with low attacking ratings a little less negative at home when not underdogs

- Fixed some saves described as superb when they were routine

- Stopped some instances of defenders trying to move in for tackle before they are in position

- Made players a little more likely to cross when well placed to do so

- Made players a little more likely to shoot when well placed to do so

Match v729

----------

- Stopped players deserting the player they had stayed back to mark at their own team's corner

- Fixed AI managers making illogical subs when players get injured in the first half

- Fixed possibility of throw in causing immediate throw in for opposition due to v725 moving taker behind the line

- Fixed tackle in own area triggering illogical "must score" commentary

- Made players more likely to shoot first time when presented with close range chance

- Made players more likely to lay ball off first time when back to goal and under pressure

- Fixed keeper dropping ball to avoid taking it out and then taking too long to recover and grab it again

- Made attacking minded players a little more adventurous when running with ball in opposition territory

- Stopped players taking ball under control when its too far from their feet

- Made players in defensive wall more likely to block ball

- Fixed players in defensive wall not facing ball

- Fixed bug where player sometimes stands close to but never picks up a motionless ball

- Fixed keeper changing mind about letting ball run out at last minute and as a result fumbling it and risking losing it to attacker

- Fixed bug causing keepers not to dive on some penalties

- Toned down effectiveness of penalty takers in pressure situations like shootouts

- Fixed bug where player can get near zero match rating for no obvious reason

- Fixed bug where player makes pass to team mate that is too hard for him to pick up

- Tuned v727 change to 3 man midfields in possession

- Improved position of 3 man midfields when out of possession

Match v730

----------

- Made players a little more effective when clean through on goal

- Reduced players "running through" opponents to win back ball

- Made keepers a little better and more likely to make effort to save ball at least

- Fixed bug where keepers allow back passes that are deflected to go into goal

Match v731

----------

- Fixed keeper coming for backpass and missing it altogether

- Fixed match getting stuck assert due to bug in receiving ball code

- Fixed player diving and moving for ball while diving animation plays out

- Fixed player standing still with ball for ages and ignoring obvious pass

- Further small tweak on # of injuries

Match v732

----------

- Fixed striker diving to head ball out of keepers hands when yards away

- Fixed back header being hit unnaturally powerfully in for own goal