BUY ME OUT, SAYS MIKE ASHLEY

Jimbo

MIKE ASHLEY is ready to tell Newcastle fans baying for his blood: Give me £1,000 each and you can run the club yourselves.

There was a massive fans’ protest against the under-siege millionaire Toon boss during yesterday’s disastrous 2-1 home defeat to Hull.

And last night a close friend of Ashley said: “He’s a big boy and won’t go anywhere he’s not wanted. If the fans continue to say ‘stay away’ he could do just that.

“They say there are 400,000 Newcastle fans in the area. If they all put in £1,000 they can buy the club and run it themselves.

““They can have a website and vote for the manager. They can pick the team and choose the players they buy and sell. They can do it all.”

Only managing director Derek Llambias braved the baying Geordie mob for Newcastle's 2-1 home defeat by Hull on Saturday, sitting alone in the directors’ box as the St James’ Park crowd screamed: “Sack the board.”

Ashley, director Dennis Wise and vice-president Tony Jimenez all stayed away on police advice on the day the Toon Army turned on their own.

‘Cockney Mafia Out’ one banner read. It was one of the more savoury ones.

The club’s billionaire benefactor was ridiculed as a “fat greedy b******” and “too fat to wear the shirt” by thousands of protesters outside the main Milburn reception as an ugly, angry mood enveloped the stadium.

Wise was mocked as ‘rat face’ and ‘a dwarf’.

There was even a Wanted poster: Mike ‘Fattyboy’ Ashley and Dennis ‘Ratface’ Wise for crimes against Newcastle United.

The defeat to a Hull side which had been thrashed 5-0 at home by Wigan last week added to the bile and bitterness.

Marlon King scored twice for the visitors, with Xisco grabbing a late consolation for United on his debut.

The “Ashley Out” campaign will have registered with the Sports Direct chief even if he was nowhere near Tyneside.

Ashley is a self-made man and proud of it. He has invested £250million into the Toon and has a five-year plan to turn the club from also-rans to challengers for honours.

But, after scenes unprecedented even among the Geordie hordes, there was a real doubt a to whether he will have the heart to carry on in the face of such abuse and hostility.

An Ashley ally was quick to respond to a dark day on the Tyne. He said: “Mike is determined not to be deflected from his aims for this club.

“He didn’t buy the club on a whim and he won’t want to sell up on a whim either.

“But he clearly has a big decision to make now. Equally, he will feel very frustrated at the way things have developed.

“He truly wants what’s best for Newcastle United and their fans. He has put a proper business plan into place and he believes it is the best way forward for the club.

“But it seems the fans would much rather have a Thaksin Shinawatra figure come in and spend £200-300m on players in the hope of buying some instant success rather than a proper, shrewd businessman who can build a new club with a real prospect of sustained success.

“That’s the route Leeds United followed and look what’s happened to them. They kept splashing the cash on big name signings on big wages and ended up massively in debt.

“Is that really what Newcastle fans want? If they do, why don’t they do something about it?

They can pick the team, they can choose the players they buy and sell.

“They can have it all and they can do it all. I bet you it doesn’t happen. It’s just so much easier to stand on the sidelines and moan and complain and point the finger.

“It was the same a while back at Manchester United when the Glazers took over. The fans were revolting in just the same way. Funny how it’s all gone quiet now United have won the Premier League and Champions League double! That’s how fickle fans are.

“It’s been a bad couple of weeks for the club and for Mike Ashley. But everyone is hoping a few wins will help steady the ship and change the mood.”

Aggravate

The only worry is whether Ashley will have lost faith by then.

However, his no-show yesterday was not his idea. He was keen to face up to his detractors in person but was warned against it.

Our top Newcastle source added: “Mike and the boys were advised not to go so as not to aggravate what was a highly charged situation.

“Police feared if he was there it could incite the protests still further.”

So the lone figure of Llambias was left to represent Ashley and the board. And he did so with a smile on his face, with fans sparing him the torrid time they no doubt had reserved for the club’s owner.

One wag quipped: “Llambias got an easy ride because no one knows who he is — he is faceless and hopeless.

“The club’s a laughing stock, a joke up and down the country.

“And just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse — we lose at home to Hull and have Danny Guthrie sent off into the bargain. It is dismal.”

They say there are 400,000 Newcastle fans in the area. If they all put in £1,000 they can buy the club and run it themselves

a ) Now the fat twat demands 400million for the place!!!!!!

b ) This is clearly a case of "fuck you, you cant afford it you poor Geordie bastards"

However Im nore inclined to believe this is a piece of total and utter garbage cooked up by some lazy pissed hack.

“But it seems the fans would much rather have a Thaksin Shinawatra figure come in and spend £200-300m on players in the hope of buying some instant success rather than a proper, shrewd businessman who can build a new club with a real prospect of sustained success.

“That’s the route Leeds United followed and look what’s happened to them. They kept splashing the cash on big name signings on big wages and ended up massively in debt.

No, we want an owner who isn't a complete fuckwit.

If Mike Ashley has a 5 year plan that will see us win silverware then why are we one year into it, two managers down and have a threadbare squad? It's fucking ridiculous. Stability is what we need and that daft bastard ruins it by putting the Poison Dwarf, Bebop and Rocksteady in charge of transfers and in turn alienating the clubs manager who was starting to put things right. He's a bloody spacker.

For once it isn't about money, it isn't about splashing the cash on a couple of overpaid primadonnas like we would've done under Freddy. It's about doing what's best for the club. I was willing to stick by MA after the transfer window because I honestly thought we'd had trouble attracting players, but KK's departure has opened my eyes as to what is going on at the club nowadays.

What makes the situation even more annoying is the lying to the fans. In his interview with the club magazine Ashley says KK has the final say on deals and Wise is only involved in bringing in the youth team players, skip forward a month or two and the club are releasing statements saying that KK knew he wasn't in charge of the deals when he took the job. Yer kna what Mike, fuck off.

If he thinks he can run and win silverware with this club on a budget then he's mental, unless he's setting his sights on the Johnsons Paint Trophy :thumbup:

Oh, and i'm getting really sick of this patronising tone adopted by the media. I could shrug it off when I thought they were barking up the wrong tree but now it's getting on my cock.

It's our fault - we demand too much don't you know.

5 years of that will see us emulate Leeds - we'll be in the championship at best.

Aye I love that "our source" bit and that it's not the middle-managements fault and that it's somehow the fans fault for not accepting the current ABORTION is part of a cunning 5 year master-plan to win the league on a yearly transfer budget of 13p.

No we DEMAND £200m+ a year..... :thumbup:

Edited by Fop

MIKE ASHLEY is ready to tell Newcastle fans baying for his blood: Give me £1,000 each and you can run the club yourselves.

Wtf does that mean? He's either said it or he hasn't.

And last night a close friend of Ashley said

So basically, they say that a mate of Ashley says Ashley might say something?

Wow, what a story.

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll

I gave the fat twat a grand last month. Can I pick the team?

I love the way Leeds are always used as an example of why throwing money around would be a disaster too.

As if Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool, Villa and that are undoubtedly on a dangerous path to league 1.

They say there are 400,000 Newcastle fans in the area. If they all put in £1,000 they can buy the club and run it themselves

a ) Now the fat twat demands 400million for the place!!!!!!

b ) This is clearly a case of "fuck you, you cant afford it you poor Geordie bastards"

However Im nore inclined to believe this is a piece of total and utter garbage cooked up by some lazy pissed hack.

That's the top and bottom it. A total fabrication.

I reckon both Keegan and Ashley want Newcastle to do well, I think the structure that Ashely wants in place is a modern and progressive structure and I think with different personnel it would have worked. I think Keegan is an honest man with a drive and passion that is so rare in managers these days, I reckon he could have taken the club back to European football if he had been left alone...

I guess it's almost like we were looking for one peg for one hole, we got two pegs and tried to jam em both in.

I don't have the enmity towards Ashley as a lot on here do, as I think he truly believes that his model for success is a good one, he just made some errors of judgement. I don't think I can hate wise for fulfilling his role, and I don't hate Keegan for sticking by his principles.

I just hate the situation my club is in.

I reckon both Keegan and Ashley want Newcastle to do well, I think the structure that Ashely wants in place is a modern and progressive structure and I think with different personnel it would have worked. I think Keegan is an honest man with a drive and passion that is so rare in managers these days, I reckon he could have taken the club back to European football if he had been left alone...

I guess it's almost like we were looking for one peg for one hole, we got two pegs and tried to jam em both in.

I don't have the enmity towards Ashley as a lot on here do, as I think he truly believes that his model for success is a good one, he just made some errors of judgement. I don't think I can hate wise for fulfilling his role, and I don't hate Keegan for sticking by his principles.

That's the thing, I don't for a second think Keegan was going "I want £200m million or I'm going to hold my breath until I'm blue!".

So long as he knew where he stood and wasn't being actively fought against.

But clearly there was at best a massive lack of communication on how much there was to spend and how things were going, at worst deliberate undermining.... however the stuff about selling players out from under him though is just plain inexcusable and seems can only have happened due to deliberate power-plays.

If Mike Ashley has a 5 year plan that will see us win silverware then why are we one year into it, two managers down and have a threadbare squad? It's fucking ridiculous. Stability is what we need and that daft bastard ruins it by putting the Poison Dwarf, Bebop and Rocksteady in charge of transfers and in turn alienating the clubs manager who was starting to put things right. He's a bloody spacker.

For once it isn't about money, it isn't about splashing the cash on a couple of overpaid primadonnas like we would've done under Freddy. It's about doing what's best for the club. I was willing to stick by MA after the transfer window because I honestly thought we'd had trouble attracting players, but KK's departure has opened my eyes as to what is going on at the club nowadays.

What makes the situation even more annoying is the lying to the fans. In his interview with the club magazine Ashley says KK has the final say on deals and Wise is only involved in bringing in the youth team players, skip forward a month or two and the club are releasing statements saying that KK knew he wasn't in charge of the deals when he took the job. Yer kna what Mike, fuck off.

If he thinks he can run and win silverware with this club on a budget then he's mental, unless he's setting his sights on the Johnsons Paint Trophy :thumbup:

Oh, and i'm getting really sick of this patronising tone adopted by the media. I could shrug it off when I thought they were barking up the wrong tree but now it's getting on my cock.

I take it you now accept that these so called "plans" that were much hyped once, are absolute bollocks and its the personnel that count ?

That's the thing, I don't for a second think Keegan was going "I want £200m million or I'm going to hold my breath until I'm blue!".

So long as he knew where he stood and wasn't being actively fought against.

But clearly there was at best a massive lack of communication on how much there was to spend and how things were going, at worst deliberate undermining.... however the stuff about selling players out from under him though is just plain inexcusable and seems can only have happened due to deliberate power-plays.

Aye I don't think for a second that Llambias was given a list of the players that would make you laugh. I reckon the kick off was that Owen, Milner et al were put up for sale and Keegan fought against this.

If these were deliberate power plays, then it's clear we were trying to mate a bull with an ocean liner.

I take it you now accept that these so called "plans" that were much hyped once, are absolute bollocks and its the personnel that count ?

"Plans" do need the right people to work, I agree, but that doesn't mean "no plan" is a good idea either.

I don't have the enmity towards Ashley as a lot on here do, as I think he truly believes that his model for success is a good one, he just made some errors of judgement . I don't think I can hate wise for fulfilling his role, and I don't hate Keegan for sticking by his principles.

don't they all ?

"Plans" do need the right people to work, I agree, but that doesn't mean "no plan" is a good idea either.

I think it should be pretty clear cut by now that you don't qualify for europe as often as we did without having some sort of "plan" ie the most essential part of it being - back your manager and support him as much as possible.

Everybody has "plans"............

I don't have the enmity towards Ashley as a lot on here do, as I think he truly believes that his model for success is a good one, he just made some errors of judgement . I don't think I can hate wise for fulfilling his role, and I don't hate Keegan for sticking by his principles.

don't they all ?

Absolutely, but imo, this is his first real mistake, everything else was fine by me. If it was a simple personality clash, then it's not something he could really foresee.

I really didn't have a problem with my perception of Wise's role, it's appalling that it's fallen apart so badly, so quickly. I suppose if Wise and Keegan had been able to compromise sufficiently we wouldn't be in this mess.

What I'm saying is that I don't want Ashley out, I just want him to get it right... and fast.

don't they all ?

Absolutely, but imo, this is his first real mistake, everything else was fine by me. If it was a simple personality clash, then it's not something he could really foresee.

I really didn't have a problem with my perception of Wise's role, it's appalling that it's fallen apart so badly, so quickly. I suppose if Wise and Keegan had been able to compromise sufficiently we wouldn't be in this mess.

What I'm saying is that I don't want Ashley out, I just want him to get it right... and fast.

I think its just a myth, what sort of "plan" do you mean ? 8th this season, 5th next, 4th the one after that ? This is no different to any other plan by anybody else including ourselves previously.

If you mean the setup of the club, then I personally never agreed with it and sadly its now all been blown to smithereens. So its been a shite plan. No manager worth their salt will take a job where the real power is in the hands of a DOF, and in our particular case just now, the DOF is a useless little cunt with no affinity towards the club and has always been despised by the supporters.

I think its just a myth, what sort of "plan" do you mean ? 8th this season, 5th next, 4th the one after that ? This is no different to any other plan by anybody else including ourselves previously.
Reaching those targets isn't a plan, it's an objective, the manner in which you reach those targets is the plan. Ashley wanted to build on youth, Ashley wanted a better scouting structure (or to put it bluntly, Ashley wanted a scouting structure), Ashley wanted the football club to be run with a business-like model. I agree with most if not all of these plans.

If you mean the setup of the club, then I personally never agreed with it and sadly its now all been blown to smithereens. So its been a shite plan. No manager worth their salt will take a job where the real power is in the hands of a DOF, and in our particular case just now, the DOF is a useless little cunt with no affinity towards the club and has always been despised by the supporters.

I don't think it has been blown to smithereens at all. I agree that the personnel seem to be a problem, but if you're saying it can't work I'd say you were wrong. But that's no surprise is it?

Probably only wants a youth set-up so he can sell any decent players at a profit. Despite his claims he isn't looking to make money out of the club. That's a lie like practically everything else he's said.

Reaching those targets isn't a plan, it's an objective, the manner in which you reach those targets is the plan. Ashley wanted to build on youth, Ashley wanted a better scouting structure (or to put it bluntly, Ashley wanted a scouting structure), Ashley wanted the football club to be run with a business-like model. I agree with most if not all of these plans.

I don't think it has been blown to smithereens at all. I agree that the personnel seem to be a problem, but if you're saying it can't work I'd say you were wrong. But that's no surprise is it?

so you agree that its the personnel that count then ?

That IS what you are saying by the way ........