Shay says we're in Turmoil

The Fish

Given - Toon in turmoil

Goalkeeper voices concern; Milner sympathetic of Keegan

By James Dall Last updated: 7th September 2008

Shay Given

Newcastle United goalkeeper Shay Given has admitted the club are currently in 'turmoil'.

Former manager Kevin Keegan's shock resignation this week has seen owner Mike Ashley come in for strong criticism.

Given has played for the Magpies for 11 years and admits the St James' Park outfit must quickly get back on track.

He told Sky Sports News: "Yes [i was surprised]. He's a great manager and a great bloke. He will definitely be missed at the club by the players and the fans.

"It was a bit of a shock. It is not for me to say what should happen at the hierarchy at the football club.

"We all want the club to move forward and I am hopeful we will do that.

"We would like to get the club back on track and get going in the right direction. But it is in turmoil at the minute."

Milner

Meanwhile, James Milner, who left Newcastle in the summer for Aston Villa, is sympathetic of Keegan's exit on Tyneside.

He said in the Sunday Mirror: "What is going on now at Newcastle showed what was going on behind the scenes at the club.

"Obviously I am delighted to be a Villa player now. I have massive sympathy for KK and the fans.

"He was a fantastic manager to work with, even though it was a short space of time. I can't say a bad word about him."

Looks like you have without needing to speak mate. :D

I feel sorry for players like Given who has stayed with the club through all this shite. Hes been very loyal to the club when he could of easily fucked off to somewhere like Arsenal.

Why would Arsenal buy him?

He was also very loyal that time he put in a transfer request.

Trapattoni was saying the other day how an Italian side should come in for him.

aye heard that said he was every bit as as good as buffon..

doesn't do us any favours

It's bollocks though. Nowt against Given like, he'd probably do really well in Italy. Loves the NE though apparently.