Those on here who use Firefox

LeazesMag

Because it is miles better than IE.

Tabbed browsing, excellent add-ons and adblocker.  Give it a go, I guarantee you'll like it.

44089[/snapback]

hmmm...no clashes with xp etc I take it...what about with mailwasher etc any probs with anything ????

Try it, takes a while to get use to the new icons etc but pages load alot faster and its never crashed for me once. Only set back it can't open some pages which have videos for example which IE probably will. Apart from that try it definitely.

Basically because its better. Its faster at loading webpages, better at downloading things, allows tabbed browsing and crashes alot less often.

44091[/snapback]

I'm not sure I have ever had IE crash on me. And I wasn't aware it was slow at loading web pages - seems pretty instantaneous, tbh.

IE7 is the future!

44108[/snapback]

I thought Garlic Bread was the future?

As for Firefox, at first I was the same as you Leazes, thought "why? its only a browser, IE does everything", then I tried Opera and realised Microsoft's got a lot to learn, moved onto Firefox and never looked back.

Good thing about having that extra browser anyway is that if your system screws up IE (which is always a possibility) then you have a backup, just in this case my backup is IE.

Basically because its better. Its faster at loading webpages, better at downloading things, allows tabbed browsing and crashes alot less often.

44091[/snapback]

I'm not sure I have ever had IE crash on me. And I wasn't aware it was slow at loading web pages - seems pretty instantaneous, tbh.

44110[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought the same, until I tried an alternative.

44091[/snapback]

44110[/snapback]

IE used to be faster for loading, then someone posted a firefox tweek which makes it alot faster. IE used to crash 2-3 times a day for me. Got right annoying.

44091[/snapback]

44110[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought the same, until I tried an alternative.

44113[/snapback]

What I'm trying to say is I'm happy with what I've got, godammit.

But just in case I'm really not, can anyone point in the right direction for downloading Firefox (I assume it's free)?

44091[/snapback]

44110[/snapback]

IE used to be faster for loading, then someone posted a firefox tweek which makes it alot faster. IE used to crash 2-3 times a day for me. Got right annoying.

44114[/snapback]

Odd. I don't think this has ever happened to me using about 5 desk tops and 2 lap tops......

The problem with IE is that (but Im no expert here, so someone feel free to put me right) Windows XP is all based around IE threfore a number of its files etc are used by other parts of the system eg the desktop, file manager etc thats what slows it down (I think).

*insert standard disclaimer here in case Im talking bollox.

Why ?

44086[/snapback]

Cos I'm a trendy motherfucker that has to have the latest things.

But really, I love the tabbed browsing and the search engine search thing in the top corner. Google, ebay, All Music, Amazon, imdb and dictionary.com all searched quickly and easily.

IE7 is the future!

44108[/snapback]

Considering they have ripped off tab-browsing from Mozilla I wouldn't put too much faith in that.

Why ?

44086[/snapback]

Recently I have started wondering exactly that. I also use IE and Opera (Opera is MILES better than both IE and Firefox - it was doing all the stuff Firefox is boasting about now 2 years ago !) I have found that FF if you leave it for long just about always freezes for a most of a minute before starting to move again, like a lumbagoed OAP. "Not responding"

Nah - i do still use it, yes. But IE and Opera more. I like Thunderbird though - but its no better than OE for newsgroups (I use XNews for those)

Because it is miles better than IE.

Tabbed browsing, excellent add-ons and adblocker.  Give it a go, I guarantee you'll like it.

44089[/snapback]

hmmm...no clashes with xp etc I take it...what about with mailwasher etc any probs with anything ????

44092[/snapback]

no