9/11 Day

trophyshy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts from someone who was there on the day:

September 11th was a dark day in the history of the USA. I'm not one to harp on how terrible it must have been for the families and the like - although it certainly was - but in my opinion it's a day that ought to be consigned to the dustbin of history. The people who died should be remembered in a tasteful ceremony, perhaps have radio stations reading the names throughout the day or some such. That's my thoughts on the subject, and that's why it disgusts me how the States have managed to turn one of the worst days in their history into some flag-waving extravaganza.

I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in hearing how much safer we've made the world, or how we have to protect our freedom from those who want to take it from us, how we're a greater nation today, etc. The attacks were a great wrong done against the USA, but they have also proven to be the justification for a great many wrongs done by the USA, and the manner in which this was done was by transforming an infamous day into some kind of jingoist bash. Patriot Day? Don't make me laugh. Why should anyone be more proud to be an American citizen today than any other day? I'd be less proud to be a citizen today, since today is when the wire taps, the deprivation of habeus corpus, the imprisonment of innocents that lasts to the present day, the illegal attacks on other soverign nations, etc. all began - and that's not even mentioning the unwarranted deaths.

Americans don't realise it now, but forty years from now, they'll know how to remember 9/11, just like decades on they now know how to remember Pearl Harbor. Two very similar events that have had two very similar effects, but have two very similar anniversaries.

So yes, I think that most of the stuff in this thread is disrespectful. But I also think the way the States are handling the anniversary is disrespectful. So maybe it's just me.

That's my rant for the day - it is rambling and off topic but there it is nevertheless.

September 11th was a dark day in the history of the USA. I'm not one to harp on how terrible it must have been for the families and the like - although it certainly was - but in my opinion it's a day that ought to be consigned to the dustbin of history. The people who died should be remembered in a tasteful ceremony, perhaps have radio stations reading the names throughout the day or some such. That's my thoughts on the subject, and that's why it disgusts me how the States have managed to turn one of the worst days in their history into some flag-waving extravaganza.

I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in hearing how much safer we've made the world, or how we have to protect our freedom from those who want to take it from us, how we're a greater nation today, etc. The attacks were a great wrong done against the USA, but they have also proven to be the justification for a great many wrongs done by the USA, and the manner in which this was done was by transforming an infamous day into some kind of jingoist bash. Patriot Day? Don't make me laugh. Why should anyone be more proud to be an American citizen today than any other day? I'd be less proud to be a citizen today, since today is when the wire taps, the deprivation of habeus corpus, the imprisonment of innocents that lasts to the present day, the illegal attacks on other soverign nations, etc. all began - and that's not even mentioning the unwarranted deaths.

Americans don't realise it now, but forty years from now, they'll know how to remember 9/11, just like decades on they now know how to remember Pearl Harbor. Two very similar events that have had two very similar effects, but have two very similar anniversaries.

So yes, I think that most of the stuff in this thread is disrespectful. But I also think the way the States are handling the anniversary is disrespectful. So maybe it's just me.

That's my rant for the day - it is rambling and off topic but there it is nevertheless.

and now here's Jim with the sport...

and now here's Jim with the sport...

Allāhu Akbar.

Maybe it is? 200 English died that day. Imagine Liverpool fans outrage if we had a Happy Hillsbrough Day, same thing...

It might be distasteful but I don't think your analogy holds up, it's not the same thing.

Liverpool are a rival team and there is invariably antipathy between sets of fans, posting something like that would be seen in a different light because of this. The Liverpool references to Munich as an example of rivalry at its most despicable.

We are not rivals with America, and there is no long term hatred between the countries and we are not competing with each other (okay you could probably argue this if you could be arsed to) nor scrapping outside eachother's stadiums.

I'm not defending the posting, which I recognise as bad taste, I just think a Happy Hillsborough Day posted on another team's football forum would engender, quite rightly, a far more devisive and inflammatory response.

Maybe it is? 200 English died that day. Imagine Liverpool fans outrage if we had a Happy Hillsbrough Day, same thing...

It might be distasteful but I don't think your analogy holds up, it's not the same thing.

Liverpool are a rival team and there is invariably antipathy between sets of fans, posting something like that would be seen in a different light because of this. The Liverpool references to Munich as an example of rivalry at its most despicable.

We are not rivals with America, and there is no long term hatred between the countries and we are not competing with each other (okay you could probably argue this if you could be arsed to) nor scrapping outside eachother's stadiums.

I'm not defending the posting, which I recognise as bad taste, I just think a Happy Hillsborough Day posted on another team's football forum would engender, quite rightly, a far more devisive and inflammatory response.

Try posting the happy 9/11 pic on the GOPUSA forum.

Couldn't find the terrifying clip I was looking for but this is interesting, Charles Lindbergh's - September 11, 1941 Des Moines Speech

Edited by trophyshy

WTC tragedy was very possibly a small part of the process for the push for the NWO. It will happen, it will either work or kill us all.

Stevie is the new Parky.

Because i'm a reet morbid fucker I downloaded a couple of hours worth of BBC World News taken from that day just to see how the story developed. Very interested to see the Beeb's "Two source" rule in full flow when the second plane hits and the presenter, who you can tell has seen it, doesn't mention it until it's heard on the wires.

WTC tragedy was very possibly a small part of the process for the push for the NWO. It will happen, it will either work or kill us all.

Based on what?

Based on lots of conspiracies and unexplained events, there's many millions with their eyes open, many billions who are in blissful ignorance. People like the Rockefellers and Rupert Murdoch have as much power as almost anyone on earth, realistically the only way all of the people in the world and all of the governments in the world can be controlled is having one world government, getting rid of entities that don't conform. If you think about it, it's the only possible way we'll all be here in 100 years time, that's how they see it from their point of views. 9/11 could have been a small part of the process, civil liberties are eroded away every few years and the population at large barely notice, it could all be part of the grand plan. That film maker Russo is right what he says in various interviews, "it's intimidating to even say that war on etrror is a fraud." Why do you think that is?

Based on what?

Based on lots of conspiracies and unexplained events, there's many millions with their eyes open, many billions who are in blissful ignorance. People like the Rockefellers and Rupert Murdoch have as much power as almost anyone on earth, realistically the only way all of the people in the world and all of the governments in the world can be controlled is having one world government, getting rid of entities that don't conform. If you think about it, it's the only possible way we'll all be here in 100 years time, that's how they see it from their point of views. 9/11 could have been a small part of the process, civil liberties are eroded away every few years and the population at large barely notice, it could all be part of the grand plan. That film maker Russo is right what he says in various interviews, "it's intimidating to even say that war on etrror is a fraud." Why do you think that is?

Class :D