Worth a read

Guest alex

Ashley will piss himself laughing if the ground is half empty and hes got your money in his pocket. If you want to send a message, dont go to any cup games and dont renew next year. The only message you send by not attending games you've already paid for is that you haven't thought this through properly.

The real message comes when we play spurs in the cup. Thats when the fans can deprive him of the best part of a million in revenue in one night. That will be a significant proportion of the club's profit for the current year gone in one night (assuming we are profit making at all). Not attending games you have already paid for can be ignored - he already knows he's hated.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good read, however I think the autor is confusing this bit
Ashley told us Wise’s role was to bring in six players for the academy, called Keegan ‘manager’ not ‘coach’, and said incoming players had to be players ‘he wants’. No legalspeak is going to get around these blatant contradictions in my eyes. They changed the rules. I’ve read they’re going to sue Keegan: the whole thing absolutely stinks to high heaven.
with actual quotes, and not some made-up e-mail.

Anybody know our net spend?

It's confused by some of the fees being undisclosed / tbc I think (Gutierrez for example).

I reckon it will be a nominal fee after he bought out his contract, but even if you add the widely quoted number of 7-9m, our net spend was still only around 10m.

I think that this article is spot on, me, my son, and brother-in-law have ST and all paid up for the next 3 seasons. We decided to boycott when all this blew up. I've posted regularly on other MB and I do not intend to change my view. An emptier than normal stadium should send MA the real message and it will be newsworthy material. A near to normal stadium will send a message back through the media and we will be branded as nothing more than a bunch of fickle fans that just accepts anything that is served up.

I don't think Fickle is the word.

I think that this article is spot on, me, my son, and brother-in-law have ST and all paid up for the next 3 seasons. We decided to boycott when all this blew up. I've posted regularly on other MB and I do not intend to change my view. An emptier than normal stadium should send MA the real message and it will be newsworthy material. A near to normal stadium will send a message back through the media and we will be branded as nothing more than a bunch of fickle fans that just accepts anything that is served up.

I don't think Fickle is the word.

Bit more Travis Bickle is what's needed. :lol:

Ashley will piss himself laughing if the ground is half empty and hes got your money in his pocket. If you want to send a message, dont go to any cup games and dont renew next year. The only message you send by not attending games you've already paid for is that you haven't thought this through properly.

The real message comes when we play spurs in the cup. Thats when the fans can deprive him of the best part of a million in revenue in one night. That will be a significant proportion of the club's profit for the current year gone in one night (assuming we are profit making at all). Not attending games you have already paid for can be ignored - he already knows he's hated.

Quite agree...

That's the night where we'll find out if people are serious or not.

Quite agree...

I've already paid for that ticket too though.

:lol:

This is the way I see it.

Nothing gained in staying away if you have already bought your season ticket - Stay and let them hear you voice on the subject.

If you haven't bought a season ticket then by all means boycott all the games.

The right message to the Fat Fuck would come against Spuds in the cup with everyone staying at home.

Best article I've read to date and it's absolutely bang on. It's in the hands of the ST holders to show solidarity, so come january when all the best players fuck off and the club is on a steady decline I wouldn't expect any sympathy in any shape or form from anywhere.

Boycotting is the only way.

I find that offensive if I'm honest.

People who haven't spent any money, telling people who've spent a fuck load of their hard-earned cash, not to turn up. Easier to boycott something when you've nowt to lose.

Boycotting the match won't hit him in the pocket, so why do it? Why not some other symbolic protest which will achieve the same end - publicity.

It's all well and good all these first time posters and non season ticket holders saying others should boycott.

It's no decision when you don't go to games anyway.

Bit harsh really...

I'm not a season ticket holder so there's no action I can take from that point of view. I won't however be buying one-off tickets for the forseeable future. I do appreciate that it's a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation for those who have STs

But even the ST holders can make a positive message in the Carling Cup..

Quite agree...

:woosh:

Giving the good people of south shields a bad name. :lol:

Quite agree...

Giving the good people of south shields a bad name. :lol:

Quite agree...

Ebay?

This is the way I see it.

Nothing gained in staying away if you have already bought your season ticket - Stay and let them hear you voice on the subject.

If you haven't bought a season ticket then by all means boycott all the games.

The right message to the Fat Fuck would come against Spuds in the cup with everyone staying at home.

Spurs might win then though.

Quite agree...

Ebay?

What would be the point in that?

It's all well and good all these first time posters and non season ticket holders saying others should boycott.

It's no decision when you don't go to games anyway.

Bit harsh really...

I'm not a season ticket holder so there's no action I can take from that point of view. I won't however be buying one-off tickets for the forseeable future. I do appreciate that it's a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation for those who have STs

But even the ST holders can make a positive message in the Carling Cup..

Boycotting Merchandise/restaurants/bars/tours/raffles is an impact EVERYONE can have and it will cost Ashley millions.

Best article I've read to date and it's absolutely bang on. It's in the hands of the ST holders to show solidarity, so come january when all the best players fuck off and the club is on a steady decline I wouldn't expect any sympathy in any shape or form from anywhere.

People who haven't spent any money, telling people who've spent a fuck load of their hard-earned cash, not to turn up. Easier to boycott something when you've nowt to lose.

Boycotting the match won't hit him in the pocket, so why do it? Why not some other symbolic protest which will achieve the same end - publicity.

Didn't mean to come across offensive mate but there was no other way of putting it.

I know people have shelled out a few quid but I can honestly say, hand on heart, I wouldn't go, at least for a couple of games and if I still felt the same I'd then look to get rid of my ticket all together or, per game.

P.S Happy Face, if MA doesn't fuck off I'm going to hold you personally responsible you sand dancing cunt.

:lol: bet you thought it was Stevie there.

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Quite agree...

Ebay?

What would be the point in that?

Well it would get your money back for one thing. Was being facetious when I wrote it but forgot the wink....

Shame this all happened after the Spurs tickets went on sale - would have been very interesting to see the turnout.

Didn't mean to come across offensive mate but there was no other way of putting it.

I know people have shelled out a few quid but I can honestly say, hand on heart, I wouldn't go, at least for a couple of games and if I still felt the same I'd then look to get rid of my ticket all together or, per game.

P.S Happy Face, if MA doesn't fuck off I'm going to hold you personally responsible you sand dancing cunt.

:lol: bet you thought it was Stevie there.

Didn't take it personally offensively just find it hard to swallow having people telling what I should do with the ticket I've worked for and paid for.

I know you say you wouldn't go but I genuinely don't think it's that easy to make that decision - and I don't think it would make any difference people not going. It's a symbolic gesture, that's all. And there's other symbolic gestures which could have the same impact.

It's voicing disapproval if nothing else. Better than doing nowt. I haven't decided if I'm going on Saturday like. I might just stop in the Trent.

Aye same here. I'll see what's happening on the day.

I agree with the article but in practice, those that have paid for their ST up front are held over a barrel. I hasten to add, I'm not one of them but looking at both sides I can't see the majority of pre-paid fans voting with their feet. It's far too much money to be pissing away.

I've thought long and hard about this whole situation with NUFC and not posted about it for days now.

Personally I'm yoyoing between viewpoints.

On one hand I feel that MA and his crew have lied to us and KK. I think KK stuck it out because even though he was upset with what was going on, I genuinely believe that he believed they were going to do as was promised during the transfer window. I think the late transfers probably finished him off and he realised just how much he was being lied too and things were never going to be the way he was promised they would be. If he can't control what team he is going to have for the next 5 months, then how can he plan the strategy for that team. How can he build upon something if pieces of that jigsaw are being taken away from him with no warning and different shaped pieces are being added? We can never build on a solid foundation, if the foundation isn't because big holes have been introduced.

At the other end of the scale, it's been plain from the offset that (rightly or wrongly) the current structure is the way MA intends to run the club. KK was never the man to fit into that structure. Now, lots of other coaches/managers are. If we employ just such a man and the pieces all fit together, the club should prosper and we should all be happy.

The phrase goes - you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette. The biggest point the current administration have missed is that KK is not just any old egg. It's like breaking a Faberge in the eyes of NUFC fans and not one that would be stomached easily (setting aside the fact that as a club this is not the first time we have shit on one of our own).

I can see reasons for a manager not having carte-blanch over the incomings and outgoings of the team - there is so much money to be made & lost in this game that it is a tall responsibility for someone who is unlikely to have the required acumen; but surely for this to work the board needs to work with the manager to bring players in and out and not do it without any involvement of the manager. Telling the manager on day after transfer day "right, these are the players we've given you - go make a world beating team out of them" is not going to work. Businessmen understand money, managers understand players and football.

One of the many things we dont know is whether or not KK was originally supposed to be part of (or was part of) such a decision making process, but chose to try and force his own way when he didn't get his own way.

Where does this leave us for the future - I honestly don't know. I'm still yoyoing between these two views and various points in between. What I do know is that I had a trip planned later this year to take Mrs Paws to SJP as it's not somethin we do together very often (once so far). I have the baby sitters organised and I'd planned to go the whole nine yards and make it a slap-up day at SJP. I don't think I will be doing that now given the current circumstances. Whilst it's not the same as boycotting the whole season of a ST, it's what I can do. I also have no plans fur any further home and away games until a make my mind up.

One of the downsides to all of this is that the team suffers further - and this whole affair is not their fault. Does that mean I might go to games myself this season - like I say, i don't know.

Edited by maggiespaws

I hovering between the stay or go, I too have paid for my ST and committed to a further two years. I think in all honesty though that this game should not be a boycott, this is the one chance we really have to vocally show what we think. Maybe we go along to this game, make our voices heard and then plan a proper boycott if its needed.

One thing I think I will do however is cancel my 2 year subscription and pay them the extra 50quid for this year. If they dont accept it then I'll just cancel the direct debit and they can fight me for it.