Recommend me some Podcasts

Ayatollah Hermione

26 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Have you tried 'Newcastle Natter'? They seem quite educated on football matters and terms like 'Tarquestas' and also give you quite informal recommendations of books they've written themselves. I mean it might not be quite what you're looking for but they seem decent enough chaps. :good:

I’ll give it a go although I think I’m being set up :lol: 

• Haha 2

i'm the same CT. i've been listening to the usual ones - pod on the tyne, true faith (probably the best i've listened to) - i've even sunk so low top have tried the chronicle's podcast once or twice. i haven't yet been so desperate that i've tried fish's effort yet  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm the same CT. i've been listening to the usual ones - pod on the tyne, true faith (probably the best i've listened to) - i've even sunk so low top have tried the chronicle's podcast once or twice. i haven't yet been so desperate that i've tried fish's effort yet  

I tell you what, mind, fish is a good sport, been on here for years and never really takes the huff does he? :lol:

:good:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Fish :lol: 

Does he still do that?

Is that what @Howmanheyman is setting me up with :lol: 

• Haha 1

On 01/01/2021 at 22:00, Dr Gloom said:

Buxton is a good place to start then

Definitely. His approach to the interviews is fantastic and (almost) always makes for great listening. His interludes and daft songs probably put a lot of folk off, but that's no bad thing and really helps offset the whole awkwardness of the whole format. Plus that level of daftness doesn't really creep into the conversations much unless he's chatting with people he already knows really well.

Even the not-so-good ones are better than most postcast I've heard. 

Not taking a dig a Fish here as I've never heard his podcast but I've never found a footie podcast that could hold my attention for more than a few minutes. They usually just invoke that sense of being trapped in a room with the type of folk that phone into talksport or Clyde superscoreboard. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Bob Mortimer got it spot on by just using his knowledge of football to completely lampoon everyone and anyone involved in it. Shame he was next to the human charisma vacuum when he was doing it like

From what little I've heard of Athletico Mince it's alright. A third wheel in the vein of Partridge doing the horse racing commentary wouldn't go a miss though.

43 minutes ago, strawb said:

Listening to other peoples opinions on football (especially podcasts) is really boring like. Especially really earnest ones who think they are a font of knowledge.  

Another dig at The Fish 

• Haha 4

On 09/11/2021 at 21:05, strawb said:

Listening to other peoples opinions on football (especially podcasts) is really boring like. Especially really earnest ones who think they are a font of knowledge.  

I feel very attacked.

• Haha 3

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

If you’re over 50 and can put up with pretentious ex melody maker scribes treating pop music as “art” yet simultaneously carrying on like 13 year old boys then this might be for you, it helps if you’re a music nerd too… I think I hate it and love it at the same time…

Edited by PaddockLad

25 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If you’re over 50 and can put up with pretentious ex melody maker scribes treating pop music as “art” yet simultaneously carrying on like 13 year old boys then this might be for you, it helps if you’re a music nerd too… I think I hate it and love it at the same time…

I am simultaneously horrified and intrigued by this 6 (six) hour podcast

I'm definitely going to be going in. Pray for me

• Haha 2