Steve Bruce for the Toon

acrossthepond

All right lads, you know I've never tried any ITK nonsense on with you but here's what I've heard.

Living in New York as I do, there have been rumors going about concerning Ashley's visit to the Pink Elephant club while the Keegan saga was going on. The word is that Ashley has long been an admirer of Steve Bruce, but couldn't approach him after the Allardyce sacking since he'd just joined Wigan not long ago. People claiming to know say that Ashley intimated several times that Bruce would be our next manager during his stay at the nightclub.

With that out of the way, I know some people on here have only scorn for Bruce, but would it be heretical of me to say I could see him here? He's done a job with both Birmingham and Wigan, made some inspired buys (although some not-so-inspired buys too) and I think we could do worse.

I would put my neck out and say that Bruce has raised his stock by leaving Brum, going to Wigan and showing that he can bring stability to another club. Wigan could have gone down once Jewell jumped ship but they seem to have made some shrewd buys.

Having said that we've already approached Bruce before, Bobby Robson mentioned him, and he's "local lad" so it's not exactly surprising he's brought up.

I'd certainly bring something up if that cabbage patch doll faced cunt ever manages the Toon

Well if people just keep saying managers then someone is bound to be right eventually.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=21008

:snakehips:

Having said that we've already approached Bruce before, Bobby Robson mentioned him, and he's "local lad" so it's not exactly surprising he's brought up.

I promise its gonna be Gulliet I'd put my house on it! :rolleyes:

Can't see anyone coming in until this miss with Ashley has cleared up. Bruce may well have been his plan last week but I can't see him bringing anyone in now.

I think even if you were an out of work manager you'd think twice before coming here, the way things are at the moment.

Have our(the fans) standards sunk so much recently, or has Bruce's stoke rose massively.

I couldn't be arsed to search it, but I'm pretty sure almost every poster on here was up in arms any time Bruce was linked(by himself) ith the job.

Have our(the fans) standards sunk so much recently, or has Bruce's stoke rose massively.

I couldn't be arsed to search it, but I'm pretty sure almost every poster on here was up in arms any time Bruce was linked(by himself) ith the job.

Agreed, although he has done fairly well at Wigan tbf.

Can't see any of the top four being remotely interested mind you.