Save Newcastle!!

smoggeordie

Think they need to employ a swish webdesigner as that website is not going to impress anyone :ph34r:

It's the ideas that need to impress to be fair. And having scoffed at stuff like this in the past (as recently as a couple of days ago), I'm pretty impressed with their ideas.

At the end of the day if we all just say "It'll never work", then it'll never work. I'd chuck some money at them for shares if it looked like this was getting off the ground.

Think they need to employ a swish webdesigner as that website is not going to impress anyone ;)

It's the ideas that need to impress to be fair. And having scoffed at stuff like this in the past (as recently as a couple of days ago), I'm pretty impressed with their ideas.

At the end of the day if we all just say "It'll never work", then it'll never work. I'd chuck some money at them for shares if it looked like this was getting off the ground.

The guy's in the USA, he can't tell us what to do. :ph34r:

Think they need to employ a swish webdesigner as that website is not going to impress anyone :aye:

The guy's in the USA, he can't tell us what to do. :ph34r:

I didn't realise that, the fucking wanker! ;)

Im up for it if it happens. Not quite sure about how capable it is of working though. To be honest I think no matter what, a club needs to employ a successful business person as its chairman and not necessarily someone who can tell you the score, scorers, times and name the crowd of toon v Millwall 1982/83 season. Saying that, being a Newcastle fan is important though as we're seeing now :ph34r:

Think they need to employ a swish webdesigner as that website is not going to impress anyone :ph34r:

I'm not so sure about the "it'll never work" angle but IMO it's not worth it, let's face it unless a team has a mega-rich sugar daddy it's going nowhere in the current world of football.

If a structure was in place where ALL revenues were shared evenly by the clubs (except say their own merchandising) and there was some form of salary cap structure based upon turnover THEN and only then would something like this be worth putting your money in, because then you just might be able to make a difference.

By all revenues I mean, champions league, premiership,cup incomes etc is divied up between all the teams in the league, you win it for the glory not the £££'s, everyone gets the benefit of a strong league. A level playing field if you will, It'll never happen like.

Think they need to employ a swish webdesigner as that website is not going to impress anyone ;)

Count me in. :ph34r:

I agree with the thing about the ideas. What I was getting at is that if people click the link to read it, a lot of people will not take any notice as it doesn't look as professional as the subject matter requires.

Agreed.

I think the website is fit for purpose. He specifically mentions needing someone for web development on the site as well so I think there's a recognition that it's not the finished article.

Fair enough.

No matter how small the important thing is to get things started. :ph34r:

I'm interested to see how it develops. Seems a bit of a knee jerk reaction at the moment though IMO.

A good idea hopefully well intentioned but when you think about it where are they going to find 3 million people to stump up 100 quid. O.K you can buy more than 1 share upto 3 miilion pounds worth in fact.

Also what happens to the money if they get a few hundred investors but end up well short of the sum Ashley wants?

No harm in some form of supporter ownership remember those shares we used to have?

They would be better approaching a viable new owner with a proposal of the supporters owning say 20% of the business.

I'm interested to see how it develops. Seems a bit of a knee jerk reaction at the moment though IMO.

A good idea hopefully well intentioned but when you think about it where are they going to find 3 million people to stump up 100 quid. O.K you can buy more than 1 share upto 3 miilion pounds worth in fact.

Also what happens to the money if they get a few hundred investors but end up well short of the sum Ashley wants?

No harm in some form of supporter ownership remember those shares we used to have?

They would be better approaching a viable new owner with a proposal of the supporters owning say 20% of the business.

You set up a holding company first and lay out a plan to buy shares over a few years. The company operates like any other company with a board etc..Ultimately this 'vehicle' with expert advise and access at some point to greater finance (partners) borrows the rest to buy the club.

I like the sound of it and the fella behind it seems to have some very good ideas. I don't agree with some of the numbers, such as the amount of fans he can attract, but apart from that it sounds good.

As Gemmill said if people keep shunning these ideas they'll never get the chance to work. I'll be interested to see what happens and whether this'll die a death if we bring in a new owner who we're satisfied with. If not and it grows i'll be willing to put my hand in my pocket.

Edited by Ketsbaia

I like the sound of it and the fella behind it seems to have some very good ideas. I don't agree with some of the numbers, such as the amount of fans he can attract, but apart from that it sounds good.

As Gemmill said if people keep shunning these ideas they'll never get the chance to work. I'll be interested to see what happens and whether this'll die a death if we bring in a new owner who we're satisfied with. If not and it grows i'll be willing to put my hand in my pocket.

I fucking love your avatar... :ph34r:

All this fan owned clubs malarky is bollocks. You want to give thousands of numpties the right to excercise their rights? You'll get what you deserve. It is a nice idea, but it's not working if you are more than three people. It's been proven numerous times on the continent. Success is with demagoges, but rarely with the football sides. I'd steer as far away from these utopian phantasies as possible.

All this fan owned clubs malarky is bollocks. You want to give thousands of numpties the right to excercise their rights? You'll get what you deserve. It is a nice idea, but it's not working if you are more than three people. It's been proven numerous times on the continent. Success is with demagoges, but rarely with the football sides. I'd steer as far away from these utopian phantasies as possible.

This is my greatest concern. Imagine all the SSN cameramongs with their votes- "RONALDO 4 TOON LOLZ".

Some of their ideas are decent but the share ownership structure is a mess- these things should be kept as simple as possible so as to rule out future disputes.

I still don't think an all-cash buyout is a particularly efficient way of executing the deal.

If you wanted further proof the Ebbsfleet experiment is another example.

Yes they let the shareholders vote on everything but 90% of the things they ask you to vote on is whether the manager/board/tea lady should have the veto to choose for the shareholders.

Each poll goes:

Choose the team this week:

1. Let manager do it?

2. Play Smithy on the left and let manager choose the rest?

3. Drop that useless twat Smithy and let tea lady choose the club's leaves for the week?

4. Pick team? (please follow the links to the selecto-meter, all choices will be billed at 45p per minute.)

This is my greatest concern. Imagine all the SSN cameramongs with their votes- "RONALDO 4 TOON LOLZ".

Some of their ideas are decent but the share ownership structure is a mess- these things should be kept as simple as possible so as to rule out future disputes.

I still don't think an all-cash buyout is a particularly efficient way of executing the deal.

The thing is if you bought shares in Microsoft you wouldn't expect to be involved in the day to day running.

Football is a business, albeit an entertainment business but why if the club was owned by shareholders should they have the expectation to have anymore input that say those that have BT shares?

They shouldn't and just like Ashley has fucked up, if the club was owned by supporters it would need to hand over the day to day running to an elected, competent footballing board.

(by the way see my post re-myfootballclub. The other important difference is one is non league, the other is competing in the richest league in the world.)

Edited by sammynb