Jonas out for at least 3 weeks

Guest Stevie

Three weeks out for Toon ace Jonas

Newcastle midfielder Jonas Gutierrez will be out of action for up to three weeks after suffering an injury playing for Argentina last week.

Gutierrez: Faces spell on the sidelines Send to friend

The 25-year-old injured his shoulder in a collision just 16 minutes into the World Cup qualifier against Peru and the Argentina Football Association (AFA) confirmed he now faces a spell on the sidelines.

"Homero De Agostino, the doctor of the national team, confirmed that he checked Jonas Gutierrez, who has a little fracture in the right clavicle," a report on the AFA's website said.

"With the allowance of his club Newcastle, Jonas will stay in Buenos Aires to be treated by the national team's medical staff.

"He should rest for 20 days and will have the rehabilitation treatment under doctor De Agostino."

Oh dear :ph34r: Just where is the fucking pace without him and Martins?? Where? Wise you clown, we can't win games with no fucking pace.

Stupid fucking argie soft cunt, fuck off back to argieland and i wish you were around when the falklands war was going on so we could have bombed ye

soft argie wank

[/stevie]

Or do we just exhibit xenophobia to people that have wronged us. I can't really keep up like......

Three weeks out for Toon ace Jonas

Newcastle midfielder Jonas Gutierrez will be out of action for up to three weeks after suffering an injury playing for Argentina last week.

Gutierrez: Faces spell on the sidelines Send to friend

The 25-year-old injured his shoulder in a collision just 16 minutes into the World Cup qualifier against Peru and the Argentina Football Association (AFA) confirmed he now faces a spell on the sidelines.

"Homero De Agostino, the doctor of the national team, confirmed that he checked Jonas Gutierrez, who has a little fracture in the right clavicle," a report on the AFA's website said.

"With the allowance of his club Newcastle, Jonas will stay in Buenos Aires to be treated by the national team's medical staff.

"He should rest for 20 days and will have the rehabilitation treatment under doctor De Agostino."

Oh dear :ph34r: Just where is the fucking pace without him and Martins?? Where? Wise you clown, we can't win games with no fucking players.

FYP.

3 weeks is better than I was expecting tbh.

Lets see the club try to defend their transfers (both in and out) now. Given that they have assembled a crack team to do just that it's pretty poor that a player who they tried desperately to get rid of started a match.

You only need to look at some of our signings to see that it is working, slowly working. Look at Jonas Guttierrez and Fabricio Collocini. These are world class players. The plan is showing dividends with the signing of exceptional young talent such as Sebastein Bassong, Danny Guthrie and Xisco. My investment in the club has extended to time, effort and yet again, money being poured into the Academy. I want Newcastle to be able to create its own legends of the future to rival those of the past. This is a long term plan. A long term plan for the future of the club so that it can flourish.

Love how he uses the term 'such as' prior to listing the young players we've bought, indicating that there is more than just the ones he mentions. Such as??

:ph34r:

3 weeks is better than I was expecting tbh.

Lets see the club try to defend their transfers (both in and out) now. Given that they have assembled a crack team to do just that it's pretty poor that a player who they tried desperately to get rid of started a match.

You only need to look at some of our signings to see that it is working, slowly working. Look at Jonas Guttierrez and Fabricio Collocini. These are world class players. The plan is showing dividends with the signing of exceptional young talent such as Sebastein Bassong, Danny Guthrie and Xisco. My investment in the club has extended to time, effort and yet again, money being poured into the Academy. I want Newcastle to be able to create its own legends of the future to rival those of the past. This is a long term plan. A long term plan for the future of the club so that it can flourish.

Love how he uses the term 'such as' prior to listing the young players we've bought, indicating that there is more than just the ones he mentions. Such as??

:ph34r:

Zamblera, Tozer, Kadar, Ranger, Soderberg, Spears etc.

You can see that being lapped up in certain circles as well. It makes sense until you look a bit deeper into it. Guttierrez and Collocini look the business but even they haven't proven themselves yet. And world class? Maybe, we'll have to see but that's a hell of a claim. As for Bassong, he looks like he has bags of potential but he's very raw as well. Danny Guthrie? Canny player, who looks to play the ball on the deck and seems like he might be a bargain. Xisco? Hmm, far too early to say but his debut was disappointing. Exceptional young talent though? Not sure that claim will stand up in a year or two's time. And even if they were in that bracket, it wouldn't alter the fact that the squad looks threadbare - not least in areas KK identified as needing strengthening (e.g. LB, CB after Faye went) - and it's only mid-September. Couple that with the recent silence on Owen's contract and I think it's fair to say it's a racing certainty we'll lose another of our best players either in January or the summer.

You can see that being lapped up in certain circles as well. It makes sense until you look a bit deeper into it. Guttierrez and Collocini look the business but even they haven't proven themselves yet. And world class? Maybe, we'll have to see but that's a hell of a claim. As for Bassong, he looks like he has bags of potential but he's very raw as well. Danny Guthrie? Canny player, who looks to play the ball on the deck and seems like he might be a bargain. Xisco? Hmm, far too early to say but his debut was disappointing. Exceptional young talent though? Not sure that claim will stand up in a year or two's time. And even if they were in that bracket, it wouldn't alter the fact that the squad looks threadbare - not least in areas KK identified as needing strengthening (e.g. LB, CB after Faye went) - and it's only mid-September. Couple that with the recent silence on Owen's contract and I think it's fair to say it's a racing certainty we'll lose another of our best players either in January or the summer.

Owen's long gone IMO.

Zamblera, Tozer, Kadar, Ranger, Soderberg, Spears etc.

Sorry, I wasn't counting them as they were bought to flesh out the youth team by the Youth Recruiting Team.

When the Youth Recruiting team took off their Youth Recruiting hats and put on their first team purchasing hats the only young first team players they bought were the afforementioned Guthrie, Xisco and Bassong. They did slip in Ranger in the same period, but he's more known for his ghetto exploits than his on field ones. The fact is they were responsible for all of the recruiting, and as such they failed.

I can just see us in five years time, with all of our 'youth' players realising their potential, we'll have a wonderful side that will dominate League One.

Edited by OzToonFan