Jamie Carragher

Tooj

When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.

:o

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now starring as Mr. Red in a new production of Reservoir Mongs...

I bet you've had that joke stored up for ages !

Nah. It doesn't even hold water if you think about it too much. So hush please. :o

Now starring as Mr. Red in a new production of Reservoir Mongs...

I bet you've had that joke stored up for ages !

Nah. It doesn't even hold water if you think about it too much. So hush please. :o

It was probably the best opening in months to get in though :(

I heard (from a Scouser who just basically repeats what he's heard on messageboards as presents it as Gospel) that Carragher was shagging Neill's lass at the time.

I heard (from a Scouser who just basically repeats what he's heard on messageboards as presents it as Gospel) that Carragher was shagging Neill's lass at the time.

Was Baros getting some action as well? :o

Wasn't Stevie G's missus supposedly getting some extra curricular activity from the local crime boss? Or did i just make that up? :o

That was the rumour, aye.

He [Rigobert Song] strolled off to his French speaking friends and began talking to them. I could see him pointing towards me while everyone was grinning. It was clear what he was saying and the rage inside me simmered.

Later, Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite

"You're not f***ing laughing now are you, you soft t***?" I said as he hobbled away.

Did I care he had a knock? No way. I don't remember him or anyone else in the squad for that matter trying to take the piss out of my ability again.