Xbox 360

Walliver

I would say shooters run smoother and I would definitely say Fifa and PES look better on the PS3.

How do they look better?

They play smoother and they are more developed.

You don't have to fall on your Sword over your 360 by the way I am honestly not that bothered. :snakehips:

Well you're not giving me anything to prove your point valid. PS3 games certainly aren't more developed as coders are just porting them to the PS3 from other systems such as the 360, as they are a nightmare to code for. [/Dweeb]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a PS3 and think it's quality. BluRay is one advantage over the Xbox, and from what this nerdy kid at work keeps telling me, I gather that a lot of the games haven't even scratched the surface of what the PS3 is capable of. Admittedly, I don't know if the same is true of the Xbox.

He also reckons that Sony said that the PS3 was a 10 year thing when it was first released, so if (yes, I know) they are true to their word then you aren't gonna be forking out for a PS4 in 18 months. Again I don't know if the same is true of the Xbox.

I've got a PS3 and think it's quality. BluRay is one advantage over the Xbox, and from what this nerdy kid at work keeps telling me, I gather that a lot of the games haven't even scratched the surface of what the PS3 is capable of. Admittedly, I don't know if the same is true of the Xbox.

He also reckons that Sony said that the PS3 was a 10 year thing when it was first released, so if (yes, I know) they are true to their word then you aren't gonna be forking out for a PS4 in 18 months. Again I don't know if the same is true of the Xbox.

Get an external HD and hook it up mate, it's class. I've been downloading so many films in HD.

Get an external HD and hook it up mate, it's class. I've been downloading so many films in HD.

Nice one, that's how I'm planning on watching The Wire.

Didn't you say Consoles were for dweebs Gemmil? :snakehips:

Didn't you say Consoles were for dweebs Gemmil? :rolleyes:

Not in the same way a tie and blazer combo is. :snakehips:

It needs to be in FAT32 format mind but when you go about to doing so give us a shout and I'll help you along if you have any bother.

It needs to be in FAT32 format mind but when you go about to doing so give us a shout and I'll help you along if you have any bother.

FAT32. That's a pretty good description of me. :snakehips: Nice one mate, will call on your expertise, no doubt!

AlanPartridge.jpg

I think the argument that the PS3 has better graphics is a bit of a cop out. Realistically graphics have got so good that any improvements that can be made now are minor. If you're going to hang your argument on the fact the PS3 is superior because you can see every blemish on Rooney's face during a game of PES then you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

Until the PS3 comes down a bit more in price and more games are released I think the XBox is still the better option for the casual gamer. I'll probably invest in a PS3 over the next 18 months but until then i'm very happy with my 360. A mate of mine bought a 360, got it chipped and then when he got kicked off Live he went for a PS3. He had it for about a month before he hoyed his PS3 up on eBay and bought another 360. His excuse? The variety of games and the quality of online play.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Jealousy is an ugly quality in a man of your age and a man in your condition

AlanPartridge.jpg

I think the argument that the PS3 has better graphics is a bit of a cop out. Realistically graphics have got so good that any improvements that can be made now are minor. If you're going to hang your argument on the fact the PS3 is superior because you can see every blemish on Rooney's face during a game of PES then you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

Until the PS3 comes down a bit more in price and more games are released I think the XBox is still the better option for the casual gamer. I'll probably invest in a PS3 over the next 18 months but until then i'm very happy with my 360. A mate of mine bought a 360, got it chipped and then when he got kicked off Live he went for a PS3. He had it for about a month before he hoyed his PS3 up on eBay and bought another 360. His excuse? The variety of games and the quality of online play.

I'm not hanging my hat on anything. I couldn't give a shite if I'm honest. :rolleyes:

Didn't you say Consoles were for dweebs Gemmil? :icon_lol:

AlanPartridge.jpg

I'm not hanging my hat on anything. I couldn't give a shite if I'm honest. :rolleyes:

I wasn't directly referring to you. I was referring to whoever was gannin' on about the PS3's graphics.

EDIT - Tom, apparently :rolleyes:

Edited by Ketsbaia

I've got a PS3 and love it.

The 360 does have the better on-line stuff but the ps3 now lets you talk to friends in game and send invites in most new games so its pretty much the same for free. It also looks like a sexy beast. :snakehips:

I'd agree with Tom in the fact I did not like the 360 controller nor the menu system. But there is not much difference in graphics between the two at the moment. The PS3 does let developers store more data on their blu-rays but this normally means an install on the ps3 before you can play the game. I think the 360 also has quicker load times due to the slower blu-ray player.

Plus Gemmill has one so you cant go wrong with a PS3. :rolleyes:

Also for the Fifa debate, PES also has a be a legend mode coming out similar to be a pro. I'm still holding high hopes for this one.

All I play is Call of Duty online anyway cos I'm an enormous fucking nerd. :snakehips:

Do you tell people to "STFU n00b" when you "frag" them? :rolleyes:

I dinna who i'm kidding like, I wasted fucking months of my life playing COD4 on the webz0r :rolleyes:

Edited by Ketsbaia

All I play is Call of Duty online anyway cos I'm an enormous fucking nerd. :snakehips:

Do you tell people to "STFU n00b" when you "frag" them? :(

I dinna who i'm kidding like, I wasted fucking months of my life playing COD4 on the webz0r :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Have you played me or something?? :icon_lol:

Do you tell people to "STFU n00b" when you "frag" them? :(

:rolleyes: Have you played me or something?? :icon_lol:

Nah, I just assumed since you own a PS3 you talk like a complete fucking tool online :(

I used to think I was pretty good at that, used to win most matches against my mates and anyone who I played face to face was fair game. Then I went online. Fucking hell I'm not a fraction of these kids. there's incredbly high pitched squealing calling me a mother fucking fucking queer because I was so shit compared to them :rolleyes:

So I stopped playing online and went and got a beer instead, it's the only way I knew to win... :rolleyes:

I used to think I was pretty good at that, used to win most matches against my mates and anyone who I played face to face was fair game. Then I went online. Fucking hell I'm not a fraction of these kids. there's incredbly high pitched squealing calling me a mother fucking fucking queer because I was so shit compared to them :icon_lol:

So I stopped playing online and went and got a beer instead, it's the only way I knew to win... :rolleyes:

Nice to know it's not just me who was so shit I got abused. I've still never recovered from that 13 year old Yank telling me he had fucked my mother while lacing me on COD :rolleyes:

Edited by Ketsbaia