Sir Cliff

Rob W

Surprised that no-one has mentioned his amazing achievement in having a top 10 record in 6 consecutive decades

And when you think how light they've been as well................................

Surprised that no-one has mentioned his amazing achievement in having a top 10 record in 6 consecutive decades

And when you think how light they've been as well................................

That's because he was trying to manipulate the charts to get a number 1 record in 6 consecutive decades. But he failed. Ha ha.

I'm not sure whether it was the man himself or an associate but whoever thought of the concept of putting the Our Father to Auld Lang Syne and calling it the millenium prayer and releasing it when it was is one of my absolute heroes in life - that level of cynicism is breathtaking and something I aspire to.

That's because he was trying to manipulate the charts to get a number 1 record in 6 consecutive decades. But he failed. Ha ha.

Do you honestly think the charts have ever been anything but a master-class in manipulation since the moment they were invented?

Do you honestly think the charts have ever been anything but a master-class in manipulation since the moment they were invented?

Do you honestly think that every single week of the charts since 1952 has been grossly manipulated?

Dare I admit, the first ever single I bought was Cliff Richard and The Young Ones...

the shame...... :rolleyes:

No shame in that. I had the same option available to me in the glory days of '86 and ended up buying Chas and Dave's "Snooker Loopy". * :snakehips:

* Of course I was manipulated into doing so.

Do you honestly think that every single week of the charts since 1952 has been grossly manipulated?

Nope, but the charts are and always have been about manipulation (at least as much as trying to get your fan base to all buy it in one week).

Not every week is a God save the Queen moment, but that doesn't mean that there isn't/wasn't a lot of other manipulation constantly going on.

In fact the whole concept of a "pop chart" is base upon manipulation.

Wrong and thoroughly joyless, all in one post. Nice work. :snakehips:

Cliff feeds on joy, it makes him stronger, more powerful and more youthful. :rolleyes:

But I'm amused you don't seem to (or want to) understand how the charts actually work. :rolleyes:

I reckon Elton John & Macca have occasional releases but you really have to go all the way to Madonna to find anyone else with serious longevity - and she started recording 25+ years after Cliff - amazing - and on so little talent............