Ashley to sell.....OFFICIAL

paddy

We've hounded out a bloke who tells us one thing and does another. He stood a few rows in front of me at Stoke away last year and I had not a bad word to say to him then, even as we floundered badly in Allardyce's last game, I believed in Ashley.

I've even supported him after Keegan went. But the man is a liar.

...and as has been said. Wenger has control at Arsenal.

Are you really that precious as to get upset that someone has lied to you? I couldn't give a toss if he told me the sky was Green and my hair was full and voluminous as long as he delivered success.

Aye Wenger has control over signings, and I think that with someone other than Wise and Keegan that's what would have happened here. Keegan would still want the big money signings and wouldn't trust Wise' scouting system, Wise wouldn't want the big signings and would keep pushing his agenda.

wrong personnel, but we'll never know what could have been now.

I know you are the Fish but I didn't think you would be reeled in by the media with that one. Its yet another myth that gets associated with Newcastle that Keegan was all about glamour signings. Cole, Lee, Venison, Beresford, Sellars even the likes of Gillespie were hardly big names. How many did he actually sign in his time here? Shearer wasn't even down to him chasing him but Sir John Hall wanting him.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The media will have a field day. Notice how the first quote the BBC have put up is the bit where Ashley says that he hopes "the next owner is someone who can lavish the amount of money on the club that the fans want", even though that is not the point at all.

Fuck the media. Just don't read it, that's what I do. They've been on the wind up with us for years, so the best thing to do is just avoid it completely and it can't bother you.

The only time I ever read anything is when it's copied and pasted onto here.

You're probably right. It's such a joke though.

The media will have a field day. Notice how the first quote the BBC have put up is the bit where Ashley says that he hopes "the next owner is someone who can lavish the amount of money on the club that the fans want", even though that is not the point at all.

You just know the media are going to blame the fans

We've hounded out a bloke who tells us one thing and does another. He stood a few rows in front of me at Stoke away last year and I had not a bad word to say to him then, even as we floundered badly in Allardyce's last game, I believed in Ashley.

Are you really that precious as to get upset that someone has lied to you? I couldn't give a toss if he told me the sky was Green and my hair was full and voluminous as long as he delivered success.

Aye Wenger has control over signings, and I think that with someone other than Wise and Keegan that's what would have happened here. Keegan would still want the big money signings and wouldn't trust Wise' scouting system, Wise wouldn't want the big signings and would keep pushing his agenda.

I know you are the Fish but I didn't think you would be reeled in by the media with that one. Its yet another myth that gets associated with Newcastle that Keegan was all about glamour signings. Cole, Lee, Venison, Beresford, Sellars even the likes of Gillespie were hardly big names. How many did he actually sign in his time here? Shearer wasn't even down to him chasing him but Sir John Hall wanting him.

I don't believe he wanted Beckham, Lampard et al, I think he would have been after Schweinsteiger though. I don't think Gutierriez would have appeared on his radar.

The thing is he can go on and on about what type of player we currently demand, the fact is the squad is wafer thin, it was implied we'd get five in towards the end of the transfer window, and we got two, one of them in a position we're not badly off. Yesterday emphasised this point, and even if they were Bassong or Guthrie type players we badly needed extra numbers. I knew in my heart of hearts we would lose that game yesterday, how can you win Premiership games when the only player with genuine pace is playing left back? Forget the squabbles, that is his, Wise, Vitere and the other cunts major fault.

to clairify, you're saying it's Mike Ashley's fault we didn't sign more players than we did?

100%

That's the thing isn't it, the media are going to hype us up all the more (using their own bollocks instead of facts) that the fans of NUFC demand so much. It'll make it harder in my eyes for any new owner to see the club in a positive light, no wonder Ambani has turned his attention towards Everton based on the turmoil at our club. It's a shame that the press can't actually report on the truth of what the fans want/need to be happy, are we cursed?

I feel sorry for him, he sounds like a decent bloke.

It must feel terrible for MA and his family to know that they wont be safe going to watch a Football match.

His statement fucks up the search for the next manager as well

Hoy in Bracewell, Albert, Peacock, Fox too

The thing is he can go on and on about what type of player we currently demand, the fact is the squad is wafer thin, it was implied we'd get five in towards the end of the transfer window, and we got two, one of them in a position we're not badly off. Yesterday emphasised this point, and even if they were Bassong or Guthrie type players we badly needed extra numbers. I knew in my heart of hearts we would lose that game yesterday, how can you win Premiership games when the only player with genuine pace is playing left back? Forget the squabbles, that is his, Wise, Vitere and the other cunts major fault.

to clairify, you're saying it's Mike Ashley's fault we didn't sign more players than we did?

100%

I suppose the buck does stop with him, but I do believe if he had the right two beneath him in Keegan and Wise's positions, working together they would have supplied a fuller list of targets.

It's not up to him to find the players, but it is up to him to have the scouting system beneath him providing the shopping list. I'd be more inclined to blame the fact that Keegan and Wise were pulling in polar directions.

Mike Ashley - Official Statement

But like any business with assets the club has debts. I paid £134 million out of my own pocket for the club. I then poured another £110 million into the club not to pay off the debt but just to reduce it. The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees. I shall be paying out many more millions over the coming year to pay for players bought by the club before I arrived. But there was a double whammy. Commercial deals such as sponsorships and advertising had been front loaded. The money had been paid upfront and spent. I was left with a club that owed millions and part of whose future had been mortgaged. Unless I had come into the club then it might not have survived. It could have shared the fate of other clubs who have borrowed too heavily against their future. Before I had spent a penny on wages or buying players Newcastle United had cost me more than a quarter of a billion pounds.

This is the worst of his propaganda. I've defended him on the basis that he's pumped a HELL of a lot of his wealth into the club, always on the assumption he was in this for the long haul and wouldn't see a return unless he maintained the club in or above the position he found it.

As it is, he's chosen to cut his losses at the first sign of trouble and has said he will not walk away unless he takes a healthy profit, despite the club being a far bigger shambles than the one he bought.

Stop with the expensive sob story, you'll not be losing out on the deal half as much as we have.

He still never let the manager do his job with the kind of structure he had in place. that's the bottom line. everything else, i'm very greatful as a supporter, but it always falls down to giving the manager of this club the responsibility to manage this club to the limit with nothing but support & backing by his chairman, director, & even ratboy.....

I think Ant said this but it certainly occurred to me as wll - there would be absolutely nothing stopping him taking his kids into a directors/private box.

:thumbup:

it's hardly the point though. I'm sure a rich KKK would be able to drive through Harlem in an armoured car

Mike Jeffrey, Paul Robinson, Jason Drysdale

That's the thing isn't it, the media are going to hype us up all the more (using their own bollocks instead of facts) that the fans of NUFC demand so much. It'll make it harder in my eyes for any new owner to see the club in a positive light, no wonder Ambani has turned his attention towards Everton based on the turmoil at our club. It's a shame that the press can't actually report on the truth of what the fans want/need to be happy, are we cursed?

Any potential buyers who are serious about their investment will talk to people in the industry and people with knowledge of the game who will tell them the truth - bring success to NUFC and the fucking lid will come off at SJP and the sky will be the limit. In fact, just LOOK like you're trying to bring success and you'll have that effect. The ones that do their due diligence by picking up the News of the World are not the sort of people we want here anyway.

Mike Jeffrey, Paul Robinson, Jason Drysdale

Legends one and all.

I feel sorry for him, he sounds like a decent bloke.

It must feel terrible for MA and his family to know that they wont be safe going to watch a Football match.

His statement fucks up the search for the next manager as well

Your sig picture is so gay. :thumbup:

Not read this thread but read his statement. This has made me hate the fat cunt even more. Can he not get it into his thick fucking skull that it is not about the money for most of us it is the atrocious way he has treated our fucking hero of heroes and then lied lied and lied again. And then saying he cant go to the game because he would be assaulted. Well as much as I think anyone who did that would be a fuckwit of the highes order he doesn't understand how we feel that all he had to do is sack the fucking rat boy Wise and we would have been over the fucking moon. But no he has brought his mates in and stamped his authority. That might work in businesses elsewhere but arsehole it doesnt work when it pisses off your entire customer base whose goodwill you completely rely on. He has come into football ownership completely not understanding anything about it made mistakes and been unable to admit to them Well good fucking riddance now.

Any potential buyers who are serious about their investment will talk to people in the industry and people with knowledge of the game who will tell them the truth - bring success to NUFC and the fucking lid will come off at SJP and the sky will be the limit. In fact, just LOOK like you're trying to bring success and you'll have that effect. The ones that do their due diligence by picking up the News of the World are not the sort of people we want here anyway.

That's a fair point, but when you've got the Abu Dhabi Group with their billions swooping in on City, they don't really need to do due diligence. If Gates had taken us over instead of Ashley he could have wiped off debts and spent as much as he'd like on players, because by the next transfer window he'll have recouped the loss in interest alone. If Ashley was trying to run this club within his means, he should have looked closer at it before he bought it then.. but I still think his departure won't hail a glorious future.

Not read this thread but read his statement. This has made me hate the fat cunt even more. Can he not get it into his thick fucking skull that it is not about the money for most of us it is the atrocious way he has treated our fucking hero of heroes and then lied lied and lied again. And then saying he cant go to the game because he would be assaulted. Well as much as I think anyone who did that would be a fuckwit of the highes order he doesn't understand how we feel that all he had to do is sack the fucking rat boy Wise and we would have been over the fucking moon. But no he has brought his mates in and stamped his authority. That might work in businesses elsewhere but arsehole it doesnt work when it pisses off your entire customer base whose goodwill you completely rely on. He has come into football ownership completely not understanding anything about it made mistakes and been unable to admit to them Well good fucking riddance now.

To be fair the chants weren't exclusively Wise out, or Llambias out, the fury was directed at him. I can understand if he didn't see that all he had to do was sack Wise and Llambias.

Just how much in debt were we?

Hes paid £110 million off the debt but he says we're still in it (Im assuming by at least that amount again otherwise its likely he would have just paid it all, reading his statement says we cant afford to buy players other than from the £20million he was willing to put in each year, where exactly has the three years season ticket money gone then? where would the TV revenue go and the numerous numerous millions made in merchandising?

I have time for Ashley but all he had to do was get rid of Wise, speak to the fans and things would have been better.

We as fans though have lost track of what we were protesting about. People yesterday saying that all he had to do was bring Keegan back and it was all about him. I didnt think it was, I thought it was due to the way the club was suddenly allowing a little cockney dwarf who nobody ever liked ever (and that includes his mother) to dictate the managers role.

That's a fair point, but when you've got the Abu Dhabi Group with their billions swooping in on City, they don't really need to do due diligence. If Gates had taken us over instead of Ashley he could have wiped off debts and spent as much as he'd like on players, because by the next transfer window he'll have recouped the loss in interest alone. If Ashley was trying to run this club within his means, he should have looked closer at it before he bought it then.. but I still think his departure won't hail a glorious future.

The point I was making was that the press coverage of the club should be immaterial to anyone looking to invest, as if they talk to the right people then they'll get the right message about the club. If they're rich enough that they don't need to do due diligence and just want a club to fling some money at then the point still stands, blazer and tie boy! :thumbup:

The point I was making was that the press coverage of the club should be immaterial to anyone looking to invest, as if they talk to the right people then they'll get the right message about the club. If they're rich enough that they don't need to do due diligence and just want a club to fling some money at then the point still stands, blazer and tie boy! :thumbup:

:lol:

You're right in that, the only thing this press coverage is going to do is strengthen their bargaining position. The product hasn't changed, but the owners position clearly has. Trouble is, we're making the change now, when nothing can be done to the playing staff and it's unlikely we'll see Keegan reinstated and Wise leaving.

And if I'm honest I don't want the scouting system (Vetere, Jiminez) to go, it's a vast improvement on past regimes.