Football Manager 2009

The Fish

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an utter fucking cunting farce. I paid nearly £30 for this. The code registration system was down (could still be for all I know) so I uninstall and start again and now nothing happens when I insert the cd, apart from Steam re-installing. So I've got to download it via steam despite them having all my details and the key code bollocks.

I avoided using the Steam option, I remember the farce with Half-Life 2 when it came out on Steam, I used the online option to register FM09, thankfully it worked ok.

Fuckin' shite.

Code won't work cause the server is down apparantly, and when it does work (if ever) my graphics card probably won't be good enough, until they release yet another patch!

Fuckin' shite.

Code won't work cause the server is down apparantly, and when it does work (if ever) my graphics card probably won't be good enough, until they release yet another patch!

if ye graphics card is 128MB ye sorted. Many people only have 64 and 32MB cards though which means in basic terms they're fucked.

I took steam off and tried to reload it in, now fuck all happens when I put the fuckin disk in, this is a fuckin joke of epic proportions, am fuming.

Mine finally got sorted at 7pm, after about 5 or 6 hours. Just gotta keep hitting back when you get the error message then try again. Tedious stuff. Got a game all set up but really can't be arsed tonight to set up training and tactics right now.

Mine finally got sorted at 7pm, after about 5 or 6 hours. Just gotta keep hitting back when you get the error message then try again. Tedious stuff. Got a game all set up but really can't be arsed tonight to set up training and tactics right now.

I've stupidly took steam off and now the disk won't re-set up the game. A could scream.

I've stupidly took steam off and now the disk won't re-set up the game. A could scream.

Yeah that's what happened to me. I had to download the game from steam and then try to register. Was about 5 minutes away from sitting in a corner rocking backwards and forwards, I'd say it was a farce but they tend to be funny.

Yeah that's what happened to me. I had to download the game from steam and then try to register. Was about 5 minutes away from sitting in a corner rocking backwards and forwards, I'd say it was a farce but they tend to be funny.

Why download the game, I've already bought the cunt!! I'm not paying another 30 quid!

Why download the game, I've already bought the cunt!! I'm not paying another 30 quid!

You don't have to pay for it again. Your keycode will still be valid with a downloaded game. It's just the inconvience of having to wait for it to be downloaded when it's sat there on a disc.

What an utter fucking cunting farce. I paid nearly £30 for this. The code registration system was down (could still be for all I know) so I uninstall and start again and now nothing happens when I insert the cd, apart from Steam re-installing. So I've got to download it via steam despite them having all my details and the key code bollocks.

I uninstalled steam today. Too much pissing about.

The game will probably be alright around Jan time as usual.

Just to say all logos and facepacks will work in 09, you can just copy and paste them into your created folders. Although if you stick your facepacks in you might be missing a few people so this one is kicking about http://www.fmglive.com/index.php?option=co...nfo&id=1184

Like the man said, if you had logo's, facepacks and kits etc on FM08 and haven't uninstalled yet, just drag the graphics folder from My documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008 over to the Football Manager 2009 folder in My Documents/Sports Interactive, as there isn't one by default, then go to preferences, graphics and display and turn off "skin cache" and turn on "reload skin on confirm".

Also I like to edit the Competion names, using the game editor, which is in the tools folder in the Football manager 2009 folder in "program files", I change Premier Division to Barclays Premier League and Champions Cup to UEFA Champions League etc, because I'm a bit obsessional.