Sign in to follow this  
Ant

Money Interview

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4126077,00.html

Richard Money has played down talk of a dressing room revolt at Newcastle United.

The Magpies academy director, who is in caretaker charge alongside Chris Hughton following Kevin Keegan's departure last week, has insisted there is no discontent among the players.

It is the first time since Keegan's departure that one of the backroom staff has spoken and Money also called on the Newcastle fans to get behind the team ahead of Saturday's match with Hull amid claims there could be mass protests amongst the home faithful.

"I'm convinced that the supporters will be behind the team on Saturday and it is so important that they are," Money told The Journal.

"I think that at the end of the day the supporters love their football club and I am totally comfortable that they will get behind the team on Saturday. This football club needs the supporters and the team to be as one, there is no doubt about that."

No unrest

Money played down talk of unrest amongst the squad, adding: "That has certainly not been the case.

"What we have to remember is that they are professional people - we have got a lot of experienced players and their attitude in training has been absolutely exemplary.

"The players not on international duty have been extremely bright in training over the last few days and their attitude has been nothing short of first class. I can't stress that enough. This is an important game for this football club and we can't afford to lose sight of that.

"With it being international week that gave us the opportunity to keep the players away from it all, which was definitely a good thing.

"But with everything that has gone on we shouldn't forget that a four-point return from the first three games is a creditable return. It is important that we get the right result on Saturday because it's a very important game."

spoken like a man trying to make a name for himself as a manager

I can simply say i don't give a flying fuck what money has to say, especially while the cowardly fuckers are still keeping their heads down upstairs

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4126077,00.html
Richard Money has played down talk of a dressing room revolt at Newcastle United.

The Magpies academy director, who is in caretaker charge alongside Chris Hughton following Kevin Keegan's departure last week, has insisted there is no discontent among the players.

It is the first time since Keegan's departure that one of the backroom staff has spoken and Money also called on the Newcastle fans to get behind the team ahead of Saturday's match with Hull amid claims there could be mass protests amongst the home faithful.

"I'm convinced that the supporters will be behind the team on Saturday and it is so important that they are," Money told The Journal.

"I think that at the end of the day the supporters love their football club and I am totally comfortable that they will get behind the team on Saturday. This football club needs the supporters and the team to be as one, there is no doubt about that."

No unrest

Money played down talk of unrest amongst the squad, adding: "That has certainly not been the case.

"What we have to remember is that they are professional people - we have got a lot of experienced players and their attitude in training has been absolutely exemplary.

"The players not on international duty have been extremely bright in training over the last few days and their attitude has been nothing short of first class. I can't stress that enough. This is an important game for this football club and we can't afford to lose sight of that.

"With it being international week that gave us the opportunity to keep the players away from it all, which was definitely a good thing.

"But with everything that has gone on we shouldn't forget that a four-point return from the first three games is a creditable return. It is important that we get the right result on Saturday because it's a very important game."

spoken like a man trying to make a name for himself as a manager

I can simply say i don't give a flying fuck what money has to say, especially while the cowardly fuckers are still keeping their heads down upstairs

Am I right in thinking he has been a manager before, Wallsall

Am I right in thinking he has been a manager before, Wallsall

yup and somewhere in aussie land

hence why he was so good at it he became a youth academy director ;)

and is now Incharge of a premier league team until further notice

Joy of Joys

Edited by Ant

tbh, I don't what he's said there to deserve such vitriol from you Ant...

Or are you going to volley that level of feeling at anyone who isn't Kevin Keegan? ;)

Or are you going to volley that level of feeling at anyone who isn't Kevin Keegan? ;)

currently pretty much =D

someone no one cares about hearing from has came out with the inane shite clubs always come out with whether there is a problem or not

"it's ok everyones grand, working hard, even smith got a goal in training"

If the club can't be arsed to come out with something of substance currently just keep fcking quiet till they can

although

indeed it should be remembered, as well as the man having to leave who helped orchestrate it

Edited by Ant

Perhaps Ant is unhappy with this money... maybe he feels short changed ;)

Money for nothing....

Guest alex

Agree with Ant about the cowards keeping their heads down though. I have absolutely no axe to grind with this bloke however and I'm sure he's just trying to do the best job he can knowing he's just holding the fort for a while.

Guest alex
Perhaps Ant is unhappy with this money... maybe he feels short changed :panic:

Money for nothing....

At least it's not costing you owt ;)

But with everything that has gone on we shouldn't forget that a four-point return from the first three games is a creditable return.

I think that's as close to an admission that the dreaded K word even exists as you'll hear from club employees this season (at least ones that want to keep in).

Agree with Ant about the cowards keeping their heads down though. I have absolutely no axe to grind with this bloke however and I'm sure he's just trying to do the best job he can knowing he's just holding the fort for a while.

I agree about the 4 dick-heads at the club keeping quiet... but I also agree with the fact that we can't really have an axe to grind with this fella. Someone had to do it....

I agree about the 4 dick-heads at the club keeping quiet... but I also agree with the fact that we can't really have an axe to grind with this fella. Someone had to do it....

aye someone had to but it's a bit infuriating the last thing ya wanna hear about is the only thing your going to hear

don't envy the guy having to goto media ahead of the 4dickheads who haven't uttered a word

Sorry but as a manager Richard Money is more than a couple of quid short.

This is the manager that brought Guy Bates to Newcastle United (Australia) because he thought he was a good striker!

Obviously Ashley is so fucking clueless he can't tell the difference between the third division equivilant "A-League" and the Premier league.

It's a fucking joke and we're not laughing. ;)