Recommend me some Podcasts

Ayatollah Hermione

Weird cos I started listening to it a month or so ago. It's pretty entertaining, although fuck me the episodes are long! Good shout though.

Yes you get your money's worth :icon_lol: he's pretty prolific, two or three a week !

I was gonna start a thread about that "when did you cross" thing that Carolla was on about, but every fucker on here would still shag the celebrities they fancied as a kid. :lol:

I was gonna start a thread about that "when did you cross" thing that Carolla was on about, but every fucker on here would still shag the celebrities they fancied as a kid. :lol:

That thing about meeting Daisy Duke ? That was one of the most awesome debates ever ! :D

Aye it was good crack. Carolla was really entertaining on there actually.

Adam Carolla's podcast is worth a listen too.

Listened to my first one yesterday on the strength of the Rogan one. Seems canny. I'm a bit scared that it's a daily one though? Cos that would be too much to handle.

Hollywood Babble On is good listening. Ralph Garman with Kevin Smith. Garman is a Hollywood Radio DJ who does some awesome impersonations and is just pretty funny in general. Based around the happenings in the film capital of the world though they talk lots of other bullshit along the way.

Will have to give Rogan's a go, though I've got a pretty full menu already. Does he talk UFC on it?

Yeah, I think the Carolla is daily. I tried listening to them recently. They're good and he has good guests, but they're all 1hr + and I found it hard to keep up.

You can sort of dip in and out of them though.

• 1 year later...

Anyone listen to Comedy Bang Bang? It's superb and is now a tv show. Well worth a listen. Features comedians like Paul F Tomkins, Reggie Watts & Patton Oswalt.

Starts as an interview with a guest like John Hamm, Zach G & David Cross, then a comedian comes on in character. If anyone's interested I can point out some good starter episodes.

Go with guests/comedians you know to start with. Alternatively the recent episode #161 'Highly Illogical' nearly left me dropping weights on my face in the gym as I got a fit of the giggles.

Other than that, the best of 2010 episode would have a load of clips to give you a feel.

• 8 months later...

Came across a podcast called "stuff I missed in History"....... Quite a bit you may be surprised to know!

Anyway, there's about 300 episodes to go at. Anyone listened to any of them? Any good?

I've downloaded a few to have a go.

I've been listening to the Nerdist lately, can recommend it. Basically a comedian called Chris Hardwick meets up with famous people for an hour and they talk about anything and everything. Highly recommend the Chris Jericho one as a perfect example. They don't mention wrestling once they just talk about nostalgic tele and end up texting Slash from Guns N Roses about Dinosaurs.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find that bit anywhere but it sounds funny!

Jeff Garlin off Curb has a newish podcast called By The Way. Recorded in front of a live audience, which is a bit annoying, but the first episode was Larry David and he's since had Will Ferrell and Zach Galifanaikis or whatever his name is on.

Canny if you like that sort of thing.

Cheers to SLP for the Nerdist recommendation. I'm cherry picking from the back catalogue. Not sure I could listen every week, but some good people on there.

I can't find that bit anywhere but it sounds funny!

Bit he did on the BBC Comedy Roadshow about a businessman on the train eating a peach and drinking redbull. unfortunately, youtube search only returns an interview with him as "the peach guy"

Aye I looked for it and ended up reading an interview with him where I got the gist of the bit, but without being able to watch it. Says he's amazed how many people have told him they also eat a peach over the sink. :lol: