God, it's depressing....

Asprilla

False dawn after false dawn.

Villa, Pompey, Everton and Man City all quietly getting on with European footy and strengthening.

We had it all within our grubby little grasp again and we imploded.

Yeah, I know I'm belly aching... but it's late and that's when you get pissed off at what could have been.

The UEFA Cup's shite anyway. :snakehips:

It really is though. Endless games against pub teams millions of miles away that just add to fixture congestion, affecting league form, and then we fuck up once we play someone halfway decent in March. The expansion of the CL has really fucked up what used to be a great cup competition.

Villa, Pompey, Everton and Man City all quietly getting on with European footy and strengthening.

Yeah, I know I'm belly aching... but it's late and that's when you get pissed off at what could have been.

Think how fans of Ipswich and Notingham Forest feel.

lacking in whores? :snakehips:

That's the second Ipswich ripper joke you've knocked out this morning. It's not 2006 you tiresome oaf. Glad I never came to your comedy nights if this the standard expected.

That's the second Ipswich ripper joke you've knocked out this morning. It's not 2006 you tiresome oaf. Glad I never came to your comedy nights if this the standard expected.

booyah!1 Sick internet burn

Fish had comedy nights?

lacking in whores? :rolleyes:

:snakehips:

Something to cheer you up...on this day. Amazing how many unreal results we've had on this day, we even won in the league at Southampton for fuck sake....lets hope we get the mackems on September 19th 2009.

1992 Bristol City (h)

5-0 (2-0)

Division One

O'Brien(40), Peacock(45pen,68pen), Carr(64), Brock(86)

1995 Bristol City (a)

5-0 (3-0)

League Cup 2nd Round 1st Leg

Peacock(8), Sellars(22), Ferdinand(30), Gillespie(46), Lee(85)

Scott Sellars scored on his return to first team duty after an eleven month absence through injury.

1998 Coventry (a)

5-1 (3-0)

Premiership

Dabizas(14), Shearer(42,90), Speed(43), Glass(58)

Whelan(4)

Just weeks after the arrival of Ruud Gullit, this was the third victory in seven days - Southampton thumped in the Saturday and Partizan Belgrade beaten midweek. Ruud had seemingly come in and waved his magic wand....

1999 Sheff Wed (h)

8-0 (4-0)

Premiership

Hughes(11), Shearer (30,33pen,42,81,84pen) Dyer(46), Speed(78)

The stuff of fairytales as Bobby Robson's first game on Tyneside resulted in an unbelievable 8-0 thumping of Sheff Wed. Alan Shearer ended up with five goals to equal Andy Cole's Premiership scoring record (for Man United).

2001 Gary Caldwell and Richard Offiong gave the Reserves a 2-1 win over Middlesbrough at the Riverside. Joseph Job had equalised for 'Boro before Offy's late winner.

NUFC.com match report

2004 Southampton (a)

2-1 (1-0)

Premiership

og(Prutton)(45), Carr(57)

Svensson(53)

Stephen Carr drove in a 30-yard screamer to give a generation of Newcastle fans a new experience - a league win at Southampton.

lacking in whores? :nufc:

Fish had comedy nights?

Worrying thought, isn't it?

The UEFA Cup's shite anyway. :nufc:

It really is though. Endless games against pub teams millions of miles away that just add to fixture congestion, affecting league form, and then we fuck up once we play someone halfway decent in March. The expansion of the CL has really fucked up what used to be a great cup competition.

Sure wish we had that :rolleyes: