This Boycott Thing

wykikitoon

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mike ashley just spoke on SSN all he said was "no comment its a sports direct day" how much of a joke is that its a fucking sports direct day

He had a reasonably rough ride there too.

we might win a cup

;)

One Mike Ashley

One Mike Ashley

Walking along

Singing a song

Walking in an Ashley wonderland.

:panic:

There's only one Mike Ashley,

One Mike Ashley,

One spiv Ash

Taking your cash

Walking in a Cashley wonderland

There's only one Mike Ashley,

One Mike Ashley,

He won't back the Boss

Which made us all cross

And brass was used for coins in Roman Britain

mike ashley just spoke on SSN all he said was "no comment its a sports direct day" how much of a joke is that its a fucking sports direct day

he has the voice of someone you pity....very high voice

It's funny how you get that quite often with really fat bastards.

yeah i know what you mean

yeah i know what you mean

How much money can he possibly make like that though? If that's all he's interested in surely there are far easier and better ways for him to do it.

I don't know what his plan was/is but you can't make much by asset striping a football club.

Look how much the Halls and FFS made and they were paying out big wages and transfer fees.

TV money is going through the roof, internet money will probably dwarf it soon.IF they get enough owners to agree to stop a collective deal for the premier league and for each team to sell its own rights it will go up even more

Hes got people buying season tickets three seasons in advance, every player isavailable at a price and he is scouring Europe for cheap talent to sell on at a profit.

Sounds like a tasty erarner old son.

The Hall's FFS argument doesn't really compare though as they bought the club when it was at its lowest ebb (after years of a board doing exactly what you are saying Ashley is doing) and therefor cheap. They floated it when the PLC craze was in full flow and made shit loads then. At the time the club was in a faw worse state than we are seeing now and they realised that all that was needed was a bit of reasonable investment and they could make a fortune on the back of the 'sucess' that the investment brought.

Ashely doesn't have that oppertunity now that it's already been done.

The TV money argument only stands up if we stay in the premiership and he doesn't alienate the customers. He's already failed in the second part of this and if he goes along the path you believe he will fail in the first part too.

I just don't see it as a sustainable way to make money out of a football club.

I dont know the figures for the Halls and Shepherd and how much they were earning from the club for the last few years, and tbh I havent got time to go looking. I take your point about buying the club at a low ebb. I still think they were making a fairly good packet year on year, but I may be wrong.

I think that he plans to do enough to keep us in the Premiership, but on a budget that wont harm his bottom line. I dont think he is thick and the team he has put in place does seem have unearthed some talent. I think though that selling players at a profit whilst staying in the Prem is the aim.

If he can get a steady stream of young foreign talent coming in who can acheive mid table placings and generate a profit after a couple of years he will be more than happy.

As for alienating the customers I think he is banking on the combination of loyalty blind optimism and apathy that we can already see overcoming any short term anger. HE obviously doesnt care what anybody thinks about him personally, revels in it possibly.

A team with a production line of young talent, too good to go down but without the serious investment to break into the top 4, with a huge fiercely loyal high spending fanbase. loads of media generated income. I think that is a hell of a way to make a lot of money.

I'm sure the Halls/FFS still took a fair bit from us in the last few leaner years but this was probably financed by the fat man mortgaging the club to the hilt to pay for transfers.

With regards to Ashley, if he won't/is unable to splash out the sort of cash that will allow us to comepete for the title, all we can hope for is to use what we have over the rest of the also rans (a bigger support/global name) and that he will allow us to spend what net income we can make on transfers to go as high as we can. We have to accept that any club that's not amongst the top four is going to have to be a selling club, because the way player power is now if one of those clubs comes calling the player will make sure they move.

This is the best scenario I can see happening (very much what is happening with Spurs) and tbh is what I hope is his plans for us if he hangs around because I'm convinced he will never be an Abramovic type owner.

The other side is what you're suggesting and that he's only here to make more money and will leave us with the bare minimum to ensure our premiership status and therefore his income.

I may be just be being overly optimistic (if you can call it that with such low expectations) but despite a good potential revenue stream from TV, I just don't see it being an amount of money that's worth his while with all of the hassle that it brings (especially with such an initial outlay).

We are certainly following the Spurs model in acting disgracefully to the manager, Spurs treatment of Jol was appalling.

I just dont see any scenario where Ashley will run the club in a way other than to make a profit. He isnt in it for the glory of winning trophies or for public acclaim. His lack of personal investment and handling of the Keegan business shows this. Ashley could have easily resolved the situation if he desired. I think Keegan beleived to the bitter end he would step in, I also think Keegan would have swallowed working for the system had it brought in the players he seemed to beleive he was getting.

He has bought the club for a reason and if you look at his business history it shows the same pattern, maximise profit and bugger what anybody else thinks.

His history, events so far, the people he has put in place all point firmly in the same direction, and isnt pretty. I will concede that I dont think we are likely to be the new Leeds, he will protect his investment, having said that I think we could easily struggle this season, the squad is frighteningly small and I worry about anybody getting as much out of the squad as KK would've.

Absolute best case scenario is we might win a cup, but even then we will have to get used to seeing the best players flogged off at any sign of a decent profit.

The only good I can see is we will be profitable and streamlined enough to make an enticing target for takeover.

I agree this is the best case senario.