Groundcockneyday

Isegrim

Some people in this thread all really showing the world that we're not the reactionary Neanderthals we're portrayed as. :ph34r:

If you deliberately set out to provoke people, you have to be prepared to take the backlash. If you then find the reaction not to your liking then tough shit. It's that simple

No, it's simpler than that, if you're so insecure that you get riled by something you've already realised is designed purely to provoke you, then you're a mug and deserve derision.

So if I knock up something about Hillsborough being entirely Liverpool's fans fault to wind them up and they react then they're mugs?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people in this thread all really showing the world that we're not the reactionary Neanderthals we're portrayed as. :ph34r:

If you deliberately set out to provoke people, you have to be prepared to take the backlash. If you then find the reaction not to your liking then tough shit. It's that simple

No, it's simpler than that, if you're so insecure that you get riled by something you've already realised is designed purely to provoke you, then you're a mug and deserve derision.

So if I knock up something about Hillsborough being entirely Liverpool's fans fault to wind them up and they react then they're mugs?

It would be fair enough if his ineptitude as a journalist was being criticised. The racism doesn't really help our cause tbqfh.

It would be fair enough if his ineptitude as a journalist was being criticised. The racism doesn't really help our cause tbqfh.

Like I said if you provoke people and don't like their reaction, tough shit, you've brought it on yourself

Like I said if you provoke people and don't like their reaction, tough shit, you've brought it on yourself

He doesn't care what you think or say. He was tasked with writing an article of a sufficient standard to get printed and to get a reaction... As Asprilla has said, if you were mocking his text, ridiculing his simple and obvious attempts to rile the public or if his arguments were wittily taken apart piece by piece, you'd be the better man.

I'm not saying "Stop it, you're hurting his feelings", I'm saying "Stop it, you're proving him right."

Newcastle United fans are the club's biggest problem

Matthew Syed

Sure, passion and commitment are great things and we all know that in a big city with only one football club, there is bound to be a siege mentality and more than a little self-absorption. But many Newcastle fans have turned navel-gazing into an art form. They need to get out more and discover that their beloved club, who have not won a trophy for decades, are virtually unknown beyond these shores. They need a little perspective, not least in terms that passion does not equate to knowledge, nor does enthusiasm equate to expertise on how to run a football club.

I stopped reading after that bit. He obviously hasn't got a clue.

He probably does like. It partially vindicates his dreadful article.

By far the worst article written about NUFC. 26,000 average gate in our relegation season till the last three games when we were already doon, above anyone apart from Liverpool Arsenal and Man Utd you fucking cunt, you neglect to mention that or the reason for the under 20000 crowds, i.e Gordon McKeag and our battle to getthe Magpie Group in, you fuckin nonce. Fuck off back to Egypt. Cowardly bastard. I get the impression the journalists are now writing what the masses are wanting to hear. As for not a massive club, whatever s massive club is, if we aren't one, there are only three massive clubs in this country.

The article stinks of bitterness but a lot of people are jealous of our fans - regardless of whether they can spell or not. Only Manchester United would have an attendance as big as ours if they had our recent history to their name.

We averaged over 50'000 in 1948 and that is immense - what about the 60'000's we were getting for big games in the sixties?

People also forget that football was dying on it's arse in the 80's and we still got good attendances, they also forget about economically crises and miners striking - this meant not many people could afford to go to the match - the same as now.

Journalists can manipulate statistics and not explain them and a lot of fans in the country will simply lap it up and talk ill of our support.

Not many football fans would even know who McKeag is nor would they care about us protesting - it is simply seen as a piss poor attendance.

Newcastle United are a special club - even if only to ourselves there is a certain romance about Newcastle United that one simply can't escape - I'm from Durham so I have a slight outsiders perspective but I know something special when I see it.

Some people regard Leeds as a big club - yet we have won much more than them and our attendances destroy theirs.

People talk about Tottenham being a big club - yet if close scrutiny is applied to their two UEFA cup wins they don't seem to be of any value at all. The 1973 UEFA cup wasn't of much value at all and held the same qualification criteria as the Fairs Cup and the 1984 UEFA cup belonged to Nottingham Forest who were cheated out of it.

Newcastle United have the potential to be a huge club - if someone can take Chelsea and make them one of the clubs in Europe,we could follow.

At the end of the day we need the right man to come in and sort the club out, Dennis Wise needs to go simply because none of the fans have any respect for him. Jimenez and Vetere need to stay because they have done a wonderful job - however they should merely act as scouts as opposed to directors.

Ashley had a plan and I appreciate that - the three tier management system can work but not when their is clearly an inner power struggle.

Ashley has to realise that £20m a season is simply not enough to sustain a Premier League football club and keep it competitive. Tottenham won the league cup and their squad is currently worth around £150m if I recall correctly.

Portsmouth got quite lucky with the FA Cup and as much as I dislike Redknapp I would rather it was Portsmouth than one of Sky Sports top four.

Journalists writing these stories are often unfair, how many of us honeslty expected to break the top four? I wanted to give Europe a shot and see some decent cup runs whilst seeing a team play some good football - which we did under Keegan.

The media simply focus on the best story they can find and unfortunetley that tends to come from the ignorant or unedcuated masses. Once a mob as strong as our fan base speaks there is no going back, Ashley's regime undermined and humiliated a club hero and there is no coming back from that.

He should sell up to a decent owner and let us be.

We desperatley need some stability and we need to get out of the newspapers and just get on with it. It seems that whenever we under perform there has to be a crisis and that is simply because people expect us to do well.

We haven't helped matters by appointing less than desirable people, Wise and Barton dont seem to be nice men and Guthrie seems to be heading down the same path.

Add this to other muppets like Woodgate,Dyer,Bowyer and hate figures like Fat Freddie and we do become a bit of a nasty club.

However so long as people keep reporting and interviewing thick fat men with beer bellies and local charvas the problem will never die, we will be front page news.

At the moment it is very depressing for me but the media and fans of other clubs can get to fuck.

This mess will be sorted out because Newcastle are a massive asset, we aren't an Aston Villa or a West Ham If anything were to happen to us we would be missed.

We are a big club and a massive investment and sooner or later the people with the serious money will realise this.

Who are you and what have you done with Tom?

The bomber stuff although tongue in cheek is pathetic.

The stereotypes in the article are just as bad though.

I think a few people pointed out at the time, if the articles written when Keegan took over about people from the north east had aimed the same stereotypical insults at religious or race groups there would have been hell on.

(Still garbage from Stevie though)