Dellusional....apparently!

Craig

Well I thought the anger had passed me by so for the first time since Monday, I dared to listen to Talksport on the way home from work.....

The anger is anything but gone obviously!!

For starters it's that tit Townsend who is doing nothing but sticking up for his mate Wise and claiming we don't like him simply because he comes from the south. Then he's backed up by the clown Mike Parry who claims he can 'relate' to us because we come close to being like his beloved Everton... WTF??

Anyway a succession of idiots ring in and the crux of their comments are that we are dellusional because we believed the return of Keegan was going to be like some magical 'restore' button that took us back to the way we were in 1995-96. Not only that but these two pillocks were largely agreeing with them!!

To me (and maybe I'm wrong) but that is some fantasy opinion formed by the media in an attempt to knock us - further proving that they've no idea what the situation is up here.

How did others on here take the return of KK? My views were this:

Since SBR was given the boot, we've made a succession of crazy management errors of which was that come January 2008 when Allardyce was sacked, the net result was that the stock value of this club was no-where what it had been just 3½ short years earlier.

The problem we had was that we didn't have the core players (or even squad) to attract a decent manager and without the decent manager, we'd never be able to attract the type of players needed to move us forward. It was an awful vicious circle.

Then came KK back into our lives and there was hope. Here was a man who had a love for this club that was unrivalled - he'd put his heart and soul into it no matter what shitty position we were in but what came with him was that he was high profile enough to be able to generate some interest from players that would certainly improve the status. Players who could imagine being part of a revolution that would turn things around and share success with the club - possibly enjoying fans adoration as a result (as Rob Lee did).

I never once thought "Keegan's back, here comes a title bid!". Nope - my thoughts were "Keegan's back, we've got the perfect catalyst to turn this club around and start moving in the right direction again". We knew we had 3½ years of him and we knew in his heart of hearts, that'd be it. He'd be 60 and would retire from the game with us in a better position and a much better foundation of being able to talk about breaking the top 4 once more. But the title? No way!

What fucks me off more than anything with regards Keegan's first era in charge is that the press ALWAYS focus solely on the end of the 95-96 season when we just missed out - 4 months! That's all the period of time they want to talk about. It's all about how he threw away a 12 point lead (which was never ever 12 points of course - 9 points and a game in hand) rather than saying he finished only 4 points behind a Manchester United side that barely dropped a point for half a season! Nor will they focus on the fact he went from being 4 points off Division Three to 4 points off being the Champions of England in only 4 years. Nope - they all like to focus on those 4 months in early 1996. Twats!

Someone asked Parry how he'd have felt if what has happened to Keegan were to have happened to Kendall in his second spell at Everton. He discounted that as incomparable on the grounds that Kendall had been successful in his first reign (i.e. had delivered trophies) but Keegan had not. Get to fuck you short-armed fat scouse cunt! :(

And as for us not accepting people who come from the south, you only have to look at the admiration we've shown the likes of Rob Lee, Les Ferdinand, etc over the years to know that that comment is bollocks. Go back a generation and people felt the same about Supermac. Yet these two numpties will have listeners believe that the only people we've 'worshiped' going back in time is Shearer, Keegan and then Milburn and ALL because they've got Geordie roots. Then they had the audacity to claim that we're making that cockney pygmy a fucking scapegoat!!! Grrrrr :o

They nearly, so nearly had me calling in with this lot but what's the point - i'd have been laughed off as delusional as well.

Keegan is gone forever and that hurts like hell. But it's the mess left behind which hurts me more :sweat:

deluded or not, I thought that with backing he would have got us right up there again too.

Trouble is, they all knew it was possible, and they were shitting themselves.

I was listening too, and the bit that boiled my piss was when some cockerny bellend rang in saying our expectations are too high, WHERE THE FUCK DOES THAT COME FROM ???? I don't see any of our fans as being "divine righters" unlike some fans, and I fail to see how this weeks disaster has anything to do with expectations.

Basically we are walking with an open wound and anybody and everybody feels they can take a shot.

It's times like these everybody suddenly comes out and says that they are a big club - just because of Newcastle's predicament.

Everyone has a go, everyone can do better, everyone hates Geordies, Newcastle fans deserve everything they get.

Mike Ashley is just like all the other Geordies. (despite being from Buckinghamshire)

etc etc

:o I can't listen to Talksport anymore it does nowt but piss me off.

I remember when Nadal beat Murray at Wimbledon Adrian Durham and Ian Wright were on and all they were yapping on about was how Murray was lazy and if he trained as much as Nadal he'd hammer Nadal, later they also branded the Olympics pointless. Total cunts only there to anger people into ringing up.