Sense and Sensibility

snakehips

Went for an operation on Wednesday morning and spent two and a half days trying to digest all the happenings at NUFC and what my emotions actually are.

Keegan had every right to walk out; no question. A manager should have the say is who comes in and who goes out. However, a manager also has the chance to show he can manage a team of players, to prove his ability, whoever those players are. In that respect, Keegan bottled it.

When Keegan came back, the only thing I hoped for was a return to attacking football - anything else would be a bonus. We had been watching shite for far too long and I guess most would agree that going to the match was a chore rather than the 'hit' it should be.

Ashley has every right to run the club the way he wants it to be run. Full credit to the guy for bailing us out from the fuckin' mess we were in. An £80m debt with future moneys already having been spent, NUFC were in a hell of a bad state with the club losing money and players on wages that were just not comparable with their skills. As things stand right now, the club is in the healthiest position it has been in for years and years - all thanks to Ashley. Let's not forget that.

So what is the crux of the problem? Dennis Wise. Maybe the Llambias fellow as well. Ashley has to take responsibility for appointing them. If he had had a better piece of advise he would never have employed Wise as it would have been fairly easy to find out that 99% of Newcastle United supporters hate the man. Maybe if Wise had been more of a man he would have resigned as well. He knows we hate him but he hasn't got the strength of character to do what most normal folk would have done. If Wise had resigned as well I would have been a lot more relaxed about the whole affair.

The worst thing Ashley could do right now is put Wise in charge against Hull. That would be a decision of the highest stupidity. The reason for this is that I don't think the supporters will boycott the game - they want a chance to show the world their true feelings and not be solely represented by the mongs in front of SJP. If Wise is in charge against Hull, the vitriol will be ten times the amount I expect.

The best thing Ashley can do (apart from sell up) is appoint a new manager in time for the Hull game. No matter what the anger is against Ashley, Wise and Llambias, the one thing we can guarantee is that we want the team to thrash Hull City and start as we mean to go on. At the end of the day, the only thing we want is for NUFC to win football matches playing attractive, skillful football. If we put a couple of goals past Hull in the first half, then the support for the team will vastly outweigh any slagging of Ashley, Wise and Llambias (provided we have a new manager).

If Wise is put in charge, then Ashley will be attempting to show us he's a tough guy - a mistake of monumental proportions. No matter how well Wise could do, he will ALWAYS be a minute away from a slagging.

Overall I'm sad that Keegan has gone this way. However, the club is solvent and is now both an attractive proposition and a far easier acqusition than it appeared ten days ago. I expect Ashley to sell up and move on.

NUFC - onward and upward.

It doesn't matter who Fat Cunt brings in to manage the team now they'll still be under his regime and while he's a part of Newcastle United football club every ounce on my hatred will be aimed at him - he doesn't belong here, he's not welcome.

cough cough - he IS the owner

a lot of people hailed his as a messiah onlya couple of weeks back

the answer is easy - 50,000 of us - club is worth say £ 200 million - all we have to do is to cough up £ 4000 each and we own the place.............

the answer is easy - 50,000 of us - club is worth say £ 200 million - all we have to do is to cough up £ 4000 each and we own the place.............

You only need to read some of the posts on the forums to know what a disaster the fans owning the club would be.

As for wise, the bloke has made a career out of being hated. He is based in london so what does he care what we think about him. This will all be water off a duck's back to him.

You only need to read some of the posts on the forums to know what a disaster the fans owning the club would be.

As for wise, the bloke has made a career out of being hated. He is based in london so what does he care what we think about him. This will all be water off a duck's back to him.

I agree, you couldnt put a big club in the hands of 50k fans and expect it to work, firstly proper business decisions would never be made as the heart would rule the head. Secondly if you did that you'd get a dozen city investors fiddling it to take control and then we'd all be fucked.

I generally feel that wise himself will feel hes done no wrong and any hatred aimed at him is misplaced

but lets be honest we are looking for someone to lynch so why not that little cunt!!

**Spelling**

Edited by sandman02uk

I generally feel that wise himself will feel hes done no wrong and any hatred aimed at him is misplaced

but lets be honest we are looking for someone to lynch so why not that little cunt!!

**Spelling**

Don't worry, Wise and cunt are spelled correctly.

**Spelling**

Don't worry, Wise and cunt are spelled correctly.

Ok that tickled me a lot more than it should have :o:(:sweat:

Went for an operation on Wednesday morning and spent two and a half days trying to digest all the happenings at NUFC and what my emotions actually are.

Keegan had every right to walk out; no question. A manager should have the say is who comes in and who goes out. However, a manager also has the chance to show he can manage a team of players, to prove his ability, whoever those players are. In that respect, Keegan bottled it.

When Keegan came back, the only thing I hoped for was a return to attacking football - anything else would be a bonus. We had been watching shite for far too long and I guess most would agree that going to the match was a chore rather than the 'hit' it should be.

Ashley has every right to run the club the way he wants it to be run. Full credit to the guy for bailing us out from the fuckin' mess we were in. An £80m debt with future moneys already having been spent, NUFC were in a hell of a bad state with the club losing money and players on wages that were just not comparable with their skills. As things stand right now, the club is in the healthiest position it has been in for years and years - all thanks to Ashley. Let's not forget that.

So what is the crux of the problem? Dennis Wise. Maybe the Llambias fellow as well. Ashley has to take responsibility for appointing them. If he had had a better piece of advise he would never have employed Wise as it would have been fairly easy to find out that 99% of Newcastle United supporters hate the man. Maybe if Wise had been more of a man he would have resigned as well. He knows we hate him but he hasn't got the strength of character to do what most normal folk would have done. If Wise had resigned as well I would have been a lot more relaxed about the whole affair.

The worst thing Ashley could do right now is put Wise in charge against Hull. That would be a decision of the highest stupidity. The reason for this is that I don't think the supporters will boycott the game - they want a chance to show the world their true feelings and not be solely represented by the mongs in front of SJP. If Wise is in charge against Hull, the vitriol will be ten times the amount I expect.

The best thing Ashley can do (apart from sell up) is appoint a new manager in time for the Hull game. No matter what the anger is against Ashley, Wise and Llambias, the one thing we can guarantee is that we want the team to thrash Hull City and start as we mean to go on. At the end of the day, the only thing we want is for NUFC to win football matches playing attractive, skillful football. If we put a couple of goals past Hull in the first half, then the support for the team will vastly outweigh any slagging of Ashley, Wise and Llambias (provided we have a new manager).

If Wise is put in charge, then Ashley will be attempting to show us he's a tough guy - a mistake of monumental proportions. No matter how well Wise could do, he will ALWAYS be a minute away from a slagging.

Overall I'm sad that Keegan has gone this way. However, the club is solvent and is now both an attractive proposition and a far easier acqusition than it appeared ten days ago. I expect Ashley to sell up and move on.

NUFC - onward and upward.

Clearly on medication. :D