Worth a read

Guest alex

I should also add - I'm defo boycotting merchandise, anythin to do with th eclub and MA's companies. Thats a given. Shame though as I'd planned to buy Master Paws his first proper shirt for his 1st birthday. :lol:

Does it matter though if you buy the shirt from elsewhere? for instance Dixon Sports I aussme, have already purchased x thousand of them so you buying one from them will not make a difference? Or are we saying that boycotting the purchase altogether will also force his hand from other retailers?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should also add - I'm defo boycotting merchandise, anythin to do with th eclub and MA's companies. Thats a given. Shame though as I'd planned to buy Master Paws his first proper shirt for his 1st birthday. :lol:

Does it matter though if you buy the shirt from elsewhere? for instance Dixon Sports I aussme, have already purchased x thousand of them so you buying one from them will not make a difference? Or are we saying that boycotting the purchase altogether will also force his hand from other retailers?

Or try nabbing one through an online auction :woosh:

Or try nabbing one through an online auction :woosh:

As I understand it, doesn't the club still get a % from the shirts sold through other outlets anyway? After all they have to buy them from somewhere and licensing would dictate that NUFC get their cut.

So yes, I would say it does matter if you buy the shirt from elsewhere.

If someone can prove me wrong on that I'll be a bit happier.

Good read

If the fans boycotted a few games and not went into the ground they would shit it. The players do need our support but if they are loyal to the badge they will understand.

This is the problem. They're not. None of them.

They're there to pick up a wage. Each and everyone will be as committed or not at which ever club signed them. I don't think there's a top flight professional arriving at or enjoying the peak of their career who is dyed in the wool for their club.

I'm sure if Chelsea fell from grace, Terry, Lampard et al would jump ship to secure their wage and the best football. Would Gerrard definitely stay with Liverpool if they failed to qualify for Europe and looked in our state? Would he shite.

I think youre right in some respects and wrong in others. I think people like Shay, Taylor, Harper, Butt (yes even him) and some of the others will see that its the board etc and if we boycott 3-4 matches they will play on and understand what the fans feel.

If it was to go on longer and MA was telling them due to fall in attendances etc youll have to get paid less etc then you may see some effect?

Good read

If the fans boycotted a few games and not went into the ground they would shit it. The players do need our support but if they are loyal to the badge they will understand.

This is the problem. They're not. None of them.

They're there to pick up a wage. Each and everyone will be as committed or not at which ever club signed them. I don't think there's a top flight professional arriving at or enjoying the peak of their career who is dyed in the wool for their club.

I'm sure if Chelsea fell from grace, Terry, Lampard et al would jump ship to secure their wage and the best football. Would Gerrard definitely stay with Liverpool if they failed to qualify for Europe and looked in our state? Would he shite.

I think youre right in some respects and wrong in others. I think people like Shay, Taylor, Harper, Butt (yes even him) and some of the others will see that its the board etc and if we boycott 3-4 matches they will play on and understand what the fans feel.

If it was to go on longer and MA was telling them due to fall in attendances etc youll have to get paid less etc then you may see some effect?

With regards to Given, Harper and Butt, I'd say that even if they were playing for Birmingham, they'd be committed to the fans because that's the kind of player they are. Regardless of their employers they're "football men" to use a recently popularised phrase.

I have no problem with people who want to boycott the game on Saturday - that's fine.

Personally, I'll be there because I want to show my support for the team, and also because the crowd will undoubtedly be making their feelings clear and I want to as well. Aside from that, he's already got my money, so I'll be the one losing out.

Spurs in the cup might be a different story, because he hasn't already got my money. I'm still thinking about whether to boycott that or not, because again there's the matter of a team to support.

By all accounts, team morale is low with what has happened, so we should be there to support them. Let them know that we're against Ashley, Wise, Llambias et al but that we're still fully behind them, because out of everyone, it's the supporters and the players who suffer the most in all of this.

Like, I say, I have no problem if people -season ticket holders or otherwise - feel that they have to boycott this and/or other games. There are two very good sides to the argument, and ultimately it just comes down to a personal choice of how to go about it.

I'm still seething at the whole thing and absolutely sickened by Ashley/the Board's conduct and blatant lies and contradictions. I'm sure the vast majority of us present on Saturday will make our feelings and disgust very clear.

eh i dont understand people saying if you have paid you should go?

Ive paid for 3 years and im not going, depends how much you value your money i suppose the money orientated people will still go regardless. The ive paid for it, so i'll have it attittude.

Aye regardless of where you get it from, the club gets some revenue. So just don't buy one at all.

I would have thought though that these shirts were purchased wholesale from Adidas who will have already paid their chunk to the club. At the same time, dont buy shirts at all, retailers buy less from Adidas, Adidas get pissed off, Ashley owns a stake in Adidas it all helps.

Fuck me on that little note 2J is going to be in a right pickle!!!!!!!!

Ive paid for 3 years and im not going, depends how much you value your money i suppose the money orientated people will still go regardless. The ive paid for it, so i'll have it attittude.

and what do you propose to do instead? shopping in town?

I'm not arsed about the money. The point is that you not going at the weekend achieves nothing. He knows you don't like him and don't want him around whether you go or not. By not attending you don't "hit him where it hurts" cos he couldn't give a fuck - he's not even going himself! Whether you're there or not makes no odds other than in your own head, so if you've paid for your ticket, you may as well be there.

and what do you propose to do instead? shopping in town?

go out on the drink? you can always shop in thats what your into like peasepud

Im not going to have a shit for the rest of the week and go at the game, use a whole roll of bog roll and hopefully block the bog causing untold hassle. That'll teach the fuckers :lol:

Thats the spirit.

MVB rang me to say he's going to write 'ashley is a shit' in shit on the toilet walls with his bare hands

Im not going to have a shit for the rest of the week and go at the game, use a whole roll of bog roll and hopefully block the bog causing untold hassle. That'll teach the fuckers :lol:

Thats the spirit.

MVB rang me to say he's going to write 'ashley is a shit' in shit on the toilet walls with his bare hands

The mans generosity knows no bounds. Diamond.

You could always go to the Spurs match, get behind the demoralised players, help them win the match and maybe even lead us eventually on to the trophy and a place in Europe...

Are you going like?

You could always go to the Spurs match, get behind the demoralised players, help them win the match and maybe even lead us eventually on to the trophy and a place in Europe...

While you sit at home in Lincoln watching it on the telly?

Lets think beyond one or two games for a moment.

Let's say there's a widespread boycott of the Hull game. 10,000 in. Horrific for those left in there, dispiriting for the players and shows the club falling apart (which admittedly is partly the message a boycott is trying to put across). Without a bit of fire at home games, why would our better players hang around? It's not for the European nights, the high-flying league performances or the much vaunted 'London effect' which seems to obsess so many players these days. The fans, and decent wedge, is why they are here. So they players will be pretty dispirited, performances will suffer and the media will enjoy the cycle we perpetuate.

And maybe Ashley will sell. In comes Anbami or whoever, sorts everything out and it's happy days (he won't be bringing back Keegan that's for sure- not once he's seen who happens should he leave).

But what if Ashley stays put? He thinks he can get a better offer in the summer and heads to Bermuda with his attache. So we boycott Blackburn game too? Where does it end? At what point do we limp back, tail between legs, incapable of resisting and knowing the team are struggling in such untenable conditions. Failure. Ridicule.

However unpalatable this may seem, Ashley has locked in your cash and if big names want to leave in January he can whack the wage bill right down. In his mind the best option would be to spend the minimum possible to stay up- have a tiny squad and go to some Sheikh- there you go, this club is a blank canvas, rich with cash which he sells for tidy sum.

Maybe no-one wants to buy it. Maybe we keep stamping our feet, arguing amongst ourselves until the club is reduced to rubble.

Mike Ashley can afford to lose £250m and still live like a king.

Can we afford to lose the club?

People have not realised that however strong our indignance, it is likely to be met with indifference. You can piss into the wind as hard as you like, it won't make a difference.

I can't afford to, no. Isn't really about me anyway.

Exactly. It's fuck all to do with you so keep your thoughts to yourself.

Why are you acting as if I'm attacking you?

In my opinion - I am allowed one on here right? - I'm on the side of getting behind the players, as they've done nothing wrong. Boycotting the match will send a clear message to the regime that people aren't happy so I can understand it in a way but on the other hand we've still got matches to win and cup competitions to progress in. It's not as if other actions won't already be taken outside of the game so I'm just not sure about the whole boycotting thing and I know I'm not the only one.

But hey, I'm not going to it either so what fucking right have I got to have an opinion?

In my opinion - I am allowed one on here right? - I'm on the side of getting behind the players, as they've done nothing wrong. Boycotting the match will send a clear message to the regime that people aren't happy so I can understand it in a way but on the other hand we've still got matches to win and cup competitions to progress in. It's not as if other actions won't already be taken outside of the game so I'm just not sure about the whole boycotting thing and I know I'm not the only one.

But hey, I'm not going to it either so what fucking right have I got to have an opinion?

Perhaps if you voiced your opinion in a slightly less sarcastic fashion people would listen to what you've got to say. But when you come on and give it the "Or just mayyyybe you could support your team??" routine when you're hundreds of miles from the ground every time they take to the pitch, don't expect anyone to roll out the red carpet and ask for more pearls of wisdom.

Perhaps if you voiced your opinion in a slightly less sarcastic fashion people would listen to what you've got to say. But when you come on and give it the "Or just mayyyybe you could support your team??" routine when you're hundreds of miles from the ground every time they take to the pitch, don't expect anyone to roll out the red carpet and ask for more pearls of wisdom.

Wasn't actually meant to sound sarcastic, but I can see why you and others took it that way.