SSN - Keegan talking to Ashley in London now...

Scottish Mag

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got the Gladiator qoute in mine...

Win the crowd and cant remember the rest

1000/1 Keegan turns up tommorow on field for Hull in a mullet, scores the winning goal, turns round to Ashley and says "manager, of a murdered club, buyer of Alan shearer, toon legend, and I will have my revenge"!

A further few notes for Ashley to turn white and look at Dennis Wise (whos never been to the club as a director) and go, "we are so fucked"

Just my current thoughts

Mick over on N-O says the meet was at Freshfields, Fuck me stevies email to mort has worked

Do people actually believe he sent that e-mail?

Do you want my msn password nobhead?

Been gettin texts about this all night, fuckin terrible :wink2: hopes raised one minute, brutally bludgeoned the next. Fuckin cunts. Keegan's probably said look yous have tried to make me look like a cunt in the press, admit publicly you're a bunch of wanks, get rid of Wise and Llambias, give me a modest 30m in the window and I'll come back. That will be the conversation and Ashley's said no, he's dug his own grave now he must lie in it. All out abuse tomorrow, I don't care if it does no good it will make me feel better.

B):panic: 'Doubting Thomas' would have sufficed, but I can live with nobhead. :D :D

Edited by snakehips

Mick over on N-O says the meet was at Freshfields, Fuck me stevies email to mort has worked

Do people actually believe he sent that e-mail?

Do you want my msn password nobhead?

Been gettin texts about this all night, fuckin terrible :wink2: hopes raised one minute, brutally bludgeoned the next. Fuckin cunts. Keegan's probably said look yous have tried to make me look like a cunt in the press, admit publicly you're a bunch of wanks, get rid of Wise and Llambias, give me a modest 30m in the window and I'll come back. That will be the conversation and Ashley's said no, he's dug his own grave now he must lie in it. All out abuse tomorrow, I don't care if it does no good it will make me feel better.

B):panic: 'Doubting Thomas' would have sufficed, but I can live with nobhead. :D :D

Well why question my integrity?

Latest:

Ash hopes dashed

Statement from the League Managers Association, Friday:

"The League Managers Association can confirm that talks to resolve several issues were held today between Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley of Newcastle United Football Club."

“However, the discussion failed to reach a satisfactory conclusion.”

It had been reported by various sources that Ashley and Keegan had held a two-hour meeting in London on Friday evening, with the owner refusing to comment to waiting journalists and Keegan apparently leaving via another exit.

:D

:D

:D @ gladiator quote

I've woke up hungover to the cruel joke that was Keegan might be coming back =(

another hope smashed into the ground

hope shearer's up for match of the day tonight and has a go at Ashley being useless as well

cunt's even ruined my saturday cba watching the fcking match now

Same old, same old?

From a dubious source (the Mirror):

Kevin Keegan not as keen on Newcastle return as Mike Ashley

By Simon Bird 13/09/2008

We've been down this road before. Kevin Keegan recalls with relief the first time he was hauled back from the brink at Newcastle.

It was March 1992 and he had "driven away from St James' Park determined my brief return was over". Just like in the last fortnight, it "wasn't like it said in the brochure".

Keegan recalled: "The telephone shrilled atmy Hampshire home. At the other end of the line was Sir John Hall.

"He came straight to the point, 'There are only two people who can save Newcastle United Football Club. . and we are talking on the phone'."

Mike Ashley found himself in a similar situation last night. Peace talks between Keegan and Ashley were being held. There is goodwill on both sides.

Keegan could end up succeeding himself in the hot-seat at United this weekend if their is to be a successful sequel to last night's discussions.

But reaching any agreement to secure Keegan's return could not be resolved yesterday, although more talks could follow.

Plenty of damage has been done in the eight days since he walked out. He has had his reputation trashed by "sources" at the club, his transfer wish-list ridiculed.

Even with the talks happening, a return would be remarkable.

A £2million compensation battle seemed likely with Keegan suing for constructive dismissal and the club counter-claiming for him walking out.

There is still a chance the only outcome of last night's meeting would be to avoid a bitter court battle, with Keegan unwilling to take the reins again because of the managerial structure in place at Newcastle.

One thing has remained constant in the crazy past fortnight - the fans' support for Keegan has not died down.

If a peace deal is struck, it will be because of their threats of protest which have forced Ashley into an impossible position. It will be a victory for fan-power and Tyneside's love of Keegan.

Fair play to Ashley. He will at least have kept his promise to listen to the supporters' wishes.

Keegan resuming his role is far from guaranteed. Last week he demanded the departure of director of football Dennis Wise and managing director Derek Llambias as the price of a return.

That was dismissed as impossible.

But that all happened with Ashley out of the country and not taking direct charge of the situation.

The club's millionaire owner had publicly pledged Keegan would always have final say on transfers.

There could be a question mark over the future of Wise and Llambias following Keegan's decision to quit, complaining he was unable to do his job properly.

The odds on Keegan returning shortened dramatically, with some bookies refusing to take further bets on him doing so.

Newcastle fans planned a series of protest for today's game with Hull City, including a demonstration outside the directors' entrance and anti-Ashley chants. Unless the club have sorted out the situation with Keegan, that will go ahead.

William Hill were among those who last night closed their book on Keegan's comeback following "a string of bets placed by customers in Glasgow (where Keegan's Soccer Circus business is based), Newcastle and London".

Spokesman Graham Sharpe said: "The bets placed during the day had raised an eyebrow or two, although none of them was for more that £50, but their location was interesting.

"However, following news of the Ashley meeting and not knowing whether this means an interest in coming back or just that they are discussing a settlement, we decided to close the book."

Keegan quit after a row over the management set-up at United.

The former England boss was unhappy he did not have the final say about the comings and goings of players, a claim the club later denied.

Keegan said after resigning: "It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want."

I hold out hopes that more talks can indeed follow. :D

Sky Sports News guilty of mental cruelty to NUFC fans imo. It's like when an ex gets back in touch with you and you think something is going to happen, but it turns out she just wants her cd's back.

Exactly that :thumbup:

Whole thing is a bad break up. Kind of hope KK could come back again, but all know it would be stupid and wouldn't last anyway.

Sky Sports News guilty of mental cruelty to NUFC fans imo. It's like when an ex gets back in touch with you and you think something is going to happen, but it turns out she just wants her cd's back.

Exactly that :thumbup:

Whole thing is a bad break up. Kind of hope KK could come back again, but all know it would be stupid and wouldn't last anyway.

yes but the sex is always fantastic!