Is there a big possibility on us getting relegated

wykikitoon

Can We Get Relegated  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its still very very early days, but with the wafer thin squad, the boardroom ramblings and the state of our rudderless ship, can we get relegated?

In Jan if things arent resolved I can see several players looking to leave.

Given

Martins

Owen

Thats to name just 3 people I wouldnt want to see go.

Edited by wykikitoon

Not now Keegan's gone

While Mediawatch would never suggest that the grunting, simian-like tubs of lard with legs that have the time to hang around outside St James's Park shouting 'Keeeeeeegan' on a Monday morning are representative of the whole Toon support, we'd like to help out these victims of Mother Nature's off-day with some stats.

In his second spell at the club, Kevin Keegan was in charge of 21 games, of which he won a massive six. Our rudimentary maths indicate that equals a win percentage of 28.57.

As a point of comparison, Sam Allardyce's record is 33.33% (8 wins in 24), Glenn Roeder's was 45.83 (33 in 72), Graeme Souness's was 44.82 (39 in 87), and Ruud Gullit's was 34.61 (18 in 52).

In fact, in statistical terms the Second Coming was actually the worst spell on Tyneside since Ossie Ardiles (21.27%, 10 in 47).

However, we are aware that applying logic and reason to Newcastle is something of a fruitless task.

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/0,17...4149386,00.html

:thumbup:

Not now Keegan's gone

While Mediawatch would never suggest that the grunting, simian-like tubs of lard with legs that have the time to hang around outside St James's Park shouting 'Keeeeeeegan' on a Monday morning are representative of the whole Toon support, we'd like to help out these victims of Mother Nature's off-day with some stats.

In his second spell at the club, Kevin Keegan was in charge of 21 games, of which he won a massive six. Our rudimentary maths indicate that equals a win percentage of 28.57.

As a point of comparison, Sam Allardyce's record is 33.33% (8 wins in 24), Glenn Roeder's was 45.83 (33 in 72), Graeme Souness's was 44.82 (39 in 87), and Ruud Gullit's was 34.61 (18 in 52).

In fact, in statistical terms the Second Coming was actually the worst spell on Tyneside since Ossie Ardiles (21.27%, 10 in 47).

However, we are aware that applying logic and reason to Newcastle is something of a fruitless task.

Look at the matches - played arenal 3 times and man utd 3 times

KK's fixtures were much harder than Allardyces.

Not now Keegan's gone

Look at the matches - played arenal 3 times and man utd 3 times

KK's fixtures were much harder than Allardyces.

Aye, it's not to be taken seriously, for a start Keegan's first 5 or 6 matches were basically undoing the damage done in the latter days of Allardyce, never mind the clubs we were playing.

The funniest thing about this is the way it starts off with "While Mediawatch would never suggest that the grunting, simian-like tubs of lard with legs that have the time to hang around outside St James's Park shouting 'Keeeeeeegan' on a Monday morning are representative of the whole Toon support, we'd like to help out these victims of Mother Nature's off-day with some stats." Yet just quoting the stats without any analysis smacks of gross stupidity. That and the sort of cretins they're taking the piss out of aren't that far off their target audience.

The funniest thing about this is the way it starts off with "While Mediawatch would never suggest that the grunting, simian-like tubs of lard with legs that have the time to hang around outside St James's Park shouting 'Keeeeeeegan' on a Monday morning are representative of the whole Toon support, we'd like to help out these victims of Mother Nature's off-day with some stats." Yet just quoting the stats without any analysis smacks of gross stupidity. That and the sort of cretins they're taking the piss out of aren't that far off their target audience.

:ph34r:

Hard to say who'll go down this time. Usually you'd look at the promoted clubs, and although its very early days, Hull and Stoke look as if they might be made of sterner stuff than some of the sides who have gone before them. Of the teams that finished near the bottom last time, Fulham and Wigan seem to have kicked on a bit too. Spurs are down, obviously :ph34r:

I think we're due a shock in terms of who gets relegated this year, and by that I mean a "big" club or possibly two could be destined for the drop...truth is though, at this point, we have absolutely no way of knowing where we'll end up other than it's safe to assume we'll not be in the top half competing for Europe anytime soon without significant investment in the squad, a strong new manager and rebuilding the team's shattered confidence (which will take time).

I fear for us if we carry on with the current situation for much longer, I really do. :ph34r:

I bet Hull go down though, despite Saturday. That doesn't mean we won't though. Tbh, I'd be surprised if we did but it's the middle of September, the transfer window is closed and the squad looks unbelievable threadbare. If the reports were right, wtf was the club playing at contemplating selling even more players? Plus, unless Ashley has sold-up there'll be very little money available in January. The only thing I can see altering that is if we look really dodgy and Ashley bricks it because he'll lose a fortune if the worst happens.

Edited by alex

Aye Hull are riding their luck and have newly promoted syndrome (which is kinda the opposite of Newcastle perpetual crisis syndrome).

Even if they do stay up this season they could do a Sunderland/Hull next season.

I just hope we get sorted out soon the longer this shit goes on the bigger the risks to us.

The worst of it for me is that they write stuff like that while also peddling the criticism that Newcastle fans are deluded, impatient and demand instant success. Yet we're the ones that currently want to perist with (according the stats) the least succesful manager we've ever had bar Ossie Ardiles.

They want to make their minds up, can't really slag us off both ways.

Well they can, but it's them who look like pricks.

Its still very very early days, but with the wafer thin squad, the boardroom ramblings and the state of our rudderless ship, can we get relegated?

Given

Martins

Owen

Given and martins wouldnt be too much of a loss and can easily be replaced

It's technically possible for every team to get relegated at this stage. Sure, for some there's about as much chance as Satan ice skating to work tommorow as them getting relegated, but it's still possible.

Edited by Wally

Given

Martins

Owen

Do you have a Martins radar? Whenever he gets mentioned, it seems you pop up to tell us all how worthless he is.

Don't take anyone for granted at this stage man. Even disregarding the Given nonsense, to say that Newcastle can easily attract a player on a level with Martins at this point is a little presumptuous. I'd rather we didn't lose anyone since the prospects of replacing them seem so bleak.

Given

Martins

Owen

If they do leave I think you'll be proven to be incorrect there.

Getting back to the original point and a quick look at physioroom tells you we've got 10 players out injured now btw.

Given

Martins

Owen

If they do leave I think you'll be proven to be incorrect there.

Getting back to the original point and a quick look at physioroom tells you we've got 10 players out injured now btw.

I can't see us replacing Given or Martins at the moment with anything approaching like for like.

And with our current injuries and usual injure record we need about another 5 players never mind losing 2 more. :ph34r:

I'm getting really worried. We're not going to appoint a manager before Ashley has managed to sell the club and we're probably not going to win another game with Hughton in charge. Our best player will be gone in January as well.

Edited by Bombadil

I think Relegation is a definite possibility as long as Ashley is still the owner. Granted it would probably take an ongoing injury crisis similar to the one we are currently suffering but with us that could easily happen.

As it stands currently we are a rudderless ship which no one in the their right minds would want to be a part of. The means no one resembling a half decent manager coming in and a load of players wanting to leave without much prospect of any reinforcements coming in.

If we keep having to play a central midfield of Butt and Cacapa for very long we are well fucked.