Recommend me some Podcasts

Ayatollah Hermione

On 28/04/2018 at 21:37, adios said:

Turns out Bob Mortimer is the interviewee on the latest Adam Buxton podcast.

Haven't listened yet.

I really enjoyed that.  It's only the second episode I've listened to but I love Mortimer.  He wasn't being as funny as he is in Athletico or on TV but generally he can't help being funny even when he's being serious.  Glad to hear he's doing more stuff with Vic too.

• 3 months later...

:lol: That’s spot on. 

Went and saw Hannibal Buress last night as he was at a small comedy club near me, he was class tbh and it’s made me want to start listening to the Hansome Rambler again as it sort of fell out my podcast rotation. Anyone still bother with it and is it still any good? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Probably already on this thread somewhere, but what is the best pod player on Android? Willing to spend a bit of money if necessary. Using podcast player at the moment which is a bit shit. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Probably already on this thread somewhere, but what is the best pod player on Android? Willing to spend a bit of money if necessary. Using podcast player at the moment which is a bit shit. 

I use pocketcasts but would also like to know if there is something better.  It's ok but got updated recently which has made it a little shitter

22 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I stopped using pocket cast recently cos it rinses through your battery. I'm just using Google Podcasts. It's very basic but does the job OK.

Must say Google podcasts is good. Simple and easy to use. 

• 1 year later...

These are all self contained - 8 to 10 episodes - rather than ongoing things. 

Bear Brook

The Clearing

The Teacher's Pet

Bear Brook is the pick of the bunch but they're all good. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

These are all self contained - 8 to 10 episodes - rather than ongoing things. 

Bear Brook

The Clearing

The Teacher's Pet

Bear Brook is the pick of the bunch but they're all good. 

The Teacher's Pet became a little repetitive towards the end, then it was taken down in Australia for reasons that will become apparent if you listen to it. It's intriguing but could have been even better if it was a little more tightly edited and didn't become a bit of a victim of its own success.

• 6 months later...
21 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve never heard it but I’ll give it a go. So far it’s the only podcast I listen to as it’s a pretty new format for me & im cynical. 

Buxton is a good place to start then

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Now that I’m excited by football again I’ve started searching out these football podcast/YouTube channels to watch. 

So far I like the GallowgateShots, TrueFaith Newcastle ones. Are there any other descents ones worth subscribing too?

I also quite like the Overlap ones Sky knock out with the fan audience and Neville’s one to one interviews.

I struggle to watch anything with Steve Wraith in, however in desperation for something to watch, I watched one of his today with a bloke called Liam Kennedy in and LK seemed to talk a lot of sense.

59 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Now that I’m excited by football again I’ve started searching out these football podcast/YouTube channels to watch. 

So far I like the GallowgateShots, TrueFaith Newcastle ones. Are there any other descents ones worth subscribing too?

I also quite like the Overlap ones Sky knock out with the fan audience and Neville’s one to one interviews.

I struggle to watch anything with Steve Wraith in, however in desperation for something to watch, I watched one of his today with a bloke called Liam Kennedy in and LK seemed to talk a lot of sense.

Have you tried 'Newcastle Natter'? They seem quite educated on football matters and terms like 'Tarquestas' and also give you quite informal recommendations of books they've written themselves. I mean it might not be quite what you're looking for but they seem decent enough chaps. :good:

• Haha 7