Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sun

GUS POYET is on the brink of becoming Newcastle boss.

Owner Mike Ashley made his move last night as Spurs No 2 Poyet met Toon officials in London.

He is seen as the perfect man to replace Kevin Keegan thanks to his brilliant relationship with Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez.

Poyet was Wise’s assistant when he was boss at Leeds and Swindon and also played alongside the Toon director of football at Chelsea.

Poyet, 40, is also close with vice-president Jimenez who played a controversial role in the departure of Keegan.

Spurs boss Juande Ramos will try everything he can to keep Poyet, who has been his No 2 for 11 months.

Gianfranco Zola, another Wise pal, remains in the frame however — even though he will be offered the West Ham job today.

For how dead I feel inside about the whole sorry situation, we could have Pol Pot and Adolf Hitler in the dugout as long as we were successful.

Right manager will appease fans

By Paul Dixon on Sep 9, 08 08:00 AM in Fans

THERE are some pretty pointless 'sports' at the Olympics already, including the one where teenage waifs run around a gymnastics mat waving pieces of toilet paper, but I think I've found another one.

The 2012 Games should include a discipline where competitors shoot bullets at a large replica of their own foot.

Just pick any of the hierarchy at NUFC to represent us and the gold is in the bag.

If Mike Ashley wants to adopt a continental management structure, then fine, but it's no use having such a structure and filling it with the wrong people. It is like reforming Led Zeppelin and putting Robbie Williams in as lead singer.

Ashley was hardly steeped in football lore before he took the club over, but even he must have known that if you hire Keegan you just give him the keys and let him get on with it. Whether Keegan was naive, skint and desperate, or too trusting when he took the job, we'll probably never know.

Maybe Ashley brought him in under false promises, and hoped to call his bluff when he started appointing his mates (ringing any bells here), given his reputation for knocking jobs on the head early.

Ashley had his doubters when he took over. I wasn't one of them. I'm prepared to give anyone a chance, and quite frankly, after the previous nightmare administration, I'd have welcomed Monty Burns from The Simpsons as long as he brought his chequebook.

The new man will have to be a very strong, respected individual along the lines of Houllier or Hiddink, that's even if they'd touch the job with a barge pole. If we get someone who can prove his worth, then this week's events will gradually dissipate over time.

We'll see. The board haven't covered themselves in glory, preferring to either release bland, very dubious statements (unsigned) on the club site or, even more shamefully, leaking rubbish to favoured journalists.

How contemptible, you won't even face your detractors. You aren't fit to breathe our air, never mind represent our city.

Well, one thing is for sure, there'll be no more 'filling the bar' in ropey Newcastle night clubs - and there'll definitely be a couple more tickets available to away supporters.

Not in my eyes, I don't care who comes in. Still, I see this happening as people give in to apathy, Ashley will win eventually and the country will be proven right that Newcastle Utd fans will take any amount of rubbish and be thankful for it. Pathetic.

I'll not be happy until Mike Ashley relinquishes ownership of the club... he can appoint whoever the fuck he likes (Keegan included), it's not going to appease me until he is gone..

The Sun

GUS POYET is on the brink of becoming Newcastle boss.

Owner Mike Ashley made his move last night as Spurs No 2 Poyet met Toon officials in London.

He is seen as the perfect man to replace Kevin Keegan thanks to his brilliant relationship with Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez.

Poyet was Wise’s assistant when he was boss at Leeds and Swindon and also played alongside the Toon director of football at Chelsea.

Poyet, 40, is also close with vice-president Jimenez who played a controversial role in the departure of Keegan.

Spurs boss Juande Ramos will try everything he can to keep Poyet, who has been his No 2 for 11 months.

Gianfranco Zola, another Wise pal, remains in the frame however — even though he will be offered the West Ham job today.

I love how our recruitment policy is NOT - who is best for the job.

But rather - whomever the fuck can possible work under Wise....... yeah I can see that working out so very well. :lol::woosh:

I'll not be happy until Mike Ashley relinquishes ownership of the club... he can appoint whoever the fuck he likes (Keegan included), it's not going to appease me until he is gone..

I think as the week passes though fans following that mind set are becoming less and less, I'm with you though mate.

I have to admit that my heart sank when I heard about Poyet being on the brink of getting the job. Yet another of Wise's mates - thus strengthening his position within the club (not to mention more involvement with team affairs).

However, whoever gets the job, the results on the pitch is what matters so Poyet will get my support as long as the team play well and win matches (that's if he does get the job).

I have to admit that my heart sank when I heard about Poyet being on the brink of getting the job. Yet another of Wise's mates - thus strengthening his position within the club (not to mention more involvement with team affairs).

However, whoever gets the job, the results on the pitch is what matters so Poyet will get my support as long as the team play well and win matches (that's if he does get the job).

I see what you're saying and I agree to support the team (away from the ground) but anyone coming in is going to be agreeing to be part of the Ashley regime and in my eyes part of the problem. I can't support any part of the managerial setup while Fat Cunt's running the show. Anyone seen supporting the team is going to be seen by the media as supporting Ashley or at the very least accepting the club as it stands.

For how dead I feel inside about the whole sorry situation, we could have Pol Pot and Adolf Hitler in the dugout as long as we were successful.

Who reports to who though?

(I agree)

Who reports to who though?

(I agree)

Can you see Wise taking a back seat to Hitler? :lol:

I see what you're saying and I agree to support the team (away from the ground) but anyone coming in is going to be agreeing to be part of the Ashley regime and in my eyes part of the problem. I can't support any part of the managerial setup while Fat Cunt's running the show. Anyone seen supporting the team is going to be seen by the media as supporting Ashley or at the very least accepting the club as it stands.

This is what I have a bit of a problem with: the argument about the set up at NUFC. How do we know, for certain, what the set up is and what involvement the manager has with bringing players in?? All we have is Keegan walking out in a huff. Now this could be because he took a hissy fit at not being allowed to buy Henry. If that's the case then who's wrong, Keegan or the set up ???

Who's to say that the set up is wrong?? The only proof will be in the results and the abilities of the players brought in. I haven't been able to see any of the new boys but all I have read from this message board is that they look pretty good. If that's the case then the set up is working, yes???

If the set up proves to be working well, then NUFC will move forward without going into mega debt - surely a win win situation.

As I've said before, the problem I see with this set up is that good signings will be poached by the more affluent clubs, meaning NUFC will remain mid-table for evermore.

My problem with the hierarchy at sjp is Wise; always has been, always will be.

You see i'll support the eleven players on the pitch but I'd class Poyet in the same 'circle' as the rest of them.

This isn't a football 'club' any more.

THERE are some pretty pointless 'sports' at the Olympics already, including the one where teenage waifs run around a gymnastics mat waving pieces of toilet paper, but I think I've found another one.

The 2012 Games should include a discipline where competitors shoot bullets at a large replica of their own foot.

Just pick any of the hierarchy at NUFC to represent us and the gold is in the bag.

If Mike Ashley wants to adopt a continental management structure, then fine, but it's no use having such a structure and filling it with the wrong people. It is like reforming Led Zeppelin and putting Robbie Williams in as lead singer.

Ashley was hardly steeped in football lore before he took the club over, but even he must have known that if you hire Keegan you just give him the keys and let him get on with it. Whether Keegan was naive, skint and desperate, or too trusting when he took the job, we'll probably never know.

Maybe Ashley brought him in under false promises, and hoped to call his bluff when he started appointing his mates (ringing any bells here), given his reputation for knocking jobs on the head early.

Ashley had his doubters when he took over. I wasn't one of them. I'm prepared to give anyone a chance, and quite frankly, after the previous nightmare administration, I'd have welcomed Monty Burns from The Simpsons as long as he brought his chequebook.

The new man will have to be a very strong, respected individual along the lines of Houllier or Hiddink, that's even if they'd touch the job with a barge pole. If we get someone who can prove his worth, then this week's events will gradually dissipate over time.

We'll see. The board haven't covered themselves in glory, preferring to either release bland, very dubious statements (unsigned) on the club site or, even more shamefully, leaking rubbish to favoured journalists.

How contemptible, you won't even face your detractors. You aren't fit to breathe our air, never mind represent our city.

Well, one thing is for sure, there'll be no more 'filling the bar' in ropey Newcastle night clubs - and there'll definitely be a couple more tickets available to away supporters.

Not in my eyes, I don't care who comes in. Still, I see this happening as people give in to apathy, Ashley will win eventually and the country will be proven right that Newcastle Utd fans will take any amount of rubbish and be thankful for it. Pathetic.

No offence but outside of posting on a message board and intimating that everyone else is going to give in to the current regime, what exactly are you doing in your battle against Ashley.

This is what I have a bit of a problem with: the argument about the set up at NUFC. How do we know, for certain, what the set up is and what involvement the manager has with bringing players in?? All we have is Keegan walking out in a huff. Now this could be because he took a hissy fit at not being allowed to buy Henry. If that's the case then who's wrong, Keegan or the set up ???

Who's to say that the set up is wrong?? The only proof will be in the results and the abilities of the players brought in. I haven't been able to see any of the new boys but all I have read from this message board is that they look pretty good. If that's the case then the set up is working, yes???

If the set up proves to be working well, then NUFC will move forward without going into mega debt - surely a win win situation.

As I've said before, the problem I see with this set up is that good signings will be poached by the more affluent clubs, meaning NUFC will remain mid-table for evermore.

My problem with the hierarchy at sjp is Wise; always has been, always will be.

That's all fair enough bud, thing is from what I've seen (without going in to quotes) the club has lied on several occasions recently and I'm less inclined to believe them than I am Keegan. Besides which with Keegan onboard there was a genuine feeling of excitement and that we were all in this together, even the players were seemingly loving it again. There's less evidence towards Keegan throwing a hissy fit for not being allowed to bring in players like Henry than there is for Ashley and Wise fucking things up - I won't be happy until the Fat Cunt's out the door.

No offence but outside of posting on a message board and intimating that everyone else is going to give in to the current regime, what exactly are you doing in your battle against Ashley.

Hehe, I knew someone would ask that. I myself won't be attending any future matches, won't buy any merchandise, won't renew subs linked to the club (ie SkySports and the net radio service), anything that will give money to the club. Sadly I'm not near enough to protest outside the club otherwise I'd be busy with that for match day. Other than that I'm trying to convince people where I am that Ashley's screwed us over and it's not just Keegan bottling it.

... I know, I'm not a season ticket holder (thankfully as things stand) and I'll likely get shot down for it but I have managed to get to a few games in recent years, it doesn't hurt me trying to encourage people does it? :lol: