Ashley to sell.....OFFICIAL

paddy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit churlish in places and nobody was wanting him out till he fucked keegan over - its not about the money - its about undermining the manager with that twat wise - all very sentimental but methinks this decision was made a while ago and i don't think his ailing fortune would mind an injection of 300million big ones

To be fair the level of hatred levelled at him for simply having a different view of the future of our football club is fucking ridiculous.

oh aye and for daring to think that his way was better than Keegan's.

Not blaming Keegan for sticking up for his beliefs, but I cannot blame Ashley for sticking up for his. It's a shame that yet again NUFC fans have demanded instant success their way and in so doing have condemned the club to yet another wasted season.

I have to be honest here and my overwhelming feeling reading that is sadness at his feelings about the possibility of him and his family getting assaulted.

May I, Mr Ashley, please apologise on behalf of the vast majority of NUFC fans who would not have abused you, nor, assaulted you or your family. In fact, I would very much like to see you sometime in the future alongside us in your Toon top supporting the team.

What have you/we got to apologise for? The demonstrations were and always have been entirely peaceful....and applauded by local police. Shepherd called our wives dogs and still came.

No harm came to Llambias yesterday either.

I'm not prepared to argue with you H/F. My final word on this is that I completely believe there would have been some neanderthal threatening him.

To be fair the level of hatred levelled at him for simply having a different view of the future of our football club is fucking ridiculous.

Not blaming Keegan for sticking up for his beliefs, but I cannot blame Ashley for sticking up for his. It's a shame that yet again NUFC fans have demanded instant success their way and in so doing have condemned the club to yet another wasted season.

Fuck off Fish.

The fans are the only people in all this who are blameless.

We haven't demanded instant success though that's the thing. Ashley had in Keegan a manager who we had the majorities trust, who knew he would do what he felt was best for the fans and the club. We were happy with the progression that was being made on the pitch for the first time in a few seasons. And then it was all taken away.

I don't have one problem with having this so-called recruitment structure in place as a manager doesn't have time to scour the globes to find a lot of hidden talent, which is why scouts are employed. But that is all they should be, scouts. The manager at the end of the day should have the final decision on all football related matters. That is where it has all went wrong.

Exactly, if we're following the Arsenal model then who buys the players for them? Wenger and David Dein had a very close working relationship and that was why their structure worked, everyone was happy with their roles and worked well together, the system Ashley has put in is not the same.

Have to feel sorry for him a bit, in all honesty

He clearly doesnt know everything required to run a football club, and as hes said before he pretty much brought it on impulse, within a few days, so I don't think he really thought as hard as he should of.

Hes made bad decisions in recruitment and has been clearly ill advised by them - I just wonder how it would of been had he got someone Keegan got on with, and not Dennis Wise in.

Seems like a nice bloke, and he obviously had a dream, he just didn't think it through enough and it fell apart infront of him.

Aye, he didn't have a clue really.

Should have stuck to making one trophy signing per season and hiding the debt up his jumper...

I mean trying to run a football club as some kind of sustainable business, what a fool.

Fuck off Fish.

The hell they are. Objectively, we do this time and time again, we demand success our way. We hound out managers when they don't deliver in a season, we've hounded out a bloke who's come in with a genuine "plan" to get the club challenging. Basing our club on Arsenal is not a bad idea at all, they've challenged for major honours on a (comparatively) small budget, they've played some cracking football while they're at it.

the only thing I'll blame Ashley for is the hiring of the wrong people for the job.

And Jonny, hypothetically, if it was anyone but Keegan I'm willing to put every penny in my pocket against every penny in yours we'd have taken a different view.

Have to feel sorry for him a bit, in all honesty

He clearly doesnt know everything required to run a football club, and as hes said before he pretty much brought it on impulse, within a few days, so I don't think he really thought as hard as he should of.

Hes made bad decisions in recruitment and has been clearly ill advised by them - I just wonder how it would of been had he got someone Keegan got on with, and not Dennis Wise in.

Seems like a nice bloke, and he obviously had a dream, he just didn't think it through enough and it fell apart infront of him.

Aye, he didn't have a clue really.

Should have stuck to making one trophy signing per season and hiding the debt up his jumper...

I mean trying to run a football club as some kind of sustainable business, what a fool.

Structure/personnel wise

Reading that statement, although didn't make me feel any better about Keegan situation, made me feel that Ashley always had the clubs best interests at heart. He said it before and now I believe it. Like Snakehips I am deeply sorry that he didn't feel like he could take his kids to the games for fear of being assaulted. I still believe a new board is what we need and I still dislike Dennis Wise and the way the club is being run but feel slightly better about Ashley. I know more cynical people will mock me for this but thats just how I feel.

Edited by I R Toon Fan

Fuck off Fish.

The hell they are. Objectively, we do this time and time again, we demand success our way. We hound out managers when they don't deliver in a season, we've hounded out a bloke who's come in with a genuine "plan" to get the club challenging. Basing our club on Arsenal is not a bad idea at all, they've challenged for major honours on a (comparatively) small budget, they've played some cracking football while they're at it.

the only thing I'll blame Ashley for is the hiring of the wrong people for the job.

And Jonny, hypothetically, if it was anyone but Keegan I'm willing to put every penny in my pocket against every penny in yours we'd have taken a different view.

We've hounded out a bloke who tells us one thing and does another. He stood a few rows in front of me at Stoke away last year and I had not a bad word to say to him then, even as we floundered badly in Allardyce's last game, I believed in Ashley.

I've even supported him after Keegan went. But the man is a liar.

...and as has been said. Wenger has control at Arsenal.

Edited by Happy Face

what a load of shit, cant believe some people feel sorry for him. if the arrogant prick had of came straight back from America to try and sort things out instead of spending his money partying up with randoms this could have been avoided

Edited by JaMoUsE

It has absolutely nothing to do with demanding success.

We all seemed to be motoring along quite nicely about 3 weeks ago and the general public seemed quite content. Then the CLUB fucked up in the latter stages of the transfer window and KK leaves. You dont undermine someone who we worship like that.

Thanks for the money Mike. I have no ill feelings toward him. He is trying to put a business model in place. Unfortunately it has backfired spectacularly.

Fuck off Fish.

Which is a pretty big fuck up to be fair, not only has he picked the wrong people but he has also refused to admit that mistake and get rid of them. All he had to do was give Wise the boot or even just re-define his role but instead he has dug his heels in and now cut his nose off to spite his face by selling the club.

I have to be honest here and my overwhelming feeling reading that is sadness at his feelings about the possibility of him and his family getting assaulted.

May I, Mr Ashley, please apologise on behalf of the vast majority of NUFC fans who would not have abused you, nor, assaulted you or your family. In fact, I would very much like to see you sometime in the future alongside us in your Toon top supporting the team.

What have you/we got to apologise for? The demonstrations were and always have been entirely peaceful....and applauded by local police. Shepherd called our wives dogs and still came.

No harm came to Llambias yesterday either.

I'm not prepared to argue with you H/F. My final word on this is that I completely believe there would have been some neanderthal threatening him.

It's the down side to his "man of the people" thing if you ask me.

You get people to trust you and accept you as one of them, then you can't cry if it all goes wrong and you're judged and possibly threatened by the same criteria.

Or course that is exactly what such people always do, cry and hire in the powers that be.

(not that I've actually seen any credible threatening, other than him more generally :thumbup:-ing himself)

Edited by Fop

what a load of shit, cant believe some people feel sorry for him. if the arrogant prick had of came straight back from America to try and sort things out instead of spending his money partying up with randoms this could have been avoided

Yeah, that was pretty stupid.

Reading that statement, although didn't make me feel any better about Keegan situation, made me feel that Ashley always had the clubs best interests at heart. He said it before and now I believe it. Like Snakehips I am deeply sorry that he didn't feel like he could take his kids to the games for fear of being assaulted. I still believe a new board is what we need and I still dislike Dennis Wise and the way the club is being run but feel slightly better about Ashley. I know more cynical people will mock me for this but thats just how I feel.

You can't help but love his chubby little grin and his unorthodox approach.

But I see the statement as nothing more than another cynical attempt to win over the Geordies that cost him £200K or so yesterday, and would do again and again for the rest of the season.

We've hounded out a bloke who tells us one thing and does another. He stood a few rows in front of me at Stoke away last year and I had not a bad word to say to him then, even as we floundered badly in Allardyce's last game, I believed in Ashley.

Are you really that precious as to get upset that someone has lied to you? I couldn't give a toss if he told me the sky was Green and my hair was full and voluminous as long as he delivered success.

Aye Wenger has control over signings, and I think that with someone other than Wise and Keegan that's what would have happened here. Keegan would still want the big money signings and wouldn't trust Wise' scouting system, Wise wouldn't want the big signings and would keep pushing his agenda.

wrong personnel, but we'll never know what could have been now.

Keegan would still want the big money signings and wouldn't trust Wise' scouting system

Rubbish, Keegan has gone on record as saying that he was very happy with a few of the players that Wise has brought in, I'd guess that Keegan may have been more pissed off that we weren't getting enough of them in.

Are you really that precious as to get upset that someone has lied to you? I couldn't give a toss if he told me the sky was Green and my hair was full and voluminous as long as he delivered success.

He's lost 2 managers in 8 months. Is that the steady road to success you crave.

It wasn't the fans that got either of those managers sacked either.

:thumbup::lol::D You reckon the fans didn't get Allardyce the sack??

EDIT: you are probably infering that is was Allardyce himself.

Edited by snakehips

I never saw an Allardyce out banner personally.

I never saw an Allardyce out banner personally.

Aye, whatever you say.