What action?

Happy Face

What action?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ashley's not gonna be there though.

Away on "business".

That's no reason to get a pint, pie, program, Geordie Jackpot, third strip etc.

Bare minimum as far as I'm concerned. Ticket and nowt else.

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Away on "business".

Yep, maybe leaflets should be given out to people on their way to SJP to get the full message around

Away on "business".

Yep, maybe leaflets should be given out to people on their way to SJP to get the full message around

Well, I reckon Im going down this route.

I will go to the Hull game and support the team

I will not spend a single penny while Im in there.

I'll arrive at kick-off from the pub and leave right away while sitting in my seat at HT.

I doubt it matters whether Ashley is at the ground or not. The press coverage of the protests will be overwhelming anyway. There might be a few tayties looking to invade the pitch/get themselves arrested but hopefully the majority will go along with a legitimate and effective one.

Refusing to buy extras at the game has to be the bare minimum. The concern is how much of the protest will have upon the team. If a complete blanket boycott to enter the stadium was observed and people were to stand outside of the ground and protest then I would imagine the whole situation would have nothing buy a negative effect.

I doubt it matters whether Ashley is at the ground or not. The press coverage of the protests will be overwhelming anyway. There might be a few tayties looking to invade the pitch/get themselves arrested but hopefully the majority will go along with a legitimate and effective one.

Refusing to buy extras at the game has to be the bare minimum. The concern is how much of the protest will have upon the team. If a complete blanket boycott to enter the stadium was observed and people were to stand outside of the ground and protest then I would imagine the whole situation would have nothing buy a negative effect.

To be honest I don't think we'd notice the difference in the team if there was a negative effect or not, I should think they'll be pretty much all over the place anyways with not having Kev there and there being plenty of other shit going on internally. At least a one game boycott to the actual entering of the stadium would be best served against a poxy team like Hull, plus with it being the immediate game after this whole sorry saga it'd give Fat Cunt something to think about instead of thinking he can just do what he wants.

I always arrive 5 minutes late and buy fuck all so I'm well practised in this protesting malarkey.

:o

Well aye, anyone who's daft enough to pay full whack for a "pint" of vaguely alcoholic SJP pisswater has been kidding themselves for the past 10 years anyway.

I HAVE TAKEN GARY AND COODJ’S IDEAS ABOUT WEARING ORANGE OR RED T-SHIRTS OVER THE BLACK N WHITE STRIPES FOR THE MATCH AGAINST HULL. A SEA OF 50,000+ ORANGE GEORDIES.. NICE VISUAL PROTEST!

I HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH THE CHRONICLE WHO WILL DO AN ARTICLE ON MONDAY ON THIS IDEA AND ASK FOR LOCAL SUPPORT FROM BUSINESS. ALSO CENTURY AND METRO RADIO ARE GOING TO INTERVIEW ME REGARDING THIS PLAN.

I NEED TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ALL THE OTHER NUFC FANSITES AS WELL AS NEED A TEAM OF 10 OR SO PEOPLE IN THE AREA WHO CAN HELP GET THINGS ORGANISED.

WE WILL ASK FOR A 1 POUND DONATION OUTSIDE THE GROUND FOR EACH SHIRT TO GIVE TO THE BOBBY ROBSON CHARITY. THIS IDEA IS REALLY GATHERING PACE AND SUPPORT FROM THE MEDIA… NOW I NEED YOU LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON.. WE/I NEED YOUR SUPPORT AS WELL AS THE PLAYERS.

CHEERS

geordiedingo@hotmail.com

I HAVE TAKEN GARY AND COODJ’S IDEAS ABOUT WEARING ORANGE OR RED T-SHIRTS OVER THE BLACK N WHITE STRIPES FOR THE MATCH AGAINST HULL. A SEA OF 50,000+ ORANGE GEORDIES.. NICE VISUAL PROTEST!

I HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH THE CHRONICLE WHO WILL DO AN ARTICLE ON MONDAY ON THIS IDEA AND ASK FOR LOCAL SUPPORT FROM BUSINESS. ALSO CENTURY AND METRO RADIO ARE GOING TO INTERVIEW ME REGARDING THIS PLAN.

I NEED TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ALL THE OTHER NUFC FANSITES AS WELL AS NEED A TEAM OF 10 OR SO PEOPLE IN THE AREA WHO CAN HELP GET THINGS ORGANISED.

WE WILL ASK FOR A 1 POUND DONATION OUTSIDE THE GROUND FOR EACH SHIRT TO GIVE TO THE BOBBY ROBSON CHARITY. THIS IDEA IS REALLY GATHERING PACE AND SUPPORT FROM THE MEDIA… NOW I NEED YOU LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS

geordiedingo@hotmail.com

Sports Direct, the retail chain owned by once-reclusive billionaire Mike Ashley, warned this morning that consumer spending will decline over the next six months.

The company, which has suffered from the England football team's woes, said this morning that following the key Christmas period it still expected to meet City expectations for pre-tax profits.

But in a trading statement that was typically light on detail, chief executive Dave Forsey struck a downbeat note about the company's prospects in the first half of 2008.

"We expect the retail trading environment in the UK to become increasingly difficult over the next six months," said Forsey.

Sports Direct said that it made gross sales of £280m between October 29 and January 13, generating gross profits of £126m - a margin of 45%.

It did not issue comparable figures for previous years, but Nick Bubb, analyst at Pali International, said the trading statement was disappointing and predicted that like-for-like sales had fallen by a fifth during the period.

"There is no profit warning on the face of it, but the 45% gross margin for the period is below expectations, and the bar has been set very low in terms of beating £138m EBITDA as our current forecast is £157m," Bubb said.

Profits down 51% but...

or the year to 27 April, Sports Direct delivered underlying pre-tax profits down 51.1 per cent to £85m. The retailer's group sales fell by 6.5 per cent to £1.26bn.

Still made 85m profit, not enough for a couple of decent players though eh... :o

CHEERS

geordiedingo@hotmail.com

What a terrible hotchpotch of ideas.

CHEERS

geordiedingo@hotmail.com

Means well.

CHEERS

geordiedingo@hotmail.com

Means well.

I'd like to hope so, anyway. Still though.