Ashley to sell.....OFFICIAL

paddy

To be fair the level of hatred levelled at him for simply having a different view of the future of our football club is fucking ridiculous.

oh aye and for daring to think that his way was better than Keegan's.

Not blaming Keegan for sticking up for his beliefs, but I cannot blame Ashley for sticking up for his. It's a shame that yet again NUFC fans have demanded instant success their way and in so doing have condemned the club to yet another wasted season.

What a big hot steaming pile of shite!

No one has demanded instant success or demanded millions of pounds be spent, this is about KK being put in a working environment where it was nigh on impossible to do his job so MA still hasn't a clue about whats going on if he can't see whats in front of his face.

I can't help feeling some sympathy for Ashley but this whole fiasco could have been resolved by cutting cock eyed jonny out of the picture, does Wenger have his players bought for him? I don't think so, so when he refers to the Arsenal business model he's talking shite.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By putting the club up for sale, Ashley is effectively shelving his long-term plans for the club, and if his heart is in the club and wants what is best for NUFC as his statement would suggest, why not bring Keegan back in, carte-blanche and give him full control, rather than let the club fester with a caretaker manager at the helm.

To be fair the level of hatred levelled at him for simply having a different view of the future of our football club is fucking ridiculous.

oh aye and for daring to think that his way was better than Keegan's.

Not blaming Keegan for sticking up for his beliefs, but I cannot blame Ashley for sticking up for his. It's a shame that yet again NUFC fans have demanded instant success their way and in so doing have condemned the club to yet another wasted season.

No one has demanded instant success or demanded millions of pounds be spent, this is about KK being put in a working environment where it was nigh on impossible to do his job so MA still hasn't a clue about whats going on if he can't see whats in front of his face.

I can't help feeling some sympathy for Ashley but this whole fiasco could have been resolved by cutting cock eyed jonny out of the picture, does Wenger have his players bought for him? I don't think so, so when he refers to the Arsenal business model he's talking shite.

The Arsenal football model is the biggest red herring of the 20 century.

Reading that you can't help but sympathise. I do belive he has the best interests of the club at heart - as did Freddy Shepherd - but thats a totally different thing to managing it.

As others have said, its brilliant basing ourselves on Arsenal as a sustainable mode. BUT, at Arsenal his scouts and Director of Football (name escapes me, or did he leave recently?) recommend players to him as they should do. Our scouts and Director were on a different wavelength to KK and just did their own thing.

PR tastic bit of writing btw with the references to his kids being assaulted etc. Shame the same PR advisor wasn't around last weekend when they released that car crash of a statement. I reckon they could have got themselves out of this mess if they hadn't released that bollocks.

Reading that you can't help but sympathise. I do belive he has the best interests of the club at heart - as did Freddy Shepherd - but thats a totally different thing to managing it.

As others have said, its brilliant basing ourselves on Arsenal as a sustainable mode. BUT, at Arsenal his scouts and Director of Football (name escapes me, or did he leave recently?) recommend players to him as they should do. Our scouts and Director were on a different wavelength to KK and just did their own thing.

PR tastic bit of writing btw with the references to his kids being assaulted etc. Shame the same PR advisor wasn't around last weekend when they released that car crash of a statement. I reckon they could have got themselves out of this mess if they hadn't released that bollocks.

Well written bit of spin is all it is. The blokes a cunt and no messing. :thumbup:

I think you're missing the point.

:thumbup:

I think you're missing the point.

have the fans demanded instant success? No, so you're talking shite my friend.

Bear in mind a conciliatory and balanced statement such as this means he's shitting it and now realises - late in the day that perhaps he has fucked up. This kind of talk if offered to KK in a reasonable manner with the offer of buying 'the odd player' KK wants (like Warnock) would have meant he was still here. It's pretty clear KK said it's me or Wise and Wise got the vote.

Empty vessels make most noise - and unfortunately the empty vessels at the match yesterday completely missed the point as usual.

It will do us no good at all to "Get Ashley out" - we just needed him to make some changes. Get rid of Wise and put Llambas in his place (behind Keegan).

Within a few weeks everything would have been a bed of roses again.

85727qwYV_w.jpg

Yeah. It's all your fault. Hang your head in shame. SHAME! I wanna live foreva...

:lol::D

:lol:

Yeah. It's all your fault. Hang your head in shame. SHAME! I wanna live foreva...

:D :D

You're lucky I like you Snakey. :thumbup:

Diving into the thread without reading it, but:

Sorry, but I'm not falling for the "me and my family aren't safe" line. He'd be perfectly safe in the Platinum Club or the directors box of any other ground in the country.

This is a hard-nosed multi-millionaire business man we're talking about- they don't fold at the first sign of someone telling them they don't like them. You don't get to be that rich without standing on a few bodies.

The only reason he's selling up is because the value of the business will diminish if the protests and boycotts continue and it's going to be a buyers market if the rumours of groups from China, India and the middle-east gobbling up Premiership clubs is right.

He's talking from his wallet, not his heart and any attempt to disguise that is as flimsy as the goods he sells in his sports shops.

Difference of opinion

There's a lot of common sense and logic in what Ashley says, but there's a huge gap where the hoped-for clarification of the issues that forced Keegan to walk should be and the whole Wise situation is ignored.

One section stands out for us though:

The fans want this process to happen more quickly and they want huge amounts spent in the transfer market so that the club can compete at the top table of European football now.

Is that really true? It does attempt to perpetuate the line given to the press last week by an un-named club official about Keegan throwing his toys out of the pram when being denied funds for Thierry Henry etc.

But clawing back £12m for an England U21 midfielder and replacing him with a borrowed Uruguayan seems to be going to the opposite extreme to the megastars.

Quite simply, anyone who watched this team last season could not have failed to spot that it was weak in certain areas, both in terms of quality and head count.

As a self-proclaimed football fan of long-standing, Ashley would surely have picked that up for himself - even before speaking to the fans or the team of employees he brought in headed by Dennis Wise.

So the process that most expected in the last close season was to try and move on the players who had been nothing but a financial burden to the club, while also replacing them with halfway decent assets at a halfway decent price.

The youth recruitment efforts were welcomed by those who had an interest in it and certainly pre-injury, the Hungarian defender Tamas Kadar had shown genuine potential - even if a few of others looked less promising.

But parallel with that, there had to have been a sensible recruitment programme to improve the both quality and quantity of players available to the manager now.

Not necessarily megastars, but by the same token not unattached teens with colourful histories who play one game for the academy and then get on the first team bench. Oh, and not all from Spanish clubs....

When the transfer window closed, our net spend was less than various other Premier League clubs this season, clubs with a smaller fanbase, less season ticket holders, cheaper tickets, cheaper corporate sections, smaller corporate sections etc. etc.

Most people believed that Kevin Keegan's "million miles away" statement last season was right - but they also believed him when he talked about improving the club's league placing.

We would contend that most people didn't believe that the only way to do that was spending "huge amounts".

The one charge that is continually levelled at Newcastle fans by lazy outsiders is that they have unrealistic expectations and no patience.

Unfortunately the owner seems to have fallen for this line, ignoring the evidence of his eyes that Newcastle fans will shell out the price on the ticket if they believe they are seeing a team worth watching and moving forward - and not being led up the garden path.

Diving into the thread without reading it, but:

Sorry, but I'm not falling for the "me and my family aren't safe" line. He'd be perfectly safe in the Platinum Club or the directors box of any other ground in the country.

This is a hard-nosed multi-millionaire business man we're talking about- they don't fold at the first sign of someone telling them they don't like them. You don't get to be that rich without standing on a few bodies.

The only reason he's selling up is because the value of the business will diminish if the protests and boycotts continue and it's going to be a buyers market if the rumours of groups from China, India and the middle-east gobbling up Premiership clubs is right.

He's talking from his wallet, not his heart and any attempt to disguise that is as flimsy as the goods he sells in his sports shops.

Spot on.

We've hounded out a bloke who tells us one thing and does another. He stood a few rows in front of me at Stoke away last year and I had not a bad word to say to him then, even as we floundered badly in Allardyce's last game, I believed in Ashley.

I've even supported him after Keegan went. But the man is a liar.

...and as has been said. Wenger has control at Arsenal.

Are you really that precious as to get upset that someone has lied to you? I couldn't give a toss if he told me the sky was Green and my hair was full and voluminous as long as he delivered success.

He's lost 2 managers in 8 months. Is that the steady road to success you crave.

It wasn't the fans that got either of those managers sacked either.

Allardyce had to go and Keegan wasn't sacked, it looks to me like Ashley tried to build the bridges with Keegan as well.

I can't see anything good happening because of this.

If Keegan was willing to talk, then he was willing to stay. I can't see what outlandish demands he would have made that Ashley couldn't have met.

By the way, I don't know about anyone else but I am fucking sick of this football club. All the "one thing you can say about Newcastle United - we're never boring" stuff, honestly I wish we fucking were. All this drama is such a pain in the ring.

I said that the other day, it's either laugh or cry at the moment.

But yes, most Premiership clubs are 'boring' by comparison but I doubt many fans envy our position.