True Faith - War

Scottish Mag

That's the thing, if this has all blown up while Ashley's away and is down to Wise and Llambias it's not right to bust Ashley's chops just yet. All that article should say is the fans are firmly behind Kev and IF anything has gone wrong between him, Wise and Llambias it'll be Kev that the fans stick with... in other words you'd best give Kev what he wants to make sure he stays and is happy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing, if this has all blown up while Ashley's away and is down to Wise and Llambias it's not right to bust Ashley's chops just yet. All that article should say is the fans are firmly behind Kev and IF anything has gone wrong between him, Wise and Llambias it'll be Kev that the fans stick with... in other words you'd best give Kev what he wants to make sure he stays and is happy.

So you reckon Ashers has been away for the whole of Aug and Sept and Wisey has been ordering double portions of fish and chips?

Poor effort and a total kneejerk reaction. Unless theyve sat in on the discussions, I fail to see how they can make such a public assumption of where its gone wrong.

Who runs True Faith?

out of the country or not

the right hand men don't do anything without confirming its ok with the lad who pay's their wages

at least nothing of this sort of magnitude esp if its gone as public and as titsup as it has

Of course they don't people are just trying to avoid thinking about the inevitable.

Fucking hell, cringe-tastic or what. They have really lost the plot on this one. I'd say to anyone that the right action to take is nothing. Sit tight and wait to see how their discussions go. This kind of action will do nothing except get more negative publicity. We dont even know the full story so how can anyone point fingers? Fuck sake. :huh:

Absolutely.

Whilst I am upset at the current goings on, I dont think this is the way forward. MA has made a mistake and I think that's obvious now. As long as this is rectified and KK is happy, then I will consider the matter closed. No need to start shooting the owner etc. MA is trying to run a business and I'm sure he has the right intentions at heart.

If MA is ousted, we could end up in deeper shit. We desperately need stability and this is not the way forward. We are already a laughing stock - let's not contribute further to that.

Fucking cringeworthy that like.

the petition or Danny's weak wind up attempt?

This is a little knee jerk of True Faith, we're all in the dark as to what's gone on.. Ashely isn't even in the country FFS, not sure how much of this can be laid at his feet.

The latter. The former's a given.

Regardless of how much he's been involved in the recent activity (and he must have been to some extent as it involves the sale of company assets); he put this system in place. Therefore, whilst it may have been Wise/Llambas or whoever (pure speculation) it has been done within the system MA chose to set up.

Therefore, the buck very definitely stops with him.

As I've said though, I don't think we should shoot MA over this. No one is perfect and in business we all make mistakes. It's what we do to rectify them and move to avoid them in the future that we should be judged on.

By all accounts, he's not done anything that several other clubs haven't done ala West Ham and Spuds (his best mates) to name two. Not that that provides an excuse, but it is a structure that is not uncommon - it's just that it's a shite structure.

I can't imagine SAF standing for something like this (in fact I seem to recall he threatened to go if the board didn't sanction the Yorke deal - he's set his stall out). Curbs has gone for the same reasons and I think it's right he did. If the manager does not have control of who comes in and out they are effectively toothless. In addition, how does the manager build a long term plan as to how the club will move forward if he does not have control over the personnel he will have at his disposal in which to do it.

On a slightly different note, I think the Curbs situation has ended with him going without question. In the case of KK, it is the response of the fans and the team which has stopped this happening to us. I'm also willing to give the benefit of doubt to the current board for their part in trying to rescue the situation. Unlike the West Ham board, they haven't let this happen, they appear to the seeking a resolution to this as they must see the long term ramifications in allowing KK to go.

I only hope that this is resolved with KK staying and the fans allowing things to move on without it being continuously dragged up.

Kiss and make up and lets move on. Surely this can be resolved with with vigorous make-up sex?

True Faith seemed to be in their element when talking about FFS, but I seems they don't have a clue about the way things are run now.

As a PLC it was easy to replace the chairman I would have thought - But shifting Ashley would take more than a petition.

aye. Moaned like fuck to get rid of them, and now they got what they want, and someone who "runs the clbu like a business" to go with it, still moaning.

Haven;t bought it for yonks and don't intend to either.

The mag >>>>> True Faith. By miles.

True Faith seemed to be in their element when talking about FFS, but I seems they don't have a clue about the way things are run now.

As a PLC it was easy to replace the chairman I would have thought - But shifting Ashley would take more than a petition.

aye. Moaned like fuck to get rid of them, and now they got what they want, and someone who "runs the clbu like a business" to go with it, still moaning.

I thought it was established by Adults, was decent for a while and these days it's run by illiterate teenagers with a penchant for 80's music.

I thought it was established by Adults, was decent for a while and these days it's run by illiterate teenagers with a penchant for 80's music.

:huh:

It would take a fucking crane.

I know a few writers for The Mag one in particular who does match day reviews sometimes, 10 years ago the kid didn't have a clue about football. ,ost of the articles are shite and written by people with less football knowledge than some posters on here.

I could pick a team of five off here, including myself and yourself who could produce a more interesting monthly fanzine than them. "Why don't you do it" can't be arsed.

I know a few writers for The Mag one in particular who does match day reviews sometimes, 10 years ago the kid didn't have a clue about football. ,ost of the articles are shite and written by people with less football knowledge than some posters on here.

I could pick a team of five off here, including myself and yourself who could produce a more interesting monthly fanzine than them. "Why don't you do it" can't be arsed.

cheers Stevie, you've never met me though :huh: at least I don't think so

Apart from my own odd article.......I quite like Chris Tait and some of the others, but I thought that the old talkofthetyne was the best, but I was told they went bust because they fell victim to some sort of scam [possibly printing or something] and lost their money.

'Send us your name and season ticket number'

Aye, righto. Would you like my bank account number and sort code while you're at it. :huh:

george.jpg

Ah Good Afternoon Sir...... I am calling from your Football Club

are you the real fink who writes for the programme ? If you are, you know who I am ........

Aye, righto. Would you like my bank account number and sort code while you're at it. :huh:

george.jpg

are you the real fink who writes for the programme ? If you are, you know who I am ........

Nah I'm not. I'm sorry if you fink I am ;-)

Aye, righto. Would you like my bank account number and sort code while you're at it. :razz:

george.jpg

fanks for the reply

:huh:

Aye, righto. Would you like my bank account number and sort code while you're at it. :D

george.jpg

fanks for the reply

:razz:

That doesn't really work mate. :huh:

The Call Up?

Firstly let me apologise for not getting the absolute mountain of e-mails you have sent in online as part of our commitment to provide a platform to you to have your two pennorth via Everybody's Talkin' - we're tring to get on top of that now as well as pull everything in for the letter of no confidence to Ashley.

We're not afraid to put our cock on the block and have an opinion. That's what we've always done - we're a fanzine, man - what do you expect? We're not teletext or the Rothman's Handbook or the dispassionate BBC and nor do we claim any role as super-fans - we're ordinary punters who care about NUFC. That's all.

Okay we're gobshites - never denied it.

So, what do we do now? I'm under no illusions that the letter of no confidence will make not one iota of difference to Ashley, Llambias, Wise etc. They may even snort with derision at the pathetic futility of it all. It just makes us feel a bit better if we're honest.

Frankly, there's a mood abroad for action. Action that will hurt Ashley where he will feel it most - on the bottom line. The difficulty is we know we might have to hurt the thing we love to get at Ashley and his people. That is the dilemma. But it should not leave us hamstrung.

Many of us in the tf bunker are up for being part of an organised struggle to hit Ashley where he will feel it but we have no mandate to lead it and we'll need the support of others to help us, preferably from those who do similar things to us.

It just wouldn't be right for one of NUFC's supporters arms to go it alone while others may be sniped from the side-lines or just treated it as another news item to be covered. The last thing we need now is petty division and back-biting. We know who the enemy is and it isn't fellow punters.

This has to be a collective movement of action attracting key people and which establishes a consensus and an agreed course of action that we all commit to and put our shoulder behind with the support behind us. Unity Is Strength - where have I heard that before?

We're waiting to be contacted to move this on but we refuse to assume a leadership role we have no mandate to take that on and we would be extremely reluctant to run over open ground without any cover from our B&W comrades.

We're waiting to be contacted - editor@true-faith.co.uk

Some of the stuff that springs to mind;

A call for an absolute and total boycott of all NUFC merchandise including football shirts, programmes, magazines, food and drink.

The en-masse cancellation of direct debits paying for next season's season tickets.

Canvassing corporate customers to withdraw their sponsorship from NUFC.

Protests inside SJP on match-day.

Flash Mobs in NUFC shops and Sports Direct outlets across the NE.

Organised picketing of Ashley stores across the NE.

If the worst came to the worst (could it get any worse?) back to the tactics of the McKeag era and the United Supporters For Change era when matches were boycotted.

And of course just fucking off the whole shambles on Barrack Road and forming our own supporters club a la the Mancs with their FC United of Manchester lark. Who knows? I never thought I'd see the day. Is this treachery? Or are we simply just at the end of our tether.

All of these are possibilities - I'm not proposing any of them but this is what we might need to talk about and this is what we'll have to decide has the support of Mags currently pissed off at how our club is being shat on.

One thing is for certain we don't want to go to that game at SJP next week as if nothing has happened and sit there like a pack of sackless twats. We do want to be a part of something.

We're waiting.

Keep On, Keepin' On ...

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.ns...14?OpenDocument

cheers Stevie, you've never met me though :o at least I don't think so

Apart from my own odd article.......I quite like Chris Tait and some of the others, but I thought that the old talkofthetyne was the best, but I was told they went bust because they fell victim to some sort of scam [possibly printing or something] and lost their money.

The Mag's been shite, since Walker Dan stopped appearing.