This Boycott Thing

wykikitoon

It'll probably just result in us spending even less in coming transfer windows and the club blaming it on poor financial performance.

Sadly this is exactly how I can see it playing out.

Yep, I can see that too.

As I've said in another thread - the club has people over a barrel. In some respects the club has us all (ST's and non-ST holders) alike over a barrel, because whatever we do will hurt the club and it's sustainability in the long run. I honestly believe the likelyhood of MA ditching this football lark and returning to London are remote at best. He has too much money to lose and you don't get to be a billionaire by losing money in business ventures.

I guess my biggest hope is that we somehow come out better for all of this. Whether or not we ever forgive and forget is an entirely different matter. The most important thing is the club though; and for the foreseeable future that club includes MA and his bunch of cronies.

Before someone pulls me up for being apathetic - I'm not; I'm just staring at reality at the minute. :lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to shoot MA.

Just read this:

The New Year has brought yet more chaos for my beloved LUFC. Dennis Wise was interviewed by police Wednesday after an incident in which he chased a thirteen year old delinquent who had thrown stones at his posh ride.

At least he picked on someone his own size

Can I ask who on here who has a ticket is intending to boycott? I doubted there would be many and assumed it would more likely be the clowns who we saw knocking back cider for camera's who would go for this but it appears that there are a few who I would consider to be intelligent posters on here who seem to be up for it.

I will add that while I'm not going to waste my ticket I don't see a senario at the moment that would see me getting a ticket for any cup games for the near future.

I've got a season ticket but still haven't made up my mind if I'm not boycotting or not.

Like I have said before - the fat fuck has got my money for this year so he ain't bothered if I turn up or not.

If I don't go it shows them that people, even through they have spent their hard earned cash on a ticket, are making a stand against the owners etc of the club.

If I do go then I will be able to voice my opinion to Morepies and Wise to be heard by the press and possibly even a sound bite on MOTD.

Whatever I decide they can all whistle if they think they are getting anymore money from me.

Everytime I think about it I feel sick - not because KK has left but by the shambles that is left and the manner in which our club is being ran.

Would it be viewed as cynical for the club to announce the new manager late Friday, or early Saturday, in an attempt to dampen the ardour (ooer matron) of the anti board activists??

No, although I think they'll struggle to find someone by then. It says something when (if it's true) you won't leave the assistant manager's post at Spurs to become the manager here and work alongside your mate.

Four ST holders in our family and all four are boycotting on Saturday.

It's not about the money from our point of view, although it hurts, we want the image of at least an emptier stadium to be publicised, add all the demos and other forms of boycott it just might have an impact.

I agree the Spurs match will be the real test but just let's see how many fans do mean what they say. Maybe it will all fade away and there will be no real boycott etc and we will hit the press for the wrong reasons yet again.

Lots of shouting about nowt and no real action by the NUFC supporters.

I think the visual impact etc. of a boycott on Saturday will be important but it'll only work if it also carries on into games where there are larger financial implications, i.e. cup games.

It's a very big dilemma for fans though because it's also turning your back on the players and the club and it could also be damaging to the team's fortunes.

It's not about the money from our point of view, although it hurts, we want the image of at least an emptier stadium to be publicised, add all the demos and other forms of boycott it just might have an impact.

I agree the Spurs match will be the real test but just let's see how many fans do mean what they say. Maybe it will all fade away and there will be no real boycott etc and we will hit the press for the wrong reasons yet again.

Still not sure what I'm doing, I'm protesting but not sure how. I think I will go in late but I have a feeling once i'm in pre match mode I will just stay on the piss. I want to voice my opinion I want to shout at some twat.

As a non ST holder I'm up for attack in the fact that it's easy for me to say this or that, however I believe a boycott of the Hull game will give the wrong impression to Ashley, Wise, the media and the football world, for this reason: a boycott will only be observed by a certain percentage of fans, giving a completely false impression of the feelings of the fans, whereas a normal attendance with a sustained verbal demonstration of the fans' feelings will give a more accurate picture.

The match to boycott is the Spurs game.

Still not sure what I'm doing, I'm protesting but not sure how. I think I will go in late but I have a feeling once i'm in pre match mode I will just stay on the piss. I want to voice my opinion I want to shout at some twat.

Don't shower/bathe for a month.

Don't shower/bathe for a month.

I'm 2 month in credit ;)

I've given this some thought over the week. I've went from Horror to Sadness to Anger and now I think I'm at Apathy and approaching resentment and acceptance.

I honestly think I'm doing the thing the club know fine well alot of people will do. Not want to disrupt the playing team, want to get behind the team, and when a new manager does come in, who's fault none of this is, get behind him as well.

This is different though, despite this and the emotion I've gone through it is different. This isn't about Keegan, I think this is the fear that the reason Ashley wants to buy young and spot unknown talent isnt because he wants to build the club it a force shrewdly, but because he aims to develop players and sell them on for a tidy profit, making us as its been said into a feeder club, all the while throwing us the odd pint to keep us quiet. Hopeing that we'll sink back into our chairs with resigned acceptance. Mid table mediocrity for years to come. Some teams would of course be happy with that.

So what to do? I really am torn, but in the short term, it will be that he gets not a penny more from me. Nothing. I have played my role as a mug for paying out on three years up front so I'll now buy no merchandise, drinks, food or anything until I know what the way forward is. Thats another thing thats really pissing me off. They have not ONCE addressed the fans over these issues, the fans that are the heartbeat of the club. Without the fans, the club is dead. Thats as I see them right now. I'll go to the game against Hull, I'll get behind the team. But, it will feel dirty, like I'm seeing a close friend get cheated on and doing nothing about it.

I've given this some thought over the week. I've went from Horror to Sadness to Anger and now I think I'm at Apathy and approaching resentment and acceptance.

I honestly think I'm doing the thing the club know fine well alot of people will do. Not want to disrupt the playing team, want to get behind the team, and when a new manager does come in, who's fault none of this is, get behind him as well.

This is different though, despite this and the emotion I've gone through it is different. This isn't about Keegan, I think this is the fear that the reason Ashley wants to buy young and spot unknown talent isnt because he wants to build the club it a force shrewdly, but because he aims to develop players and sell them on for a tidy profit, making us as its been said into a feeder club, all the while throwing us the odd pint to keep us quiet. Hopeing that we'll sink back into our chairs with resigned acceptance. Mid table mediocrity for years to come. Some teams would of course be happy with that.

So what to do? I really am torn, but in the short term, it will be that he gets not a penny more from me. Nothing. I have played my role as a mug for paying out on three years up front so I'll now buy no merchandise, drinks, food or anything until I know what the way forward is. Thats another thing thats really pissing me off. They have not ONCE addressed the fans over these issues, the fans that are the heartbeat of the club. Without the fans, the club is dead. Thats as I see them right now. I'll go to the game against Hull, I'll get behind the team. But, it will feel dirty, like I'm seeing a close friend get cheated on and doing nothing about it.

Mr Strongbow will dictate my actions. I have had visions of me going to the ground to watch the match (making vocal protest) someone trying to stop me going in or calling me names for going in and I will take my frustration anger out on them.

Mr Strongbow will dictate my actions. I have had visions of me going to the ground to watch the match (making vocal protest) someone trying to stop me going in or calling me names for going in and I will take my frustration anger out on them.
;)

Someone said to me recently that he thinks alot of the fans are on the brink and it wont take alot for things to get ugly. While its easy for us to say we are behind the team now, I agree that when things go pear shaped, like if we loose a game or have a shite game, I can imagine the fans turning pretty quickly.

Someone said to me recently that he thinks alot of the fans are on the brink and it wont take alot for things to get ugly. While its easy for us to say we are behind the team now, I agree that when things go pear shaped, like if we loose a game or have a shite game, I can imagine the fans turning pretty quickly.

No chance of me turning quickly ;)

Aye, that's a good point like. I think a lot of fans are on the brink of not renewing as well. Some have already baulked at the price increases and I don't think that many will have taken the 3 year option (for a variety of reasons). If Ashley is still around in 12 months times / next summer I can see ST sales being really down unless there are dramatic signs of improvement.

The credit crunch at St James' Park looks set to bite hard, with the Newcastle business community shunning a host of corporate sponsorship deals to hit owner Mike Ashley where it hurts.

After fans launched the 'No more Geordie cash for Ashley' campaign, encouraging fans to boycott club merchandise, bars and Ashley's Sports Direct Direct stores, businesses on Tyneside are refusing to buy matchday ventures at the troubled Tyneside club.

Geordie businesses are unlikely to want to be associated with the current regime at St James' Park, giving match and programme sponsorship a wide berth, as well as executive box sponsorship.

With Newcastle charging £7,500 to sponsor a match, to date eight Premier League clashes remain unsold.

Twelve executive boxes - charged at £50,000 apiece - remain empty for the season, and Ashley will have to dig deep into his personal reserves to make up for the shortfall.

Meanwhile, United are also searching programme sponsorship, charged at £2,500 per match, as well as match day kit sponsorship (£3,250) and match ball sponsors at £2,500 a pop, say the Daily Mirror.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...b.html?ITO=1490

If the club income declines won't Ashley just reduce the transfer kitty further to make up his losses? I know people are angry but it just seems to me this boycott militancy is not going to do the football team any favours. Protesting about having a fucked up club is in danger of becoming a self-fulfilled prophesy.