Recommend me some Podcasts

Ayatollah Hermione

Right, I've gotten myself a lovely new iPod and am looking to subscribe to these podcast dealies for some long bus journeys. I'm already subscribed to the Football Manager one because I'm a massive geek like that but I'm looking for some other ones.

Any music, comedy or gaming ones would be nice and searching through iTunes is much too daunting at this point. Cheers in advance.

The Collings and Herrin (sic), Adam and Joe and Stephen Fry podcasts are all worth signing up for, in my humble one. Ditto Radio 4's Friday Night Comedy, though there isn't a regular addition to that one at the minute.

Guardian Football Weekly is canny too. Despite the name, there are usually two a week (I think). I presume you can sign up for it as a podcast, I tend to just download the mp3 directly as there's always a link in their daily football mailout.

Here's some I listen to:

SModcast - Kevin Smith's podcast. Very funny.

Wreckless Media Radio - Random bull by 20-something yanks. Can be funny

Extra Life Radio - All things pop culture (movies, games, Tech) Can be very funny.

Radio Bam Margera - This guy is marmite. His posse has some good crack.

WHOcast - If you like Dr. Who, you may like this. If not, skip it.

Russell Brand's Podcast Archive - See Radio Bam.

Edited by Zebra

Subscribe to the 606 podcast and you can delete the Spoony/Lovejoy/Green ones and just listen to Danny Baker.

He was trying to find 10 nice things about Dennis Wise last night. Apparently he has those comedy wooly covers for his golf clubs.

If you haven't already, hunt on torrent sites and what not for the first couple of series of the Ricky Gervais podcast. And then go out and get the new series.

http://www.filmjunk.com/2008/09/02/the-ric...ing-this-month/

EDIT - Not that i'm condoning downloading them illegally, obviously. Because I wouldn't want to stop an already rich Ricky Gervais making even more money.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Another vote for Smodcast and Adam & Joe. There's so many of them now that when they miss a couple of weeks it's just nice chance to ctach up on the old ones. The John Richardson one is canny but not a huge fan of "Fordy" taking up half of them.

• 8 months later...

There's not enough hours in the week these days. I've unsubscribed Phil and Phil because they're shit, but I still get:

Kermode ("Hello to Jason Isaacs")

Collings and Herring (The recent baby made or excrement was inspired)

Adam and Joe ("oooh, schwah, my nipples!")

In Our Time (Melvyn Bragg talks to experts on a different subject every week. Always fascinating. The one on the concept of a vaccuum was mind blowing)

Smodcast (Kevin Smith and Scot Mosier Chat)

NPR - All Songs Considered (half an hour with a track from a few new albums each week)

NPR - Live Concerts (Radiohead, Animal Collective, The Decemberist, K'naan were recent highlights. Up to two hours for free)

Real Time with Bill Maher (from HBO. US political chat with lots of laughs)

Stephen Fry (very irregular but always class)

Friday Night Comedy (The News quiz (Just like HIGNFY) or the Now Show (More TWTWTW))

I've also recently added:

Great Lives (Matthew Parris talks to experts on a different subject every week. This week was Coltrane)

Composer of the Week (Radio 3 do an hour a night on one composer each week. The Podcast is the highlights. This week Bach in Weimar)

The Royal Society (Educational essays on a range of subjects. Archive available back to June 2006 when Bill Bryson started with a brief history of everything)

Jonathan Ross (Not listened to any yet, but i like him on TV so thought I'd subscribe this week)

Thinking Allowed (Radio 4 podcast on how society works)

More or Less (Radio 4 podcast on applied statistical analysis)

Front Row Highlights (Mark Lawsons arts show)

Radio 4 Choice (The best of the weeks documentaries from Radio 4)

Edited by Happy Face

Adam and Joe ("oooh, schwah, my nipples!")

;) That sting never fails to crack me up. Usually in the middle of Jim. Which is nice.

;)

I've gone right off Collings and Herrin, I can't remember the last time I found it the remotest bit funny, they seem to be obsessed with being as offensive as possible rather than humorous, it just smacks of desperation.

I've gone right off Collings and Herrin, I can't remember the last time I found it the remotest bit funny, they seem to be obsessed with being as offensive as possible rather than humorous, it just smacks of desperation.

Someone complained about that in the most recent one. Someone called GM.

;)

More than likely him.

Aye, I can't say it offended me but it's just not especially funny any more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...