Northern Ireland V Wales

Howay Man

Thought this game was a cracking advert for football. Probably the best match i have watched this season. Not many world class players on view but the game was end to end and full of attacking football. Also the Northern Ireland fans were terrfic, just a pity st james's wasn't like that.

Dont know about terrific, booing Celtic players and singing Rule Brittannia. A bit too sectarian for my tastes

44008[/snapback]

Aye, they might have went over the top a bit but at least they backed their team. I haven't seen a home british crowd like that for many years.

It seemed as though they had all their singers in one end, behind the goal. Wouldn't mind seeing a singing section at st james's with everyone who wants to sing in one end too create a better atmosphere, but it will never happen

They created an electric atmosphere when they turned England over too. It unusual to hear such a noisey crowd in football these days sadly.

Cracking game, some good first time finishing on show. I often wish our players would 'have a dig' instead of trying to find an angle or picking out a pass and losing the initiative.

The underdogs are always noisey, look at FA Cup games when lower league opposition play a PL side. The fact most of their songs belong in the 80's shows how often they go to games. :) I mean 'aaaaah bull-shit ah!' ffs! JESUS WEPT! :)

I thought the game was shite 1st half, so I turned it off. Put it back on and it was 2-2 and the remainder of the game was excellent. Looks like it was indeed a cracking second half.

The underdogs are always noisey, look at FA Cup games when lower league opposition play a PL side. The fact most of their songs belong in the 80's shows how often they go to games.  :) I mean 'aaaaah bull-shit ah!' ffs! JESUS WEPT!  :)

I thought the game was shite 1st half, so I turned it off. Put it back on and it was 2-2 and the remainder of the game was excellent. Looks like it was indeed a cracking second half.

44349[/snapback]

Good game. Not exactly 'one for the purists' but neither was the England match which wasn't anywhere near as entertaining. The fans are a bit stuck in the 80's like :yes