Recommend me some Podcasts

Ayatollah Hermione

• 4 weeks later...
Listening to an episode of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History for the first time right now.

It's the first one about The Wrath of the Khans. Truly marvellous.

• 1 month later...

Listening to an episode of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History for the first time right now.
It's the first one about The Wrath of the Khans. Truly marvellous.

Just acquired the first 30 or so (that aren't available for free) if you want me to send you the link? He does one on popular history theories that revolve around aliens and it's absolutely class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns5MgXjE4N8

Giant Bomb are still heroes. "Then step out with a handful of action" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just acquired the first 30 or so (that aren't available for free) if you want me to send you the link? He does one on popular history theories that revolve around aliens and it's absolutely class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns5MgXjE4N8

Giant Bomb are still heroes. "Then step out with a handful of action" :lol:

AH, have you got the link for the first 30 Hardcore Histories, please? Cheers.

• 1 month later...

I got a question asked on last night's World Football Phone-In. :)

Man-clapping.gif

tumblr_mozoyd50jU1sp9fcho1_500.gif

Clapping-gif-tumblr-i19.gif

tumblr_mt8wgjU2Rq1su8qv2o3_400.gif

29490-Picard-applause-clapping-gif-s5nz.

tumblr_m4nikbnLH61r08oe3o1_500.gif

(I won a years subscription on Gifs-R-us.com, this morning).

• 2 months later...

Anybody recommend any podcasts that are really good at examining current events into a bit more detail rather than a brief synopsis of things? For example something at the moment that would be discussing the goings on in Ukraine.

Anybody recommend any podcasts that are really good at examining current events into a bit more detail rather than a brief synopsis of things? For example something at the moment that would be discussing the goings on in Ukraine.

I know you like the Hardcore History ones. Do you not listen to the Common Sense podcasts he does as well?

Last week's was before the Russian movements in Ukraine and he was going dippy that the news was covering it as a civil dispute, rather than looking at the wider picture of US diplomats intervening. All the news outlets covered "Fuck the EU" comment as gossip, ignoring the collusion between US and Ukrainian dissidents that should have been a huge and scary story...which was bound to draw a Russian response.

Dan Carlin's mint.

• 2 weeks later...

I know you like the Hardcore History ones. Do you not listen to the Common Sense podcasts he does as well?

Last week's was before the Russian movements in Ukraine and he was going dippy that the news was covering it as a civil dispute, rather than looking at the wider picture of US diplomats intervening. All the news outlets covered "Fuck the EU" comment as gossip, ignoring the collusion between US and Ukrainian dissidents that should have been a huge and scary story...which was bound to draw a Russian response.

Dan Carlin's mint.

Notice the western media are almost silent about the millions flowing in from ngo's and other soft money to encourage trouble in Ukraine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...