Supporters Association

peasepud

I think it's a good idea to have an organised group, so that the fans have a moderated and reasonable voice. Personally I wouldn't pay to be a part of it because I think there are better men and women to speak on any and all matters Newcastle United and while I support the actions and the ideas I would be paying money to something I'd most likely never make use of.

I'd be happy to help in other ways though.

Better than who? the people who would be putting forward the views etc haven't even been "elected" yet. If you mean better than the likes of me then I totally agree, theres no way that I would even be putting myself forward for anything that involved facing the world and talking about the toon. ;)

Hey I'd be happy to contribute to an S.A. financially, but it'd be donations and not my voice. I meant there are people who have more knowledge about 1)the wants and desires of the average fan, 2) the way to bring those things to fruition and 3) football in general.

I dont agree (but cheers for the cash :ph34r:), there are better people to talk to the press yes (especially if its TV what with your dress sense) but your view is no less important than anyone elses...........except mine of course........

oh and Stevies.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think being one of the more prominent websites, we should have a representative in this thing. Someone from Newcastle Online, someone from here, someone from TOTT - I mean the bloke Ken basically organised the 3pm march single handed, so websites have influence.

We could elect a representative every few months. With a few guidelines about criteria for being elected. i.e Arnie can never be President of America etc..

I think being one of the more prominent websites, we should have a representative in this thing. Someone from Newcastle Online, someone from here, someone from TOTT - I mean the bloke Ken basically organised the 3pm march single handed, so websites have influence.

We could elect a representative every few months. With a few guidelines about criteria for being elected. i.e Arnie can never be President of America etc..

The fee could be a little higher, say a £10 so money could be used to strike back when required and maybe in the future buy shares in the club and whatnot..JUst thinking aloud.

To an extent though I think thats part of the "problem" nothing against the likes of the march but what we need is a collective series of actions in times like this. If theres an SA then all websites, forums etc should agree to promote what the SA recommends and not plan any alternative actions. As good as they seem, they are nothing unless done as a whole.

I know there was someone there from nufc-forum.com but not sure about the likes of N-O etc.

I agree with Stevie's point. N-O, Toontastic, Skunkers, TOTT etc. clearly have pull and have fans post on them from all over the world. They've got to play an active role in it if they support the idea.

I agree with Stevie's point. N-O, Toontastic, Skunkers, TOTT etc. clearly have pull and have fans post on them from all over the world. They've got to play an active role in it if they support the idea.

Yeah, I'd really love to see N-O, Toontastic and the rest involved in this.

Yes, I think whoever it would be who represented any of the websites would have to born in the North East *compromises, it wouldn't even be practical to have it any other way.

I have to admit that I am fully behind this in a totally non particapatory (doubt that's a real word of if it is that I've spelt it right) way.

I might pay to be a member or contribute to specific causes in the future but I really couldn't see myself getting involved in meetings.

Full respect to those who do though and it would be great to see a sensible presence in the press instead of the charvas that they seem to go out of their way to find at the moment (more on tonight in relation to the new sales stories in what didn't appear to be the city centre).

Thats fine though, maybe I didnt make myself clear in the first post and that might explain Fish's answer.

What they are talking about is having 50, 60, 100, 250k NUFC supporters worldwide who pay a small annual fee (£5 was mentioned as the sort of figure) to be recognised as a supporter, giving them some rights to put their points forward, take part in meetings if they want but more importantly their subs would pay towards running the thing (nobody however would be paid anything to take an active role) and allow a voice to be heard. The association would be recognised by the media and ensure that the only statements that hold any credence are theirs. No radgees from Walker or wannabe gangsters who proclaim themselves the "voice of the fans".

Edit: Oh and more importantly you'd get a membership card :ph34r:

Cool, I'm up for a card like.

To an extent though I think thats part of the "problem" nothing against the likes of the march but what we need is a collective series of actions in times like this. If theres an SA then all websites, forums etc should agree to promote what the SA recommends and not plan any alternative actions. As good as they seem, they are nothing unless done as a whole.

I know there was someone there from nufc-forum.com but not sure about the likes of N-O etc.

Are there any N-O lads still out to lynch you over Hitzfeld-gate?

Agree with what Stevie has been saying, I'd have no problem paying a tenners subscription.

As has also been said, this needs to be organised, focused and reasoned.

What was the consensus on the make-up of the panel?

Cheers to Pud and Tom for the updates.

Yes, I think whoever it would be who represented any of the websites would have to born in the North East *compromises, it wouldn't even be practical to have it any other way.

Why Born here?

What possible difference could that make? :ph34r:

I have to admit that I am fully behind this in a totally non particapatory (doubt that's a real word of if it is that I've spelt it right) way.

I might pay to be a member or contribute to specific causes in the future but I really couldn't see myself getting involved in meetings.

Full respect to those who do though and it would be great to see a sensible presence in the press instead of the charvas that they seem to go out of their way to find at the moment (more on tonight in relation to the new sales stories in what didn't appear to be the city centre).

Thats fine though, maybe I didnt make myself clear in the first post and that might explain Fish's answer.

What they are talking about is having 50, 60, 100, 250k NUFC supporters worldwide who pay a small annual fee (£5 was mentioned as the sort of figure) to be recognised as a supporter, giving them some rights to put their points forward, take part in meetings if they want but more importantly their subs would pay towards running the thing (nobody however would be paid anything to take an active role) and allow a voice to be heard. The association would be recognised by the media and ensure that the only statements that hold any credence are theirs. No radgees from Walker or wannabe gangsters who proclaim themselves the "voice of the fans".

Edit: Oh and more importantly you'd get a membership card :ph34r:

Cool, I'm up for a card like.

;) I want a card.

Why Born here?

I think he means if the websites are going to be represented at the meetings they really need to be localish. At least that's what I hope he meant.

Why Born here?

What possible difference could that make? ;)

It shouldnt, one thing I think is recognised by all is that you dont have to be born or live here to love the toon. You dont have to be a season ticket holder or even go to the odd match to be devastated by the goings on or have your weekend ruined by a bad result.

You would however, have to be local to attend all the meetings :ph34r:

Why Born here?

I think he means if the websites are going to be represented at the meetings they really need to be localish. At least that's what I hope he meant.

No problem with demanding the representative be based in the north east, I'd even go so far as to say the rep has to be within 30 minutes drive of Newcastle City centre.

Couldn't give a crap where s/he was born though.

It went down well. They all spoke a lot of sense and seemed to capture the general mood and their comments got big rounds of applause.

Aye, they seem to have most bases covered. Would be good if they could add a representative of the online sites too.

The impression I got was, must be a toon fan and capable of making decisions, giving reasoned argument and listening to the views of the fans. Anyone could be on it as long as they can demonstrate they will make a difference by being there.

Yes I would. Mainly as if its to work and use its voice well, then money may be needed to fund various things. If it went unfunded, I think it would lessens its potential impact (you dont want to meet in someones garage do you).

Appreciate what you're saying by the way Pud. I'd like for there to be a way, some method, of "electing" a representative, but acknowledge that's impossible.

Happy to see something set up, but a few constructive logistical questions/suggestions

1. Say 50,000 people pay £5, what would that £250K be spent on?

2. If those kind of numbers all pay, I'm still not sure I can see how their voices could be heard. Would people set up their own local 'cells' to canvas opinion and elect a sole representative to push their consensus opinion at HQ meetings?

3. Will this be able to stop Craig David (Schoman!) hand picking mongcredibly stupid people to be beamed around the world on SSN?

It went down well. They all spoke a lot of sense and seemed to capture the general mood and their comments got big rounds of applause.

Aye, they seem to have most bases covered. Would be good if they could add a representative of the online sites too.

Just to point out again though, the board/panel whatever we call it has not yet been decided or elected. The method of election hasnt even been decided. It was merely to put forward the idea and get some names in the frame for taking this onwards. The email I received from Mark Jensen yesterday made it clear that both him and Mick of True Faith didnt see themselves as being automatic choices for the roles. They were just the catalysts to get it moving.

Happy to see something set up, but a few constructive logistical questions/suggestions

1. Say 50,000 people pay £5, what would that £250K be spent on?

2. If those kind of numbers all pay, I'm still not sure I can see how their voices could be heard. Would people set up their own local 'cells' to canvas opinion and elect a sole representative to push their consensus opinion at HQ meetings?

3. Will this be able to stop Craig David (Schoman!) hand picking mongcredibly stupid people to be beamed around the world on SSN?

1. It was made clear that nobody would be paid for anything they did, all things would be acountable but it would be a fighting fund as such, allowing for promotion material to be made, Printing costs that sort of thing. I dont think anyone will know properly until it has been discussed and formulated into a proper plan. One thing I would expect is that all this would be made clear if/when the thing goes live ie you wouldnt be expected to pay up without being told about accountability.

2. Im not sure that you will ever get everyones voices heard but what you can do is canvass the majority ie via the likes of here. I would expect the association to have a website with a facilty for members only to vote etc.

3. I would hope it would, basically it would be made clear to the press that the views of nufc fans are only official if they come from the SA. Anything else can be taken as the personal view of the speaker. We would have to recognise that sometimes these views would be given by the SA when they havent been able to canvass the opinion but thats unavoidable. At least you'll know that the release has some credibility.

Appreciate what you're saying by the way Pud. I'd like for there to be a way, some method, of "electing" a representative, but acknowledge that's impossible.

I dont think it is impossible and if I do have any involvement in the setting up of this then I would be looking for that kind of thing to be the norm.

Just to point out again though, the board/panel whatever we call it has not yet been decided or elected. The method of election hasnt even been decided. It was merely to put forward the idea and get some names in the frame for taking this onwards. The email I received from Mark Jensen yesterday made it clear that both him and Mick of True Faith didnt see themselves as being automatic choices for the roles. They were just the catalysts to get it moving.

That's fair enough. Should probably be an either/or situation anyway.