Recommend me some Podcasts

Ayatollah Hermione

the only podcasts i have are the ricky gervais ones but really want to get some more on my ipod, how much are the SModcasts ones?

EDIT: just seen they are free. Will have a look into them :lol:

Gonna try the michael mcintyre stand up one too

Edited by Marko

The Benny Hill Dumbledore was my personal favourite. Mosier really comes into his own and becomes fucking hilarious as the Smodcasts go on.

Aye.

I thought he was a mumbling foil for Smith to bounce of to begin with, but he always has the best one liners and is a lot drier and more intelligent than Smith.

Just been having a gander at the charts and subscribed to Frank Skinner, Dave Gorman and Frankie Boyle.

The Dave Gorman one was canny shite. Bog standard radio listener emails.

The Frankie Boyle one however is class. It's just him trying out one liners for upcoming episodes of Mock the Week. Some of it's crap, but lots of it is in brilliantly bad taste that the BBC would cut if he used them in the show.

Another bonus is you don't have to put up with shite impresssions from Hugh Dennis or slow shouting from Andy Parsons.

Hope there's more to follow soon.

Just been having a gander at the charts and subscribed to Frank Skinner, Dave Gorman and Frankie Boyle.

The Frankie Boyle one however is class. It's just him trying out one liners for upcoming episodes of Mock the Week. Some of it's crap, but lots of it is in brilliantly bad taste that the BBC would cut if he used them in the show.

Another bonus is you don't have to put up with shite impresssions from Hugh Dennis or slow shouting from Andy Parsons.

Is it free?

Is it free?

Aye

On itunes

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...st?id=323684930

Edited by Happy Face

This weeks Smodcast is one of the best. The Harry Potter bit had me snorting away on the ferry tonight.

They discuss Dumblewhore getting Ron Weasly to suck him off then using a forgeticus spell. :mellow:

Just been listening to this on the metro, giggling like a fucking mental patient. :o

• 8 months later...

just updated mine

• Farming Today - Radio 4 Famining & Rural News
  • Coast & Country - Radio 4 Outdoors News
  • Radio 4 Choice - Pick of the week on documentries
  • Fighting Talk - Radio 5 Live Sport Chat & Laughs
  • Mark Mermode & Simon Mayo Film Reviews - Radio 5 Live Film Chat
  • Americana Inside The USA - Radio 4 US Chat
  • Cyclingnews - Cycling News

I do have a couple of music ones too, Tiesto being one of them. Think Ill add the Smodcast though tonigh and Frankie Boyle after reading this :lol:

just updated mine

I do have a couple of music ones too, Tiesto being one of them. Think Ill add the Smodcast though tonigh and Frankie Boyle after reading this :nufc:

:lol:

Tell em steve dave

Listened to the first 10-15 minutes of the first episode of that on the way home last night. Does it get better?

Only partially.

I just like Walt Flannagan and his laugh. His stories of torturing kids at the day centre and of returning comic book store merchandise different to what he bought when it doesn't sell (previously told in less detail on Smodcast) are canny funny.

Tell em steve dave

Listened to the first 10-15 minutes of the first episode of that on the way home last night. Does it get better?

I didn't even make it that far. Mumbling and bumbling about the name of the show. I don't mind them in small doses but dread when Smith goes back to Jersey as he does around a months worth with them.

There's not enough hours in the week these days. I've unsubscribed Phil and Phil because they're shit, but I still get:

Kermode ("Hello to Jason Isaacs")

In Our Time (Melvyn Bragg talks to experts on a different subject every week. Always fascinating. The one on the concept of a vaccuum was mind blowing)

NPR - All Songs Considered (half an hour with a track from a few new albums each week)

NPR - Live Concerts (Radiohead, Animal Collective, The Decemberist, K'naan were recent highlights. Up to two hours for free)

Real Time with Bill Maher (from HBO. US political chat with lots of laughs)

I'm familiar with these and can heartily reccommend them all.

If I was to add to the list, I'd add 'This American Life', and, even though he covers a lot of stuff just for us Aussies he also gets a lot of intersting international guests on, 'Light Night Live with Phillip Adams'. It's a news editorial-type podcast, but also finishes usually with an interesting discussion on a variety if topics.

Really, it just depends on tickles your pickle subject-wise.

just updated mine

I do have a couple of music ones too, Tiesto being one of them. Think Ill add the Smodcast though tonigh and Frankie Boyle after reading this :nufc:

:nufc:

I do a lot of MTBing and fell running and therefore take a keen interest in the outdoors.

Oh and I shag sheep :nufc:

just updated mine

:nufc:

I do a lot of MTBing and fell running and therefore take a keen interest in the outdoors.

Oh and I shag sheep :nufc:

But only the crazy ones?!??

Tell em steve dave

I didn't even make it that far. Mumbling and bumbling about the name of the show. I don't mind them in small doses but dread when Smith goes back to Jersey as he does around a months worth with them.

Yeah, when Smith goes back to Jersey and records SMod with Brian (and sometimes Walt) sometimes it's a bit too in-jokey and half the SMod is them pissing themselves laughing at something that may only be mildly amusing.

Tell em Steve Dave has had some good moments though, mostly resolving around Walt. He's funny, but not in the traditional sense, and his laugh alone is hilarious. Brian hsa his moments, but for the most part Walt is the drawcard IMO.

Mosier is definitely awesome though, and has certainly grown with his contributions. They've gone a little off the boil lately with their new sponsor, but I'm sure that will settle down.

Tell em steve dave

Yeah, when Smith goes back to Jersey and records SMod with Brian (and sometimes Walt) sometimes it's a bit too in-jokey and half the SMod is them pissing themselves laughing at something that may only be mildly amusing.

Tell em Steve Dave has had some good moments though, mostly resolving around Walt. He's funny, but not in the traditional sense, and his laugh alone is hilarious. Brian hsa his moments, but for the most part Walt is the drawcard IMO.

Mosier is definitely awesome though, and has certainly grown with his contributions. They've gone a little off the boil lately with their new sponsor, but I'm sure that will settle down.

I think they've been a bit hit and miss since Zack and Miri didn't do the numbers he wanted and he hit the weed hard. I can't get away with Malcom either.

I'd be very happy if Adam and Joe came back. I gave up on the Collings and herrin podcast but don't their 6 Music one, oddly enough.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Flanagan is class. That episode about his whole model returning scam was great. His laugh is just horrid though, makes me shudder every time. Smod and and Tell-em are well worth it.

I think they've been a bit hit and miss since Zack and Miri didn't do the numbers he wanted and he hit the weed hard. I can't get away with Malcom either.

In it's own way the whole Zack and Miri incident was hilarious. It's certianly lead to a big change in attitude from Smith (eventually). I was keen to hear the SMod commentary track though... there's none on the Z&M Blu-ray either, despite the flick being some of his best work.

I've not got much time for Malcolm as well. Smith, we know thinks he's funny, but he just seems like a moody fucker with an annoying voice. The best contribution he has made IMO has been all of the (usually decent) Malcolm impersonations by Kevin, Mosier and Brian.

I've not got much time for Malcolm as well. Smith, we know thinks he's funny, but he just seems like a moody fucker with an annoying voice. The best contribution he has made IMO has been all of the (usually decent) Malcolm impersonations by Kevin, Mosier and Brian.

The Toronto Ontario Mo and Glo(ria) show is Malcolm with his mother.

I've never liked him either, which is what makes it fun to hear his mother needle him for an hour a week.

• 1 year later...

I'm totally addicted to The Joe Rogan Experience podcast, so fucking funny and chilled out, everyone is high on Pot and talking about the most bizarre shit ever, he produces about three podcasts a week totally recommend !