Shearer

Moor

I'm sorry although i love Shearer i really think his appointment would be yet again an A to b appointment for Ashley. I do believe Shearer would like it because he could if Ashley doesn't back him in January say "hey i can't work like this" too I fear

“When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it.”

The main offenders will stay away.

They'll appoint someone and we'll support them because that's what we do (unless perhaps it is Wise or Poyet).

Time will go on and the bitter contempt will turn to underlying distaste, like Shepherd lived with.

Don't want Shearer but even if I did, I wouldn't want him coming in working for these arseholes....

They'd break him just like they've done so to Keegan. :huh:

They'll appoint someone and we'll support them because that's what we do (unless perhaps it is Wise or Poyet).

Time will go on and the bitter contempt will turn to underlying distaste, like Shepherd lived with.

To be fair

Shearer is into damage limitation He is probably in talks as we speak with assurances of autonomy So that will rule him out. Shearer is a careful bloke and will not allow his reputation to be tarnished If he comes on board i would feel uneasy Too many assurances to a very egoitistical character who will always have an excuse ohh am i being too opinionated :huh:

To be fair

Shearer is into damage limitation He is probably in talks as we speak with assurances of autonomy So that will rule him out. Shearer is a careful bloke and will not allow his reputation to be tarnished If he comes on board i would feel uneasy Too many assurances to a very egoitistical character who will always have an excuse ohh am i being too opinionated :huh:

If Shearer works for this lot he's a traitor to the fans.

To be fair

Even if it's a case of "Alan, if you don't do it, Dennis Wise will"

Shearer could make the ultimate sacrifice. Fall on his sword and save us all from Dennis.

To be fair

Shearer could make the ultimate sacrifice. Fall on his sword and save us all from Dennis.

I wouldn't want Shearer to do it, if Fat Cunt brings Wise in that's up to him but it's his money he's losing more of... not that I think he can do much more to fuck things up.

To be fair

I don't know you (yet) lol so won't be rude but i think Shearer has no loyalty at all I think his last season showed that Not for the good of the team as more the RECORD Shearer is an achiever and although noble achievers step over people. Shearer i admire as a man who gets what he wants. At this moment he is at an axis in his life, direction and choices are paramount and his advisors probably hoped 12 months more for KK He won't go in unless he knows what he is up against I believe Ashley will leave before he comes

Edited by Moor

I don't know you (yet) lol so won't be rude but i think Shearer has no loyalty at all I think his last season showed that Not for the good of the team as more the RECORD Shearer is an achiever and although noble achievers step over people. Shearer i admire as a man who gets what he wants. At this moment he is at an axis in his life, direction and choices are paramount and his advisors probably hoped 12 months more for KK He won't go in unless he knows what he is up against I believe Ashley will see before he comes

wat?

I don't know you (yet) lol so won't be rude but i think Shearer has no loyalty at all I think his last season showed that Not for the good of the team as more the RECORD Shearer is an achiever and although noble achievers step over people. Shearer i admire as a man who gets what he wants. At this moment he is at an axis in his life, direction and choices are paramount and his advisors probably hoped 12 months more for KK He won't go in unless he knows what he is up against I believe Ashley will see before he comes

wat?

OOPs leave before Shearer comes

To be fair

Shearer is into damage limitation He is probably in talks as we speak with assurances of autonomy So that will rule him out. Shearer is a careful bloke and will not allow his reputation to be tarnished If he comes on board i would feel uneasy Too many assurances to a very egoitistical character who will always have an excuse ohh am i being too opinionated :o

I don't know you (yet) lol so won't be rude but i think Shearer has no loyalty at all I think his last season showed that Not for the good of the team as more the RECORD Shearer is an achiever and although noble achievers step over people. Shearer i admire as a man who gets what he wants. At this moment he is at an axis in his life, direction and choices are paramount and his advisors probably hoped 12 months more for KK He won't go in unless he knows what he is up against I believe Ashley will leave before he comes

I don't want Shearer btw

Can't see Shearer taking the role now. Whoever takes over is in for the sternest appraisal ever. There'll be no grace period, the guy will have to be pretty much immune to pressure.

He's living on easy street in the Match of the Day studio, only a proper mentalist would swap that for this job and the impossible position it'd put him in. Oh and we wouldn't want a proper mentalist in charge.

Absolutely no chance.

For a start he'll want total control and his ego won't let him pick up the pieces from the one man who no matter whatever he does will always be more loved on Tyneside than Shearer.

I think Shearer might well have taken the job if Robson had quietly retired and he'd inherited a functional Champions League team.

But we're not a Champions League team and likely never will be again.

We're in a complete fucking mess.

Having seen what has happened to Fat Sam and now Keegan he'll know he's not riding to the rescue so much as trying to revive a plague ridden corpse with people sat behind him sharpening their knives.

Basically Shearer is far far to smart to touch the Newcastle managers job with a barge pole.

Irrespective of whether Shearer could do the job, I think he is a strong character and wont want someone like Dennis Wise casting a shadow over him (does wise even cast a shadow?). I just dont see Shearer talking to the club in its current structure.

Alan Shearer would never take over as boss with the current state of affairs at Newcastle being the Shambles. Plus he would be far too inexperienced, although just like Keegan he is a fan's favourite and would have absolute zero pressure doing the job.

He should stick with MOD at the moment and wait until Ashley and Co have retreated down South and sold the club.