Paypal question please

LeazesMag

its not for me, its for a mate, because I have mine set up differently.

Basically, him and his missus have just bought their first computer/laptop, and they have set up a paypal account.

She has bought something which has arrived, and has paid by paypal but has been asked to pay the money now ?

They have registered a credit card. I've told him they should have the money so don't do anything for now, and they should also have an email from paypal saying the payment has been made.

What I do is put money directly into paypal from a bank account and it is just sitting in there to make instant payments, so I'm not sure what to tell him to do.

sorry Im confused, are you saying that they puchased something using paypal, have received the goods but are now receiving a demand for payment from the seller?

I think thats what he says, he just phoned me earlier and I said don't do anything just yet and look and see if you have had an email from paypal too.

Its the first purchase they have made, the account is now opened because they validated the 2 amounts of money that paypal put into the account.

I got a phishing email from a group purporting to be the National Lottery, saying I'd won an internet sweepstake of £500 odd quid. Much more believable than the £250m bollocks you get from them bloody Nigerian princes.

tell your mate to watch out for the MANY phishing emails that look as if there from ebay and paypal.

maybe its one of these hes received??

Some of those are getting pretty clever these days, not just the old superficially spoofed link/address crap.

I've used eBay a fair few times and usually the seller only sends the item once the buyer has paid the desired amount through paypal or credit card etc...

Could be one of those emails.....

• 5 months later...