March / Protest Details

Craig

Dunno what they expect a march is going to achieve but never-the-less, people are asking the .com boys to promote this....

We've been asked to pass on details of a protest march by boycotting Newcastle supporters and those intending to enter SJP after kickoff on Saturday as follows:

Meet opposite Tilleys Bar on Westgate Road for a 3pm march to SJP (Shearer's). Further details/signup here.

And for those who wish to vent their feelings before kickoff, there promises to be a gathering outside Old Milburn Reception from 2pm.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play for trying to get something organized.

I agree - I'm just trying to wrack my brains what a march is going to achieve in the eyes of the club.. Sure enough the papers may pick up on it but unless it impacts those within the boardroom, i'd say efforts are largely fruitless.

It wouldn't be for me, but good luck to them. It will end up on telly and every little bit of demonstration aimed at the board will add up to something more meaningful.

Are you going on Saturday old man?

It wouldn't be for me, but good luck to them. It will end up on telly and every little bit of demonstration aimed at the board will add up to something more meaningful.

Cannut gan kidda (due to my ailment) and I'm fuckin' devastated. I was considering taking the chance and going but mrs Hips has, quite rightly, told me not to be so fuckin' stupid.

;):panic:

Cannut gan kidda (due to my ailment) and I'm fuckin' devastated. I was considering taking the chance and going but mrs Hips has, quite rightly, told me not to be so fuckin' stupid.

:wank::panic:

I will make sure I get pissed off two pints in your honour. :panic:

Also I will take up your role with a bit of this. ;)

I'm quite surprised snakehips isn't one for all of these protests like. He's a right hooligan. I remember one game in the corner how he nearly sent me flying to the front as I walked past him.

:panic: :panic:

I will make sure I get pissed off two pints in your honour. :panic:

Also I will take up your role with a bit of this. ;)

Good stuff. Keep the chicks on their toes :wank:

I'm quite surprised snakehips isn't one for all of these protests like. He's a right hooligan. I remember one game in the corner how he nearly sent me flying to the front as I walked past him.

You aint seen nothin' tooj. I'm a complete tool when I get going. Jeckyll (sp) and Hyde has nowt on me! I would have gone ballistic against Wise on Sat'dee given the circumstances. Probably had a heart attack in the process.

Great effort this, it's good to see there's people who've forgotten what happened last week already. This international break came at a good time for Fat Cunt. I guess I've become a radical amongst the usual fans for not wanting anything to do with the ground on matchday. ;)

The only thing that will get a rise out of the people that matter (other than a brothel-esq FFS & Feckless Hall "mugs..." and a knowing smile) is something that worries them commercially.

Great effort this, it's good to see there's people who've forgotten what happened last week already. This international break came at a good time for Fat Cunt. I guess I've become a radical amongst the usual fans for not wanting anything to do with the ground on matchday. ;)

Had on. By that statement, I take it you're 'boycoutting' the game? That's up to you. It doesn't mean anyone who is going is less pissed off with the situation than you.

Edited by snakehips

The only thing that will get a rise out of the people that matter (other than a brothel-esq FFS & Feckless Hall "mugs..." and a knowing smile) is something that worries them commercially.

Yes but 10,000 people not buying a pie isn't going to make the headlines. The visual protests will have a bigger long term impact IMO.

Yes but 10,000 people not buying a pie isn't going to make the headlines. The visual protests will have a bigger long term impact IMO.

The worry is that the visual protests will be fifty wet blokes under a soggy misspelled banner, weakly chanting "sack the board". Then the very real anti-Ashley sentiment will be forgotten by the mass media, to be replaced with "Lets laugh at the silly Geordies".

I'd be behind a march if it was an idea that had been undertaken by the fans en masse, but it won't be. Frankly who gives a shit if fifty blokes stand outside the ground, when there's 35,000 inside?

The worry is that the visual protests will be fifty wet blokes under a soggy misspelled banner, weakly chanting "sack the board". Then the very real anti-Ashley sentiment will be forgotten by the mass media, to be replaced with "Lets laugh at the silly Geordies".

I'd be behind a march if it was an idea that had been undertaken by the fans en masse, but it won't be. Frankly who gives a shit if fifty blokes stand outside the ground, when there's 35,000 inside?

And if everyone thinks like that there really will just be about 50 people because the majority of people won't turn up 'in case they're the only one'.

Needs a bit of both. Unfortunately probably the things that will get them quaking are also the things that will effect the team and the fans rep the most.

For example if Ashley turned up to an empty St. James', I'd guarantee Wise and Co would be out the door by next week - not that it would ever happen, but if you see what I mean.

And if everyone thinks like that there really will just be about 50 people because the majority of people won't turn up 'in case they're the only one'.

Oh, no doubt, but this "march" would have been better organised for the Tottenham game, one where you can build impetus, awareness and (of course) support. I believe that if people really got their act together there'd be an impressive show of force from the public, unfortunately there seems to be hundred ideas going off half cocked.