Supporters Association

peasepud

Happy to see something set up, but a few constructive logistical questions/suggestions

1. Say 50,000 people pay £5, what would that £250K be spent on?

2. If those kind of numbers all pay, I'm still not sure I can see how their voices could be heard. Would people set up their own local 'cells' to canvas opinion and elect a sole representative to push their consensus opinion at HQ meetings?

3. Will this be able to stop Craig David (Schoman!) hand picking mongcredibly stupid people to be beamed around the world on SSN?

1. It was made clear that nobody would be paid for anything they did, all things would be acountable but it would be a fighting fund as such, allowing for promotion material to be made, Printing costs that sort of thing. I dont think anyone will know properly until it has been discussed and formulated into a proper plan. One thing I would expect is that all this would be made clear if/when the thing goes live ie you wouldnt be expected to pay up without being told about accountability.

2. Im not sure that you will ever get everyones voices heard but what you can do is canvass the majority ie via the likes of here. I would expect the association to have a website with a facilty for members only to vote etc.

3. I would hope it would, basically it would be made clear to the press that the views of nufc fans are only official if they come from the SA. Anything else can be taken as the personal view of the speaker. We would have to recognise that sometimes these views would be given by the SA when they havent been able to canvass the opinion but thats unavoidable. At least you'll know that the release has some credibility.

A website endorsed by all the major fanzine/website owners for fee paying subscribers to vote (rather than wax lyrical) on subjects that impact the fans sounds good to me I have to say. Certainly wouldn't get a bunch of Mackems distorting the view like you do in any other poll whether online, in the paper or on tv/radio.

How many people are subscribed to NUFC World? Is that a tenner? I'd far prefer to pay for my voice to be heard and receive a fan orientated newsletter, than to get official news updates from the club and the odd interview.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to see something set up, but a few constructive logistical questions/suggestions

2. If those kind of numbers all pay, I'm still not sure I can see how their voices could be heard. Would people set up their own local 'cells' to canvas opinion and elect a sole representative to push their consensus opinion at HQ meetings?

3. Will this be able to stop Craig David (Schoman!) hand picking mongcredibly stupid people to be beamed around the world on SSN?

1. It was made clear that nobody would be paid for anything they did, all things would be acountable but it would be a fighting fund as such, allowing for promotion material to be made, Printing costs that sort of thing. I dont think anyone will know properly until it has been discussed and formulated into a proper plan. One thing I would expect is that all this would be made clear if/when the thing goes live ie you wouldnt be expected to pay up without being told about accountability.

2. Im not sure that you will ever get everyones voices heard but what you can do is canvass the majority ie via the likes of here. I would expect the association to have a website with a facilty for members only to vote etc.

3. I would hope it would, basically it would be made clear to the press that the views of nufc fans are only official if they come from the SA. Anything else can be taken as the personal view of the speaker. We would have to recognise that sometimes these views would be given by the SA when they havent been able to canvass the opinion but thats unavoidable. At least you'll know that the release has some credibility.

A website endorsed by all the major fanzine/website owners for fee paying subscribers to vote (rather than wax lyrical) on subjects that impact the fans sounds good to me I have to say. Certainly wouldn't get a bunch of Mackems distorting the view like you do in any other poll whether online, in the paper or on tv/radio.

How many people are subscribed to NUFC World? Is that a tenner? I'd far prefer to pay for my voice to be heard and receive a fan orientated newsletter, than to get official news updates from the club and the odd interview.

Good point.

Good point.

Not a bad idea that.

50,000???

We easily have 1,000,000 fans (of varying description) in this country, I've said before, and I believe it. FFS claimed 1.4m, I think 1m is a reasonable number, and more around the world.

As you will gather from my sig,I am fairly aged!

I have supported nufc for fifty odd years and we are at the very bottom of the roller coaster at this moment.I think it is a great idea to set up this supporters group and I would love to be involved,albeit from overseas.(Brisbane Australia)

I think that people would be surprised at the number of overseas Toon fans there are,who would welcome some input in this way.

Anyway I'm in! :ph34r:

As you will gather from my sig,I am fairly aged!

I have supported nufc for fifty odd years and we are at the very bottom of the roller coaster at this moment.I think it is a great idea to set up this supporters group and I would love to be involved,albeit from overseas.(Brisbane Australia)

I think that people would be surprised at the number of overseas Toon fans there are,who would welcome some input in this way.

Anyway I'm in! :ph34r:

Excellent.

Like:

http://members.myfootballclub.co.uk/login

50,000???

We easily have 1,000,000 fans (of varying description) in this country, I've said before, and I believe it. FFS claimed 1.4m, I think 1m is a reasonable number, and more around the world.

A tad optimistic to think 1M+ people are going to pay their subs from the start.

My point was that £250K would be a lot of money even to start with, and as trusting as I am, I think there'd have to be a plan of how that money is spent, rather than letting it sit in someones bank account until ideas are generated. There's potential Arthur Fowlers all around during a credit crunch. :ph34r:

I don't think shares in the club is a viable option for this sort of organisation either. There aren't any shares up for sale for a start, so if you can't afford the whole club. A presence within the club would be beneficial, but I think that would be best achieved through open communication going both ways, like Mort set up before he left.

A tad optimistic to think 1M+ people are going to pay their subs from the start.

My point was that £250K would be a lot of money even to start with, and as trusting as I am, I think there'd have to be a plan of how that money is spent, rather than letting it sit in someones bank account until ideas are generated. There's potential Arthur Fowlers all around during a credit crunch. :ph34r:

I don't think shares in the club is a viable option for this sort of organisation either. There aren't any shares up for sale for a start, so if you can't afford the whole club. A presence within the club would be beneficial, but I think that would be best achieved through open communication going both ways, like disappeared with Mort when he left.

FYP

Like:

Personally I wouldn't want us to do an Ebsfleet. I prefer to be able to rant at and about the club as opposed to being the one to blame. I'd only want the site to canvas opinion of the fans without leading questions. This would give an honest view of what the fans are thinking as a whole, which the media could believe wasn't skewed. Whether the club listen to that should be left to them.

The first campaign should be to get the stairs to level 7 in the singing corner re-painted and lit btw.

It's fucking grim.

Like:

Personally I wouldn't want us to do an Ebsfleet. I prefer to be able to rant at and about the club as opposed to being the one to blame. I'd only want the site to canvas opinion of the fans without leading questions. This would give an honest view of what the fans are thinking as a whole, which the media could believe wasn't skewed. Whether the club listen to that should be left to them.

The first campaign should be to get the stairs to level 7 in the singing corner re-painted and lit btw.

It's fucking grim.

As I've said elsewhere, it wouldn;t really be possible because the demands between a non league amd a top flight club are worlds apart.

But the site that is used by members to make decisions/vote/converse is outstanding and secure.

Hence my citing it as an alternative to nufcworld that was mentioned.

The only way it could work is if the fans elect a President like Barca do then don't have any more real say until it's time for another vote. The need to be re-elected keeps the President 'honest' as it were and you also have the fans out of the day-to-day decision-making process. I'm still not remotely convinced that would work for NUFC. It would be nice though.

Great idea regarding a president. I believe it should be a working class champion representing the view of the fans at the highest level, not some businessman.

Great idea regarding a president. I believe it should be a working class champion representing the view of the fans at the highest level, not some businessman.

I believe it should be a businessman who has experience of running a business, not some lercal radgee who's been to every away game since 1977.

:ph34r:

I wanted to go to the meeting last night but circumstances prevented me. Thanks pud/Tom for the info.

I would be happy to pay to become a member of a NUFC SA, but I'm not too sure what the ultimate objectives are. If it is just to have an authorative voice which represented a SA then that's good for me. However, if it's to try to get some say within the club I'm against.

As pud says, the interweb would easily have updated thoughts/proposals which members could argue/agree with.

But, I guess I'm not alone in predicting some well-thought-of person at the top of such an organisation being hounded out one day saying 'That's it. I've had enough of the all the moaning cunts whinging on at me about what I said to the tv/papers. They can do it themselves.'

EDIT: post 69. Bring it on :ph34r:

Edited by snakehips

I nominate you

;)

Would be too much of a media circus if it was me, and I'd probably end up having to do Indian Big Brother.

I believe it should be a businessman who has experience of running a business, not some lercal radgee who's been to every away game since 1977.

:ph34r:

Why not? Someone who's reasonably articulate who can also relate to the man on the street is exactly what we need.

Edited by Stevie

I think you get a four-year term with Barcelona which gives a reasonable amount of stability and if you're doing a good job you can be re-elected. There is also the possibility of a vote of no-confidence if things go tits up mid-term. Maybe it could work. It would certainly be a welcome antidote to all the foreign investment being courted and it would give the club back to the fans. It would actually be a real 'club', for a start. It would be hard to compete with the big boys but we aren't competing with them anyway and haven't really done so for a while. The club would have to live within its means but I think it's very possible to do that and still be a decent PL side and attract decent players. Indeed, it would be a good way to do things in the long-term. And before anyone reckons that's what Ashley was trying to make the club do I'd say he was doing that to maximise his investment not 'save' the club.

Yes:

1. Probably a tenner or less sounds about right.

2. Representing/speaking for fans as opposed to constant Sky Mongness

3. Would like to see it completely independent of club (though a hopefully "friendly" relationship)

4. Being an exile, I think t'internet now makes this possible for the first time.

The only way it could work is if the fans elect a President like Barca do then don't have any more real say until it's time for another vote. The need to be re-elected keeps the President 'honest' as it were and you also have the fans out of the day-to-day decision-making process. I'm still not remotely convinced that would work for NUFC. It would be nice though.