Sign in to follow this  
Ant

If it wasn't Keegan

I know alot of people probably went mental just for the fact it was Keegan getting mucked around. and might have done no matter what the circumstances.

But then i thought of Man City last year with Sven, he was nothing big to city, not a former player or manager, just came in and did well

If we had of had a different manager, say Hiddink or someone (doesn't overly matter)

they came in, turned our frowns around, got the team organised and had made a good start to the season etcetc

I'd like to think people would've been just as pissed off if they had got the same treatment, lies in the press and messed around by wise and co etc.

I don't think there would have been just as much protests, but i still think there would've been enough to get the same sort of outcome.

Think the press get a bit too carried away with the fact that it's Keegan and like Ashley's statement moaning about us wanting instant results with lavish spending.

I don't think that's been the case at all,

Granted we'd still love it if we signed kaka and all those sorts of players, but were not stupid and i don't think that ever came into play in the last year.

wish I'd made this point somewhere....

did ya in other thread?

prob didn't see it, a refresh is pretty much another 5-6 posts on it atm :thumbup:

bleh I'm in a good mood atm anyways bit carried away lol :lol:

wish I'd made this point somewhere....

Why? You don't get a medal for it you know.

you don't? fuck two more medals and I get my Giveafuck badge.

I know alot of people probably went mental just for the fact it was Keegan getting mucked around. and might have done no matter what the circumstances.

But then i thought of Man City last year with Sven, he was nothing big to city, not a former player or manager, just came in and did well

If we had of had a different manager, say Hiddink or someone (doesn't overly matter)

they came in, turned our frowns around, got the team organised and had made a good start to the season etcetc

I'd like to think people would've been just as pissed off if they had got the same treatment, lies in the press and messed around by wise and co etc.

I don't think there would have been just as much protests, but i still think there would've been enough to get the same sort of outcome.

Think the press get a bit too carried away with the fact that it's Keegan and like Ashley's statement moaning about us wanting instant results with lavish spending.

I don't think that's been the case at all,

Granted we'd still love it if we signed kaka and all those sorts of players, but were not stupid and i don't think that ever came into play in the last year.

It was very sad that Keegan left, but I think the biggest issue is what impact the recent events and the set-up could have on the players in the future, short-term and long-term. I hope they can get on with it at some point and not keep feeling sorry for themselves. Keegan was only here for half a season so it's not like another long reign of success has come to an end. I think all the "I'll only accept Kevin Keegan" need to move on, unless it's purely to make up for what happened, which I can understand but it doesn't look like that will happen.

He knew (or should of) what he was getting with Keegan.

But frankly this situation with another manager wouldn't have gone down well. Perhaps not the pseudo-apocalypse, but still it was a stupid way to lose a manager, especially probably the best manager we/he could realistically expect.

He knew (or should have) what he was getting with Keegan.

But frankly this situation with another manager wouldn't have gone down well. Perhaps not the pseudo-apocalypse, but still it was a stupid way to lose a manager, especially probably the best manager we/he could realistically expect.

[/Fop][/alex]

He knew (or should have) what he was getting with Keegan.

[/Fop][/alex]

Probably a least he at known too[/alex²] :thumbup: