BUY ME OUT, SAYS MIKE ASHLEY

Jimbo

so you agree that its the personnel that count then ?

That IS what you are saying by the way ........

I think the structure could work, I just think that the personnel have clashed horrendously.

Might be wishful thinking, but I think Ashley getting a lot of stick for other peoples fuck ups...

He did appoint Wise and Llambias though. He's running the show as well. People go on like this is a sideline / hobby for him but he's invested massive amounts of money into the club - quite a high percentage of his personal wealth too iirc.

Probably only wants a youth set-up so he can sell any decent players at a profit. Despite his claims he isn't looking to make money out of the club. That's a lie like practically everything else he's said.

at the moment it seems a fair bet that becoming a feeder club to make a profit was very much part of the "plan"

Might be wishful thinking, but I think Ashley getting a lot of stick for other peoples fuck ups...

He did appoint Wise and Llambias though. He's running the show as well. People go on like this is a sideline / hobby for him but he's invested massive amounts of money into the club - quite a high percentage of his personal wealth too iirc.

Aye I do think he's fucked up with those people, and I understand that the buck stops with him. But I don't think I'm ready to right him off as an owner just yet.

Probably only wants a youth set-up so he can sell any decent players at a profit. Despite his claims he isn't looking to make money out of the club. That's a lie like practically everything else he's said.

at the moment it seems a fair bet that becoming a feeder club to make a profit was very much part of the "plan"

If the likes of Guitierrez and Collocini continue to hit it off they'll be available if the top 4 come looking as well.

I think the structure could work, I just think that the personnel have clashed horrendously.

only if the manager has complete control and you keep your best players, including the young ones, rather than look to make a profit from it.

All you are saying is setting up an improved scouting system and there is nothing wrong with that, providing the above criteria is met

only if the manager has complete control and you keep your best players, including the young ones, rather than look to make a profit from it.

All you are saying is setting up an improved scouting system and there is nothing wrong with that, providing the above criteria is met

Aye but I don't think Ashley put those players up for sale, I think he was given duff advice by Wise. I'm all for getting rid of Wise by the way and I'd be happy to keep that role open (the one that Ashley initially suggested, not the role that has become apparent) for someone else.

So, for me, the axe should be hovering over Wise and Llambias, not Ashley.

Aye I do think he's fucked up with those people, and I understand that the buck stops with him. But I don't think I'm ready to right him off as an owner just yet.

I already have to be honest. I admit that's my heart as much as my head doing the talking though. But I just don't believe anything he/the club says now. The plan that's meant to be in place is alright, but I just see it as yet more propaganda. He told KK he had as much money as he wanted when he arrived as well. That's what I heard. The same person who that info came from knew Keegan was coming and even the length of his contract about 24 hours before it was announced though. Fucking 8 months later I'm supposed to believe there was always a plan to build slowly from youth etc. without spending much. The fat cunt cannit even lie straight in bed iyam.

Aye but I don't think Ashley put those players up for sale, I think he was given duff advice by Wise. I'm all for getting rid of Wise by the way and I'd be happy to keep that role open (the one that Ashley initially suggested, not the role that has become apparent) for someone else.

I think Wise is the problem as well. Is there even the slightest indication Wise is going anywhere? That tells you whose side Ashley is on imo.

I think Wise is the problem as well. Is there even the slightest indication Wise is going anywhere? That tells you whose side Ashley is on imo.

I'm concerned that Wise is on a big pay out if he's sacked, and that (more than anything else) is keeping him in the job.

I'm concerned that Wise is on a big pay out if he's sacked, and that (more than anything else) is keeping him in the job.

Bad sign if Ashley is willing to sacrifice arguably the club's best asset over a few million quid. I don't think that is the case btw. Especially when he didn't have a problem with getting rid of XXL Sam.

you are still getting back to the same point, which is that the manager should have ultimate and absolute control. So the system didn't work. And Ashley is the person who has refused to change this system, hence Keegan leaving and the breakdown of talks again on Friday.

Keegan was the manager, we are pretty much all happy that he can lead us to success, so he is the man who lays out his "plan", which include the appointment of his own scouts and coaching staff.

What about writing him off? :thumbup:

That's the thing, I don't for a second think Keegan was going "I want £200m million or I'm going to hold my breath until I'm blue!".

So long as he knew where he stood and wasn't being actively fought against.

But clearly there was at best a massive lack of communication on how much there was to spend and how things were going, at worst deliberate undermining.... however the stuff about selling players out from under him though is just plain inexcusable and seems can only have happened due to deliberate power-plays.

Aye I don't think for a second that Llambias was given a list of the players that would make you laugh. I reckon the kick off was that Owen, Milner et al were put up for sale and Keegan fought against this.

If these were deliberate power plays, then it's clear we were trying to mate a bull with an ocean liner.

Like the QE Moo ??

I'll get me coat :thumbup:

you are still getting back to the same point, which is that the manager should have ultimate and absolute control. So the system didn't work. And Ashley is the person who has refused to change this system, hence Keegan leaving and the breakdown of talks again on Friday.

Keegan was the manager, we are pretty much all happy that he can lead us to success, so he is the man who lays out his "plan", which include the appointment of his own scouts and coaching staff.

No it's not.

read Ashley's statement, that's the model I agree with.

It won't because some fans want the world and they want it now, they don't have patience.

Wise knows where the contracts are buried. :thumbup:

“But it seems the fans would much rather have a Thaksin Shinawatra figure come in and spend £200-300m on players in the hope of buying some instant success rather than a proper, shrewd businessman who can build a new club with a real prospect of sustained success.

“That’s the route Leeds United followed and look what’s happened to them. They kept splashing the cash on big name signings on big wages and ended up massively in debt.

No, we want an owner who isn't a complete fuckwit.

If Mike Ashley has a 5 year plan that will see us win silverware then why are we one year into it, two managers down and have a threadbare squad? It's fucking ridiculous. Stability is what we need and that daft bastard ruins it by putting the Poison Dwarf, Bebop and Rocksteady in charge of transfers and in turn alienating the clubs manager who was starting to put things right. He's a bloody spacker.

For once it isn't about money, it isn't about splashing the cash on a couple of overpaid primadonnas like we would've done under Freddy. It's about doing what's best for the club. I was willing to stick by MA after the transfer window because I honestly thought we'd had trouble attracting players, but KK's departure has opened my eyes as to what is going on at the club nowadays.

What makes the situation even more annoying is the lying to the fans. In his interview with the club magazine Ashley says KK has the final say on deals and Wise is only involved in bringing in the youth team players, skip forward a month or two and the club are releasing statements saying that KK knew he wasn't in charge of the deals when he took the job. Yer kna what Mike, fuck off.

If he thinks he can run and win silverware with this club on a budget then he's mental, unless he's setting his sights on the Johnsons Paint Trophy :thumbup:

Oh, and i'm getting really sick of this patronising tone adopted by the media. I could shrug it off when I thought they were barking up the wrong tree but now it's getting on my cock.

I take it you now accept that these so called "plans" that were much hyped once, are absolute bollocks and its the personnel that count ?

:lol:

I've always been with you on this mate. :D

You're right Leazes you don't need strategy as long as you've got the right men in there... let them run around in fucking circles :thumbup:

It's not an either or situation numbnuts.

No it's not.

read Ashley's statement, that's the model I agree with.

It won't because some fans want the world and they want it now, they don't have patience.

you've been reading too many cockney bullshitters in the press....

Ashleys model has failed, and it hasn't failed just because of Keegan. Pretty much every manager asked has spoken out and said that they agree with his stance.

So, you tell ME who the yes man will be that will lead the club to success playing 2nd fiddle to Dennis Wise ?

Edited by LeazesMag

You're right Leazes you don't need strategy as long as you've got the right men in there... let them run around in fucking circles :thumbup:

well dickhead, I've replied to your post above, without the need to resorting to stupid insults. The manager makes his own strategy and surround himself with scouts and coaching staff that he knows have the same approach as himself, and understand what he wants.

Thats the "plan", and the only strategy which works.

well dickhead, I've replied to your post above, without the need to resorting to stupid insults. The manager makes his own strategy and surround himself with scouts and coaching staff that he knows have the same approach as himself, and understand what he wants.

numbnuts was a term of affection :lol:

The manager can have a strategy but at the end of the day that's got to fall in line with the owners, it had to under Shepherd and it had to under Ashley.

numbnuts was a term of affection :lol:

The manager can have a strategy but at the end of the day that's got to fall in line with the owners, it had to under Shepherd and it had to under Ashley.

indeed, but the "strategy" is flawed, and the person entrusted to be the "manager" of it, is a useless little fucker who won't ever get the sack when the manager fails to deliver.

So its wrong on its 2 main counts.